Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3935630)   #5251
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I've just found a great game on Twitter. The last two digits of your phone number are your Lotus type. Mines a 41 - F2/F3 car from 1966-68. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_41 Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for me I don't think Lotus ever made a 00.

Landline it would be the Lotus 6.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3935635)   #5252
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Unfortunately for me I don't think Lotus ever made a 00. Landline it would be the Lotus 6.
Lotus 6 is cool.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3935641)   #5253
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would be the Lotus 14, which was the first Elite, and also the Lotus 16, Colin's second single seater, which was created to run in both Formula 1 and F2.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3935667)   #5254
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would be the Lotus 14, which was the first Elite, and also the Lotus 16, Colin's second single seater, which was created to run in both Formula 1 and F2.
Frankly I would not want to be ANY Lotus. I shall have to change my telephone number.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3935675)   #5255
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Well I'm a Lotus 61 which is apparently a wedge shaped Formula Ford.
(I'm also going to keep a watchful eye on Max's posts from now on just in case he starts a series of 'Which model of Lotus would the two digits fourth/sixth/eighth/etc from last of your mobile 'phone number be as before long he'll know the whole thing!)
2 racing at Silverstone today in the FFord HSCC finals, always look special on track
Old 19 Oct 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3935677)   #5256
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Frankly I would not want to be ANY Lotus. I shall have to change my telephone number.
Not even a Lotus Carlton??

Just catching up, so a very late Happy Birthday to Mike. Glad you enjoyed our rain. After about three months without a drop, it now won't stop. The downside is we will soon be allowed to wash our cars again...
Old 19 Oct 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3935688)   #5257
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

(I'm also going to keep a watchful eye on Max's posts from now on just in case he starts a series of 'Which model of Lotus would the two digits fourth/sixth/eighth/etc from last of your mobile 'phone number be as before long he'll know the whole thing!)
That'll be the last two digits of your PIN then please. And what did you say your mother's name was before she got married?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Oct 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3935694)   #5258
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Good old Bob . Made me laugh .Now Gerrard we have had a very nice time here at Paul Richard .My main observation is the a lot of men have pony tails and they seem to kiss each other . Do you have a pony tail . ?
Old 19 Oct 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3935695)   #5259
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mmm, the Lotus 64 - rather have the 79 !
Old 19 Oct 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3935696)   #5260
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Top 3 for me is the Lotus 25, 72 and 91. All look lovely.

Any lotus looks nice so could go with any.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 04:38 (Ref:3935772)   #5261
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Good old Bob . Made me laugh .Now Gerrard we have had a very nice time here at Paul Richard .My main observation is the a lot of men have pony tails and they seem to kiss each other . Do you have a pony tail . ?
Bit disconcerting when you first see it Iain. Same as in Belgium. Are you going to grow one?
Old 20 Oct 2019, 05:55 (Ref:3935778)   #5262
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
I already have the 79 (in phone number terms!)
Old 20 Oct 2019, 05:59 (Ref:3935779)   #5263
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thought you would have BRM 1212 Bob.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3935785)   #5264
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!

Yes Chris, I thought the same but… look: recently Bob asked to have a rotating keyboard fitted to his mobile phone! Wait a bit for this thing now weighting 25 pounds to work properly in a back bag!
Old 20 Oct 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3935787)   #5265
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just found this one now! While we are here, lets go, I dont need to be pushed too hard in this matter. My ex girl friend always proudly said I have a poney tail but I dont kiss men! Cheers to that, another time congratulations to you and drbob. Enjoy those moments they are magic. Ce sont de foutus Happy Days, n'est-ce pas!
Old 20 Oct 2019, 07:43 (Ref:3935795)   #5266
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Thought you would have BRM 1212 Bob.
My number will remain secret, however, the dialling code for this part of Pakistan is 01582.

So I will settle for a 1.5 litre s/c V8 Alfa Romeo Grand prix car from 1951.

158 mk2. Trumps any Trog from Chapman easily.

On a not dissimilar topic, I can always recall my mobile number by the driver who won the F1 Championship in any particular year.

For example 078 (Andretti) 61 (Hill P) 50 (Farina). Don't try and ring the resultant number it might be MI5.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3935802)   #5267
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Just found this one now! While we are here, lets go, I dont need to be pushed too hard in this matter. My ex girl friend always proudly said I have a poney tail but I dont kiss men! Cheers to that, another time congratulations to you and drbob. Enjoy those moments they are magic. Ce sont de foutus Happy Days, n'est-ce pas!
Hooray! Now I know why I like you - you don't kiss men! They are a bit keen on it round here.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3935804)   #5268
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Top 3 for me is the Lotus 25, 72 and 91. All look lovely.

Any lotus looks nice so could go with any.
Excellent taste, Will, except I would substitute the 79 for the 91 since it won me a lot of bonus money in 1978!

For what it's worth, my Lotus phone number is 44.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3935810)   #5269
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
So I will settle for a 1.5 litre s/c V8 Alfa Romeo Grand prix car from 1951.

158 mk2. Trumps any Trog from Chapman easily.
That very car (I think, but maybe this one was not a Mk2) graced us with its presence at Phillip Island a few years ago as part of Alfa's 100th anniversary celebrations.
https://www.shannons.com.au/club/new...hillip-island/

Gorgeous car. I would post photos but I inadvertently left my portable hard drive with all my photos on in Spain.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3935816)   #5270
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Excellent taste, Will, except I would substitute the 79 for the 91 since it won me a lot of bonus money in 1978!

For what it's worth, my Lotus phone number is 44.
no chance, I've got the 91 :-)
Old 20 Oct 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3935820)   #5271
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Lotus number is 88 so I've been banned.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 20 Oct 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3935824)   #5272
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That'll be the last two digits of your PIN then please. And what did you say your mother's name was before she got married?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'm not telling you my PIN (I struggle to remember it anyway), but Mum didn't change her mane when she got married, she was always called Brenda
Old 20 Oct 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3935826)   #5273
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm not telling you my PIN (I struggle to remember it anyway), but Mum didn't change her mane when she got married, she was always called Brenda

Was your Mum a lion Viv?
Old 20 Oct 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3935827)   #5274
bauble
Veteran

England
I knew a nice lady named Brenda,
Who once showed me her lacy suspender,
She said with a sigh,
Do you like my thigh?
Now you know I couldn't offend her.

Bill Rattlejavelin.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3935829)   #5275
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry for interrupting this very much interesting conversation about women bras! Could anyone tell me what is the difference between ET0 and ET00 when ordering wheel rims, please?
OK after this you can go on…