Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Oct 2004, 08:41 (Ref:1131593)   #76
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won't have any drivers soon if he keeps going the way he is. He has certainly lost my support.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 09:18 (Ref:1131623)   #77
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pete I think I am leaning your way - not my kind of a boss.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 22 Oct 2004, 09:42 (Ref:1131627)   #78
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
depends on your view, if you stuff up in your work place you have to face the music, if these drivers are getting payed as much as the claims are ( accross the board) they should be accountable,just like a normal job.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 22 Oct 2004, 09:48 (Ref:1131632)   #79
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
malarky, you haven't seen Besnard race an openwheeler before?
Old 22 Oct 2004, 09:58 (Ref:1131649)   #80
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by blaarg
malarky, you haven't seen Besnard race an openwheeler before?
I seem to recall that he was very good in a konica car around the same time, oh how the mighty have fallen eh. Maybe he will return to top form, unlike he has been able to do in any way shape of form in the past 2 years. I suppose he could instantly cease to make stupid and ill planned errors over night simply by changing cars, or he could not. We will all be able to see in just a few days time. I am tipping an early exit, but I am happy to be proved wrong

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 22 Oct 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1131685)   #81
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Psst.

Besnard's profile can be found at http://racing.wps.net.au/?p=30
Old 22 Oct 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1131691)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah but see the team that prepare the cars arent at fault. In accordance with the prophesy.

That the 2 WPS cars are at the front of the field with the safety car, and confused with the fire truck at the rear of the field is not the fault of the team. In accordance with the prophesy.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Oct 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1131756)   #83
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If WPS haven't got 2 new Falcons for next year (or at least 2 better cars) they may as well pack up and forget all about it. I doubt any driver could get good results from the 2 current cars.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1131771)   #84
Growling Ferret
Racer

Growling Ferret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WPS = Which Panels Straight?
Old 22 Oct 2004, 21:29 (Ref:1132416)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
If WPS haven't got 2 new Falcons for next year (or at least 2 better cars) they may as well pack up and forget all about it. I doubt any driver could get good results from the 2 current cars.
Well its not the team's fault though... the drivers just done know how to drive the cars... in accordance with the prophesy.

Since I am not allowed to comment specifically on car performace, lets just say that 2 rookie-to-Supercar drivers will not achieve the goals required, especially when there is no 2003 data to overlay.

But lets get clear here, its not the team's fault. In accordance with the prophesy.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 11:11 (Ref:1132842)   #86
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This prophesy racket is just priceless
Old 23 Oct 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1132852)   #87
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
This prophesy racket is just priceless
Please Explain

Old 23 Oct 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1132859)   #88
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well all the press releases from this squad praise the crew preparing the car without fear or favour, while the drivers are thumped from pillar to post.

So this becomes the WPS prophesy... for no matter what happens on the track, it is always the drivers' fault, and not the team's...

Like the 2 cars qualifying down the back at Indy. Its not the crew's fault they dont have 2003 data for the track. The two rookie drivers, who are relative virgins to both Supercar and the Indy track, are supposed to use "The Force" to miraculously come up to the kind of speed Mr Ambrose manages out of the Pirtek car.

But its not the team's fault....

It would be interesting to understand some of the speed trap data at Sandown, Bathurst and Indy, and perhaps compare the 2 black and silver cars with any of the other Fords in the field...

... but that gets me back into the realm of it not being the driver's fault, and we cant have that now can we.

In accordance with the prophesy....
Old 23 Oct 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1132861)   #89
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with what you're on about David - except for your spelling of 'prophecy'.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 11:43 (Ref:1132865)   #90
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Apologies American spellchecks leave something to be desired
Old 24 Oct 2004, 05:45 (Ref:1133384)   #91
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Appropriate, given the "Support Class" at this round
Old 24 Oct 2004, 22:18 (Ref:1134309)   #92
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today's paper is quoting $10,000,000 for the 12 month sponsoring bill - hey whats 5 mill between friends???

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 22:24 (Ref:1134317)   #93
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
I am tipping an early exit, but I am happy to be proved wrong
Seems the lad came through, apart from a few spins etc he seemed to do very well, perhaps he should really try and get an open wheeler gig and leave these tin tops to others. maybe he is unable to adapt the style to them , I don't know. One thing is for sure, he would not have made it to the end in his maligned WPS Falcon