Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Oct 2004, 20:04 (Ref:1127660)   #51
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many drivers are contracted to WPS now and who has the best chance for next year. I know of Baird looking pretty good but why would they drop Bessy for yooung or is there someone else in the picture
Old 18 Oct 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1127762)   #52
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason Bright?
Old 18 Oct 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1127765)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any of the leftover drivers might take the new WPS Aussie Racer gig

From RaceNews....

"Queensland-based Ford V8Supercar team, WPS Racing has announced that it will be adding to its array of motorsport activities in 2005 with an entry in the Aussie Racing Cars Championship. The team has revealed that it will run a factory-supported AU Falcon in its distinctive black and silver livery. The driver of the car has not been decided on yet, but it is expected to be a talented youngster, with the aim of using the category as a stepping-stone to V8Supercars.

The announcement is yet another boon to the Aussie Racing Cars series, with the influx of interest from V8Supercar teams further establishing the credentials of the category. WPS Racing team owner Craig Gore is thrilled to be expanding the team’s racing interests, "Aussie Racing Cars is a fantastic category and we are very excited about the prospects of developing young drivers’ talents to join our V8 team"

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Oct 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1127806)   #54
pete55
Veteran

Sometimes people in the public eye start out being funny and in the end become a joke. Craig Gore might write some funny stuff and be outspoken but in the end will he be taken seriously and will it affect the viability of 'his' team.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 00:02 (Ref:1127874)   #55
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't Gore come out at the $hanghai launch and virtually guarantee that Mr Yoong would be driving for WPS at the China round? So does that mean Baird or Besnard step down for a round, or do they aquire a one-off franchise (I can't see that being possible, as I thought it was the top 32 cars going over)?

Last edited by mayhem; 19 Oct 2004 at 00:04.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 02:13 (Ref:1127911)   #56
pete55
Veteran

It's now going to be the top 32 cars with dispensations for poorly performing stars.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1128005)   #57
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the Ch 10 news tonight Mr Gore is looking at running a Champ Car team fulltime next year.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 19 Oct 2004, 09:15 (Ref:1128062)   #58
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that is true then that would tie in.....Yoong and Bernard in champ car, and the rumoured asian $$$$$ would seem to fit,,,,,the plot thickens
Old 19 Oct 2004, 09:23 (Ref:1128066)   #59
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, you have to take your hat off to Gorey, really.

Will this Champ Car operation be a part of PKV or Walker Racing or a stand-alone team?

Is this part of a thrust into the USA for WPS, or just for fun?

So many questions.....
Old 19 Oct 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1128069)   #60
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Gore Yoong Racing.......where the hell is Ross when you need him, or amybe his right hand man can help with this one.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1128111)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has Ross got a right hand man?

And here I was thinking Gorey had put in a bid for Minardi
Old 19 Oct 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1128213)   #62
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blimey! I remember reporting that the WPS had a three year budget of $10mil, now they've spent $15mil, now a Champ Car team?? Deadset, it would be cheaper to fly to the moon!
Old 19 Oct 2004, 12:47 (Ref:1128232)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The new helicopter arrives shortly too apparently
Old 19 Oct 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1128251)   #64
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a thought that probably doesn't belong here- how about a Grove fruit juice DJR Konica car next year?
Old 19 Oct 2004, 19:29 (Ref:1128670)   #65
pete55
Veteran

We're still working on the main series cars Crash.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 21:39 (Ref:1128795)   #66
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Bessy was on the Today Show this morning and was asked what the deal was with all his crash's.

This should put Gores fears to rest.

" They are just part of being a race driver, I just go harder next time" or something very similiar to that

:

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 20 Oct 2004, 11:57 (Ref:1129365)   #67
pete55
Veteran

If Mr. Gore does go Champ Car, does anybody think that Besnard and Yoong will be the drivers?
Old 20 Oct 2004, 18:59 (Ref:1129842)   #68
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard a rumour that WPS even pays it's part timers to driver at Bathurst. Which is pretty generous when you consider the drivers you could get for free.. or even paying for the right.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 22:14 (Ref:1130095)   #69
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why shouldn't part timers get paid? I don't know many people that work for free, part time or full time.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1130894)   #70
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not saying they shouldn't get paid.

Anyway, technically it wouldn't be a job until you actually got paid for it, and how many Rugby players you know that don't get paid?

That is motorsport my friend, from F1 to Formula Ford and EVERYTHING in between, more often than not drivers trying to make a name for themselves have to pay to do it.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 02:09 (Ref:1131355)   #71
malarky
Racer

malarky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Larry licences went for $3 mill.

Gore reckons they'll appreciate. Larry reckons they'll head South, so he'll lease his from now on.

Not a bad little earner for LP who was handed the licences for free as part of being a founding member of V8 Supercars...

Gore clearly sees value in the V8's and it's associated support categories. He claimed in a recent interview that he wasn't really a motorsport fan and that this was simply a business decision.

Given his success in business in the past, I'd certainly suggest that in the wash up, I doubt he or WPS will 'lose' on the deal.

As for his $15mill investment? I'd suggest that's Gorey's outspoken style rather than a cry for help.

Plus a multi million dollar 'loss' won't hurt come tax time.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 03:48 (Ref:1131398)   #72
Heidi
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
Heidi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong and Besnard would be a good start for a Champcar outfit.

I'd like to see this happen, and Gore generally puts his money where his mouth is.

Have we got spyplanes working on this one?
Old 22 Oct 2004, 05:31 (Ref:1131449)   #73
malarky
Racer

malarky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong and Besnard in champ cars?

Talk about ****ing your money against the wall...

Last edited by malarky; 22 Oct 2004 at 05:31.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1131557)   #74
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How about the bill for today, with both WPS cars kissing crete?
Old 22 Oct 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1131560)   #75
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 1200Datto27
How about the bill for today, with both WPS cars kissing crete?
I guess the axe will be out again??

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!