Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:02 (Ref:3911516)   #1276
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too much work today, already contemplating that sleep thing to be up for the last couple hours. But staying up for the sunrise is always nice too
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:03 (Ref:3911517)   #1277
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Well the #8 is suffering from possible floor damage and aero problems and it shows. Alonso is dropping back fast.
Floor problems would seem correct, and why throwing different bodywork settings on isn't pleasing the drivers.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:07 (Ref:3911520)   #1278
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
On pace for about 380 laps at this rate. Things could always pick up though so lets see the total after another couple of hours.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:08 (Ref:3911521)   #1279
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Too much work today, already contemplating that sleep thing to be up for the last couple hours. But staying up for the sunrise is always nice too
You can do it, its just the equivalent of Petit LeMans left to go...
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:10 (Ref:3911523)   #1280
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
I usually nap at Petit mid afternoon and that's at about 50' from the track. And not overnight
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:16 (Ref:3911527)   #1281
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
50 seconds covers the top 6 in GTE, 14 hours in.

51 Ferrari have done the brake change so gap came down from over a minute to around 40 seconds, but I think they got caught out by the slow zone and it cost them something like 20 seconds. Gap is now only 15 seconds to second place in GTE.

It's game on. Ferrari(x1), Porsche (x2), Ford (x2), Corvette (x1)

There is certainly an advantage bringing 4 cars to Le Mans. Porsche and Ford still have 2 bullets in the gun.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:17 (Ref:3911528)   #1282
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've moved from one room to another, from recliner to couch. Also just poured another bourbon. I'm hoping to make it till 8 hours left and then take a snooze for a few hours.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:17 (Ref:3911529)   #1283
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I just poured my first bourbon which means I'll be asleep in 45 mins and housed in 2 hrs
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:19 (Ref:3911530)   #1284
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm end-of-PLM intoxicated with the whole race left to go.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:20 (Ref:3911531)   #1285
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brake change for the 93 Porsche.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:22 (Ref:3911533)   #1286
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nope, not gonna make it at all. Although think I'm going to have the wife put the fancy noise cancelling earbuds in so I can fall asleep listening to the race
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:25 (Ref:3911536)   #1287
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Jose Maria Lopez is getting in so watch out barriers" says Damon.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:25 (Ref:3911538)   #1288
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Just thinking about the #7 lineup, and with Lopez in there, if they keep this up, wouldn't that be the first Argentine winner since Gonzalez in 1954?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:25 (Ref:3911539)   #1289
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:30 (Ref:3911542)   #1290
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Every Aston has had trouble this race, correct?
Yes. Oh, you meant just this race. Yes anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
50 seconds covers the top 6 in GTE, 14 hours in.

51 Ferrari have done the brake change so gap came down from over a minute to around 40 seconds, but I think they got caught out by the slow zone and it cost them something like 20 seconds. Gap is now only 15 seconds to second place in GTE.

It's game on. Ferrari(x1), Porsche (x2), Ford (x2), Corvette (x1)

There is certainly an advantage bringing 4 cars to Le Mans. Porsche and Ford still have 2 bullets in the gun.

Quote:
I've moved from one room to another, from recliner to couch. Also just poured another bourbon. I'm hoping to make it till 8 hours left and then take a snooze for a few hours.
Coffee is on, scotch in hand.

I have just cheated by nipping off for a quick shower, but feeling I can make morning (French time).
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:31 (Ref:3911543)   #1291
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
"Jose Maria Lopez is getting in so watch out barriers" says Damon.
"LM has more nose changes than Beverly Hills. " Nic Damon!

Why have I waited so long to change over?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:31 (Ref:3911544)   #1292
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I just poured my first bourbon which means I'll be asleep in 45 mins and housed in 2 hrs
Quote:
my bourbon has given me a second wind, i'm sure it will last.... Plus I jsut got a really nice haircut so I feel great
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:32 (Ref:3911545)   #1293
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
"LM has more nose changes than Beverly Hills. " Nic Damon!

Why have I waited so long to change over?
I wish Nick was on for the full 24 hours, he is the best pit lane guy in the business.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:38 (Ref:3911546)   #1294
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad we are all on the same page with Bourbon being the drink of choice. I haven't started in on that yet. I usually wait for the last 4-5 hours, otherwise I would not make it...
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:40 (Ref:3911547)   #1295
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I'm glad we are all on the same page with Bourbon being the drink of choice. I haven't started in on that yet. I usually wait for the last 4-5 hours, otherwise I would not make it...
I stopped staying up for the whole race once i had more than one kid and fathers day falls on Sunday of the race. So i can have bourbon then take a nap and get up for the final 3-4 hours.

And what is your bourbon of choice for the morning? I am on 1792 right now.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:40 (Ref:3911548)   #1296
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
#61 Clearwater Racing driver M Griffin. Any relation do you think?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:42 (Ref:3911549)   #1297
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I stopped staying up for the whole race once i had more than one kid and fathers day falls on Sunday of the race. So i can have bourbon then take a nap and get up for the final 3-4 hours.

Similar style, Jura. Scotch from a wee island.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:43 (Ref:3911550)   #1298
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Quote:

When I get to that point - Four Roses Single Barrel

My fathers day present this year: My wife took both our daughters to grandmas house over night and wont be back until Sunday afternoon. Lucked out!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:47 (Ref:3911552)   #1299
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That has worked out well.
Attached Thumbnails
14.png   gaps 14.png  
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:48 (Ref:3911553)   #1300
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
When I get to that point - Four Roses Single Barrel

My fathers day present this year: My wife took both our daughters to grandmas house over night and wont be back until Sunday afternoon. Lucked out!
Fantastic gift!