Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 5 Jul 2019, 08:04 (Ref:3915991)   #151
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
VW ID 3

Old 8 Jul 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3916520)   #152
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2020 Toyota Yaris

Old 9 Jul 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3916643)   #153
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Mk8 Golf GTI

Old 29 Jul 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3920238)   #154
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Audi A1 Citycarver

'Based on the standard A1 Sportback, the Citycarver receives roughly 2in of additional ground clearance with the addition of larger wheels and an upgraded suspension set-up. However, it is positioned as a more city-focused ‘urban crossover’ than the brand’s fully-fledged Allroad models.'

'The Citycarver can be equipped with two petrol engines taken from the A1 line-up: the 114bhp 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged 30 TFSI engine, or the larger 148bhp 1.5-litre 35 TFSI. '

Old 29 Jul 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3920282)   #155
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Citycarver? That's almost as bad a name as the Rover Streetwise.
Old 29 Jul 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3920295)   #156
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Citycarver? That's almost as bad a name as the Rover Streetwise.
I expect the 'C' might be pronounced as a 'Sh' by many......
Old 29 Jul 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3920300)   #157
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Audi A1 Citycarver

[I]'Based on the standard A1 Sportback, the Citycarver receives roughly 2in of additional ground clearance with the addition of larger wheels and an upgraded suspension set-up. However, it is positioned as a more city-focused ‘urban crossover’ than the brand’s fully-fledged Allroad models.'
Just what's needed in a city - even bigger cars. And just what on earth does the bit I've highlighted actually mean?
Old 30 Jul 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3920355)   #158
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
And just what on earth does the bit I've highlighted actually mean?
Paint designed to withstand pigeon-poo as opposed to seagull-poo?
Suspension designed to withstand pot-holes as opposed to stones?
Body protection designed to withstand supermarket trolleys rather than logs?

Or, tyres and wheels that are thinner to reduce rolling resistance, rather than to give grip.......
Old 30 Jul 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3920442)   #159
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Times have changed. Black bumpers are now a luxury.
Old 31 Jul 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3920540)   #160
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Paint designed to withstand pigeon-poo as opposed to seagull-poo?
Suspension designed to withstand pot-holes as opposed to stones?
Body protection designed to withstand supermarket trolleys rather than logs?

Or, tyres and wheels that are thinner to reduce rolling resistance, rather than to give grip.......
That was my first thought there, extra 2" for pothole and speed bump (sleeping policeman) clearance. Or for those idiots who can't reverse, park, understand curb height, etc and keeps the front valence and doors above the curbs?

And is anything funnier than the i3's wheels that look like they robbed a beach cruiser bicycle? Can't help but wonder how many accidents no grip in the rain, without proper training and slowing for conditions like I see so often, these low resistance tires will be partly to blame.

Now the body panel protection I have seen on US cars in the past, and wasn't a bad idea. However, they closed down Saturn and few took on the plastics in manufacturing. And the old school door trim strips mess with the design "features" and creases so of course they have to go. And bird dirt resistant paint, along with honey dew and scale dripping, would be GREAT and worth its weight in gold.
Old 31 Jul 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3920568)   #161
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And is anything funnier than the i3's wheels that look like they robbed a beach cruiser bicycle? Can't help but wonder how many accidents no grip in the rain, without proper training and slowing for conditions like I see so often, these low resistance tires will be partly to blame.
I think even BMW realise they were too extreme aesthetically, hence the later S version having wider wheels / tyres and rear track, but at the expense of battery range..... I’ve been driving one for over two years in all weathers including snow and ice without problem, and I’d say that the tyres perform just as well as those on any normal hatch with 16” wheels and higher profile but wider tyres. (The 19” tyres on the i3 have the same footprint as a Mini One on 16”-ers, apparently.) The handling of the BMW is dominated by the rear PU and resultant rear weight bias, which leads to increasing understeer if you push too hard. It does offer a lot of fun and plenty of lateral grip if you keep within sensible boundaries!
Old 1 Aug 2019, 02:07 (Ref:3920610)   #162
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I think even BMW realise they were too extreme aesthetically, hence the later S version having wider wheels / tyres and rear track, but at the expense of battery range..... I’ve been driving one for over two years in all weathers including snow and ice without problem, and I’d say that the tyres perform just as well as those on any normal hatch with 16” wheels and higher profile but wider tyres. (The 19” tyres on the i3 have the same footprint as a Mini One on 16”-ers, apparently.) The handling of the BMW is dominated by the rear PU and resultant rear weight bias, which leads to increasing understeer if you push too hard. It does offer a lot of fun and plenty of lateral grip if you keep within sensible boundaries!
You should do better with a narrow tyre in the rain, higher contact pressure and less water to pump out from under the tread.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 02:14 (Ref:3920611)   #163
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Just what's needed in a city - even bigger cars. And just what on earth does the bit I've highlighted actually mean?
Looks like a 4 wheel drive with off road capabilities and a price to match, but don't even think of taking it off road because it will die immediately!
Old 1 Aug 2019, 05:15 (Ref:3920616)   #164
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
You should do better with a narrow tyre in the rain, higher contact pressure and less water to pump out from under the tread.
That is an advantage of a narrower bigger diameter tyre. I’ve never had concern over aquaplaning, which was an issue with my previous diesel fwd car!

All academic as BMW have reiterated in the media that the i3 is very unlikely to be replaced by a similar model when it’s production cycle comes to an end in a couple of years. BEVs becoming mainstream- so forget advanced carbon fibre, aluminium and magnesium structure, welcome steel and increased weight.....
Old 1 Aug 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3920633)   #165
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That is an advantage of a narrower bigger diameter tyre. I’ve never had concern over aquaplaning, which was an issue with my previous diesel fwd car!
I remember being at a meeting at Lydden back in the late 60s when there was an amazing downpour. Most of the cars parked on the bank got stuck and had to be towed out by the old tractor but we were in my mates old Ford Pop with skinny 19in tyres. We drove up and down the bank much to the amazement of people in their E Types etc
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Aug 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3920676)   #166
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
One reason why E93As did (and still do) well in trials competitions!
Old 29 Aug 2019, 08:55 (Ref:3924600)   #167
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
VW Golf Mk.8

'"The new Golf will be everything people loved for years, but now made digital," he said. "People want a Golf – it's iconic – but now there's a huge leap forward in the digitisation inside it. It's still a Golf, but now digital. It's kept what people have loved and moved it to the next phase."

Stackmann also confirmed there will be no e-Golf in the next generation to avoid overlap with the ID hatch and the range will instead "end with the GTE" in terms of electrification, with all future electric VWs based on the firm's dedicated electric platform.'

Old 29 Aug 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3924721)   #168
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What makes it digital?
Old 2 Sep 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3925354)   #169
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Fiat Centoventi

Old 2 Sep 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3925438)   #170
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fiat Centoventi

That's got to be an artists rendering - surely thay can't let something that ugly onto the streets. It looks like the result of a drunken night of passion between a Citroen DS3 and a Nissan Cube - and not in a good way!
Old 2 Sep 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3925444)   #171
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's got to be an artists rendering - surely thay can't let something that ugly onto the streets. It looks like the result of a drunken night of passion between a Citroen DS3 and a Nissan Cube - and not in a good way!
My thoughts as well! I would hate to wake up every day to that in my driveway.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3925453)   #172
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think it may have been more of a drunken threesome, as there is definitely some Suzuki Swift going on there too.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3925457)   #173
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
That's got to be an artists rendering
Old 3 Sep 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3925549)   #174
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It’s a concept for an EV.......

Talking of EVs, this deserves a place on the thread more than many I’ve seen....

https://mynobe.com/
Old 3 Sep 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3925554)   #175
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Talking of EVs, this deserves a place on the thread more than many I’ve seen....

https://mynobe.com/
I would happily have one of them.(esp the GT!) I Think they look great. Very classic.

€40,000 is a bit rich though....

Last edited by E.B; 3 Sep 2019 at 10:32.