Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Oct 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1424482)   #1
Garry Holmes
Racer

Garry Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highlights

As a follow on from the biggest laff - what heve been your high points this year. One of mine was at Cadwell for the 750MC meeting a few weeks ago. The lead battle between the 2 caterhams on the Saturday, and the overtaking manouver around the outside going into Coppice (a big marimbas move) which lead to gasps then a cheer from the grandstand behind us at mountain bottom - shame the battle did'nt last all race. Also the Gold Cup, excellent meeting fantastic racing all through especially the TinTops - the Alfa and the Anglebox awsome.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1424634)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So far it's been the Shelsley centenary meeting, although there's still a possibility it may yet be eclipsed.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1424643)   #3
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, have to agree with Wolley, the Shelsley Centenary meeting.
Wonderful weather, wonderful company and above all, some wonderful cars. Seeing some of the former champions in their championship winning cars and other super cars made for 3 days of motorsport bliss. For one weekend, our very own Festival of Speed.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1424656)   #4
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My highlights have been seeing some fantastic marshalling with odds stacked against us in terms of numbers.

We've had some pretty hefty incidents and these were handled superbly by those that were working alongside me.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1424751)   #5
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SCSA last weekend at Rockingham - doing starter for the Pickups was the 'biggest rush' highlight.

Flying FBMWs at Redgate at Donington was the highlight incident

Silverstone 24hrs was the event highlight

Al
Old 5 Oct 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1424779)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
A1GP - top event!
Old 6 Oct 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1425076)   #7
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with EvilPumpkin - A1GP!
Fantastic to be at the inaugural round of what could shape up to be a brilliant new addition to the world motorsport calendar. Great to see the TGP cars rolled into the package as well, with some great Caterham and Ginetta racing, and some 'enthusiastic' racing from the GT250 races.
And BRSCC, MSV and BARC had obviously put some thought into the marshalling of the event, and appreciation for the marshals was shown accordingly.

A week earlier I would have said my first trip to the Goodwood Revival, but A1GP trumped it.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1425085)   #8
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood - Balders
Old 6 Oct 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1425147)   #9
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to be Shelsley Centenary for me
Old 6 Oct 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1425220)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Goodwood Revival meeting for me. Each year more and more spectators seem to get into the spirit of the event and come in period costume. Of course nothing can eclipse the great racing, great atmosphere and Ray Hannah in the Spitfire!
Old 6 Oct 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1425242)   #11
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Gurston August Meeting just pips Shelsley Centenary for me
Old 6 Oct 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1425302)   #12
Rich D
Racer

Canada
Acton, Ontario
Rich D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My long-distance trip to Brands for the HSCC meet. Great reception, good post, great racing. And it rained for the F1600's, which just goes to prove some rules are universal.... (Off to look at the pics of the Group C cars and the F5000's -- ahhhhh memories.....)
Old 6 Oct 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1425305)   #13
sinex
Rookie

United Kingdom
Eastleigh
sinex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Gurston August Meeting just pips Shelsley Centenary for me
I agree, great meeting, great BBQ, great entertainment afterwards, and great people!!!!

Look forwards to next years meet.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1425375)   #14
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ROCKINGHAM last weekend fantastic,SCSA and pickups, and very impressed with A1GP;
Old 6 Oct 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1425557)   #15
Crazy Marshal
Racer

England
Hartford, Cheshire
Crazy Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it was my first 2 visits to Anglesey, i had great weekends both times, and will definately be back for more next year!!
Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1425620)   #16
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMES at Silverstone.

24Hr at Silverstone.

WTCC at Silverstone.

BUT I don't like Silverstone!!!!!!!!!

My "highlights" are skewed because it is most definitely not the same when you are working inside race control. Just doing one day on the bank during a multi-day event makes all the difference!

Also made it to the Sunday of Shelsley Walsh centenary - never been before (and have subsequently discovered that I just contributed to the rescue fund rather than "buying a yard"-damn) but how perfect with the cars and the hot, sunny weather. Only downer was "too many b****y spectators! So glad I went, though (as a b****y spectator)!
Old 6 Oct 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1425646)   #17
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24hr on the full Nurburgring, over 200 entries, HUGE cloudburst on the assembly lap, lead changing multiple times, the Alzen bi-turbo911(a truly biblical motor) turning a kilometer of the track into England with multiple St George Crosses.

For sheer nail-biting tension getting within 5 mins of cancelling the Ardtun stage on the Tour of Mull, only brilliant Marshalling kept the stage going. Proof of the old rally marshals maxim, "its the ones that go wrong you talk about in the Bar for years afterwards"
Old 6 Oct 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1425697)   #18
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 highlights for me (2 of them Formula Fords!):

1. MSV FFs - Oulton Park - Peter Dempsey overtaking for the lead, around the outside of the first part of the Knickerbrook chicane, on the damp line. Truly sensational!

2. NWFFs - Anglesey - Richard Tannahill overtaking for the lead, round the outside of School (the first corner). Another very impressive move.

3. A1 GP - not just for the atmosphere, fabulous cars & racing, but for the marshals instructions sent with tickets, the free brekkies, lunches provided, etc, etc. We were made to feel welcome & wanted. Just to show it can be done!
Old 6 Oct 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1425698)   #19
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you Ian on the 'Ring. Especially as I opted to man the phone and was under cover watching you guys get wet. I learnt from '04!

Other than that I would say the A1GP. But reading Autosport I think I'm going to have trouble picking a high point next year. DTM, WTCC et al coming to Brands. Roll on March!
Old 7 Oct 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1426109)   #20
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the problems, LMES @ Silverstone. It was my first experience of Le Mans style prototypes and of night racing, and not one i'll forget in a hurry. Watching the McNish Audi cut through the traffic lap after lap was awesome.

The other one has to be the Gold Cup. My only visit to the pitlane this year, but a truly fantastic weekend and much fun was had by all, which is what this game is all about...
Old 7 Oct 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1426116)   #21
Rob M
Rookie

England
Rob M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 highlights for me :~

1. F1 GP - The first time I've ever seen F1 live - never mind marshalled it. Then there's the social side after the days events!!!!!! All in all, an experience I won't forget for a long time.

2. A1 GP - A fantastic weekend, great racing, fantastic cars, accessibility of the teams in the pit lane, made to feel welcome and appreciated by both the regular Brands Hatch marshals and organisers alike. What more could you ask for??
Old 7 Oct 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1426634)   #22
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just thought of something else.

That Mercedes (No 63) at the 24 Hrs. Class of its own or what!