Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 24 Feb 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2639691)   #26
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
No, I mean Servoz-Gavin
Expert insight from beyond the grave. Woooooh!
Old 24 Feb 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2640078)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't wait for Teds analysis.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2644779)   #28
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johnny Herbert would be a good replacement for when Ant can't make it
Old 4 Mar 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2644866)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
OK, this looks much more positive
Hasn't been too much of this from what i've seen.

Selby
Old 4 Mar 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2644884)   #30
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we find out soon about the replacement as it is almost time for the 1st BBC race of the year next weekend and i will keep you updated
Old 4 Mar 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2644928)   #31
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

The team is back

No season preview but "tonnes" of videos to come on the website this week, according to Jake. The photo above was taken during/after filming a feature
Old 4 Mar 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2645001)   #32
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should be glad with the BBC, here in Holland we have some people who are beyond there expiration date and still doing the same thing year after year. They also think they are making a program for people with less than two braincells... I am still very happy that BBC broadcasts F1 now (I can't receive ITV here in Holland) and the quality is still way better than their dutch equivalent. Is Martin Brundle still doing the gridwalk this year?
Old 4 Mar 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2645006)   #33
skells22
Veteran

i think you find that out around about 11.50am next weekend
Old 4 Mar 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2645036)   #34
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey WapFlap, Its WoodyF1 here of BestF1 chat.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 6 Mar 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2646027)   #35
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to the listings, Malaysia starts on BBC One and finishes on BBC Two. If true that's a bit stupid...and worrying. F1 getting shafted for the religious types...
Old 6 Mar 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2646070)   #36
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely Mr Ratzinger has enough money to do what NASCAR do and pump his stuff out on Open Access 3? At least the motor racing will be real ...
Old 6 Mar 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2646075)   #37
skells22
Veteran

it is Easter day that day. i think you might need to ask BBC nearing the time what the hell is thier plans for that weekend, i know there is also football that needs to be shown.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2646099)   #38
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why not just put the whole Malaysia race on BBC2? I dread to imagine whether the Sky+ boxes and similar will cope with it.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2646110)   #39
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide View Post
Why not just put the whole Malaysia race on BBC2? I dread to imagine whether the Sky+ boxes and similar will cope with it.
Why couldn't they put the whole Malaysia race on BBC1, and put the Easter Service on BBC2? DVRs won't cope.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2646133)   #40
skells22
Veteran

er. you might be forgoting that it is also kids might like to watch thier programs as it is also full term for them meaning BBC might be in a no win headache when it comes to the April 4 race
Old 6 Mar 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2646162)   #41
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
To be honest, I find this whole "We apologise for any inconvenience, but we will now be switching the sports programme you are currently watching on BBC1 to BBC2 so that the normal BBC1 programs can be shown" malarkey rather silly, especially in this day and age.
be it Wimbledon, or the Grand Prix. (I refuse to watch that nonsense where 22 grown men chse a bag of wind around a big lawn with white lines painted on it!).
OK, I admit that I am old enough to remember when not everyone had (or could receive) BBC2, but that is no-longer the case. With the onset of nationwide (without Frank Bough or Michael Barret) digital TV coverage, every house should be able to receive all 8 or 9 (or however many) BBC channels there are, so their 'usual' programs (usually The News types of programme that no-one would want to record anyway!) could be shifted to one of those instead, allowing the sports programme to continue uninterrupted.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2646248)   #42
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

It depends what you count as a BBC channel. BBC1 and BBC2 can broadcast all day long, as can the news channel and BBC Parliament. BBC3 and BBC4 share time with CBBC and CBeebies respectively - that's why sprogvision goes off the air at 7pm and BBC3 and BBC4 start then. There is a case to say that they are two channels rather than four. There's then BBC Alba, which you can get on satellite, but nowhere on Freeview (not even in Scotland), and isn't totally run by the BBC. There's also BBC HD, which shows the same thing as one of the other ones, in HD. Then there's the red button streams - one on Freeview, six on satellite and cable.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic

I have to agree there, especially when the religious programming could easily go to BBC2.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2646557)   #43
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not religious, but it has to be remembered that it is Easter Sunday, and this is a holy day for Christians, many will tune in to watch mass and stuff. As we are a predominantly Christian country it is right that this is given priority over sport by the BBC.

But why not show the race on BBC2??
Old 7 Mar 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2646572)   #44
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza7 View Post
I'm not religious, but it has to be remembered that it is Easter Sunday, and this is a holy day for Christians, many will tune in to watch mass and stuff. As we are a predominantly Christian country it is right that this is given priority over sport by the BBC.
Not when the viewing figures are much lower

The BBC should show what gets the most viewing figures. Plus, without wanting to get into a religious debate, I'm an athiest and strongly contest that this is a predominantly Christian country and strongly contest why the faith stuff should be on the main channel. So why not show the religious stuff they probably recorded in October on BBC Two?

I record all the races on Sky+ so I can DVD them after. This just makes things awkward. I know that they're not going to be taking decisions based on a small minority who Sky+ the races (although not as small as you think) but the point is why bother switching in the first place? They don't need to

Last edited by jab; 7 Mar 2010 at 11:52.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2646850)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The BBC should show what gets the most viewing figures.
God, I hope this never happens. Move over Grand Prix, some popularist pants is on. The BBC remit should be, and is, more than just chasing ratings.

The moving channels is silly, I agree.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2646950)   #46
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But how hard is it just to change channels? ITV had adverts every 2 minutes where we saw nothing.

Having to change channels once during a season (which is probably all it will be) is hardly back breaking is it

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 7 Mar 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2647014)   #47
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza7 View Post
Off topic comment alert

I don't think it is necessarily accurate to say that Britain is a predominantly Christian country, bearing in mind that according to the most recent data 46% of people are of no religion. Also, according to the same set of statistics, only 9% of the UK population are Catholics. It's not as if the BBC give other religions their own uncontested airtime on BBC1, either.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 7 Mar 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2647028)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic comment alert

The level of religious programming is defined for the beeb in its charter. They actually broadcast more than required and do span the different religions. Both with regular programmes and with documentaries. Obviously there is a little more Christian programming.

Anyway, James you are right, changing channels is not beyond the wit of man. It is a little silly though.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2647057)   #49
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Off topic comment alert

The level of religious programming is defined for the beeb in its charter. They actually broadcast more than required and do span the different religions. Both with regular programmes and with documentaries. Obviously there is a little more Christian programming.

Off topic comment alert

Of course it is defined in its charter. The Big Questions, for example, is a reasonably good programme, albeit with some shortcomings. The things that irk me is when they give certain religions the religious equivalent of a Party Political Broadcast - things like Songs of Praise. Thought For The Day would be better if they were to add some non-religious voices to the rotation and possibly reduce some of the Christian over-representation.

Old 8 Mar 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2647347)   #50
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone View Post
But how hard is it just to change channels? ITV had adverts every 2 minutes where we saw nothing.

Having to change channels once during a season (which is probably all it will be) is hardly back breaking is it
Sky+

Anyway, some good preview stuff has gone up on the BBC website today - round table discussion with Humphrey, Legard, Brundle, EJ and DC. It's a good laugh - 45 minutes worth too so no complaining from me

Looks like the big push starts today