Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Apr 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1886618)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis..."I tricked him!" (Massa)

Pretty cool during the post race interview when Hammy was asked to comment on Massa trying to overtake him. When he said he tricked him into using a different braking point really made me listen. Here's a rookie F1 driver forcing an experienced driver into making a mistake. To top it all off Lewis said he was "sorry for that!"

Watching Lewis race is like watching a veteran. After all he is a race veteran, but not in an F1 car. Well done!
Old 8 Apr 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1886711)   #2
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, it was good racecraft, though nothing really you shouldn't expect to see at the top level.

It was amateur hour though from Massa it has to be said.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 21:40 (Ref:1886776)   #3
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton races the F1 like in F3 or GP2.. and I love it!
Old 8 Apr 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1886790)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton is a top driver, even being a rookie, just don't diminish his move by calling Massa an amateur !
Old 8 Apr 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1886793)   #5
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like lewis a lot
Old 8 Apr 2007, 23:19 (Ref:1886837)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was a great bit of racecraft when I saw the move, then that comment in the press conference raised a smile!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 02:26 (Ref:1886925)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a top notch bit of driving/racing from Hamilton, but it's not like he was the first to ever do it. Massa was quite poor today. He made the same mistake ealier in the same corner for God's sake. Later while chasing Heidfeld he was missing apex's left, right and centre.
Hamilton is a great racer no doubt, but Massa was ripe for the picking today.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 9 Apr 2007, 03:23 (Ref:1886943)   #8
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After watching him actually RACE in GP2 I was looking forward to see him RACE in F1. NO DISAPPOINTMENTS for me at all in his first 2 races. Great stuff!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 04:18 (Ref:1886956)   #9
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love this guy!!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 05:26 (Ref:1886969)   #10
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Brundle pointed out at the time Massa only had to overtake Hamilton once, ie get the correct position into the corner, he didnt need to also outbrake him. But to do it twice shows that Massa is quick but dumb shown up by the rookie
Old 9 Apr 2007, 08:12 (Ref:1887025)   #11
Jon Lincoln
Rookie

Jon Lincoln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a nice bit of arrogance from Lewis in the press conference. I hope it doesn't develop into a nasty bit of arrogance as he improves or bitterness when he suffers problems.

I don't think it will and on this occassion it was just right. Massa must be fuming because he was made to look stupid 4 times in one afternoon: Once at the start, twice during his failed overtaking attempts and then once more with a cherry on the top in the press conference.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1887035)   #12
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we; lewis jahas already delivered more overtaking then the whole of the 2006 season , new egneration showing the older boys how its done. great to watch, cant wait to see what he can do in barhain. he was very god with ther ferraris, predicted what massa was going to do and then switched back and took it back, got massa hot headed then he went off. great stuff.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1887059)   #13
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lincoln
Massa must be fuming because he was made to look stupid 4 times in one afternoon: Once at the start, twice during his failed overtaking attempts and then once more with a cherry on the top in the press conference.
I bet he got home, tried to kick the cat but tripped and fell on his ar$e!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 09:44 (Ref:1887063)   #14
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
please not another arrogant pommy driver in f1, we already have James "007" button. Things are going well for him so far, but its a long season. Needs to keep his ego in check and concentrate, but he is looking very promising. I hope he beats alosno a few times.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1887074)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Was it not only arrogance but also naivety to say what he did? Surely you would never admit to wrong footing the opposition in case you want to do it again in the future.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1887075)   #16
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say Button is arrogant really. Well, maybe a bit. But I think it's frustration more than anything at the moment.

Arrogance is certainly not something you could level at Webber. Definitely a down to earth guy, much like Schumacher.

And so far, Hamilton seems to be mature and level headed for his age and experience. If he does start to get carried away with it, I'm fairly sure the combination of Ron and his dad will keep him in check.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1887106)   #17
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Lewis is quite cocky, without being unpleasant. What he said about Massa was a canny bit of psycology. It reminded me of the sort of comments Valentino Rossi makes about his rivals. Either way, it's about time a driver said something interesting in the post race press conference.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1887109)   #18
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Seems to me McLaren as a whole are far more forward this year. We've had Ronzo going on about how Ferrari were not really ahead in Oz, they were just first, and hinting heavily that they were no longer glad to be grey and needed an image makeover. And Hamilton being cheeky in the press conference. Seems a bit unlike Mac over recent years.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1887118)   #19
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Seems to me McLaren as a whole are far more forward this year. We've had Ronzo going on about how Ferrari were not really ahead in Oz, they were just first, and hinting heavily that they were no longer glad to be grey and needed an image makeover. And Hamilton being cheeky in the press conference. Seems a bit unlike Mac over recent years.
Yep, before you know it, Lewis will have grown a fluffy beard and Alonso will be wearing a Supeman cape on the podium.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1887145)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton did trick Massa. Not really arrogance to state that.

"End of" (as people, and indeed myself in this instance to respond to such a stupid comment, say).
Old 9 Apr 2007, 11:59 (Ref:1887149)   #21
locco
Rookie

locco has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think that was arrogant, in any case arrogance is fun to watch, go Lewis!
Old 9 Apr 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1887163)   #22
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This rookie term is rather misleading. he may be in his first season of F1, however he is the best prepared driver ever to enter Formula 1. He has been though all the kart categories, Formula Renault, Formula 3 and GP2, becoming champion in all of them, he has also spent many happy hours in the McLaren F1 simulator. He is also fortunate to be driving Formula one cars which are acknowledged to be fairly tame in comparison to some of their predecessors and have all the driver aids a man could wish for. Contrast this with being flung into your first season, direct from F3 in the Turbo era. Cars which really were a handfull to drive.
I am not knocking Lewis, he is a great diver and i hope he becomes our next World Champion, but rookie he is not.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1887164)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton arrogant? Seemed like a neat bit of psychology to me. Throughout his single-seater career he has never struck me as arrogant.

It was just a cheeky little comment and it will have wound Massa right up, which is the idea.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1887175)   #24
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Knowlesy, you're forgetting the first law of formula one driver character. They exist in only two alternative states. Boring or arrogant. No other state is allowed.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1887176)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silly me for forgetting!