Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Aug 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3921648)   #301
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I was wondering if this would happen. I'm glad it has.

Care to comment crmalcolm, akrapovic,

I am however a fan of Turkington. Don't know why, I have no logical reason, but I am. And I also think Turks should have been given a penalty for the nerf of Tingram into T2. He moved a car out of the way to take the lead. I don't buy the "Toyota was slow" comment, because i was in a braking zone, not a straight. The only logical reason I can see for no penalty on that one is there was no repeat offense. Unlike someone else...
Tingram said in his post race interview that he had a loss of power. Jordan was in a position that he was able to go left and round the outside. Turkington was directly behind Tingram (who was struggling to accelerate) with nowhere to go and as a result hit him. It was not a deliberate push to pass.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3921649)   #302
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Tingram said in his post race interview that he had a loss of power. Jordan was in a position that he was able to go left and round the outside. Turkington was directly behind Tingram (who was struggling to accelerate) with nowhere to go and as a result hit him. It was not a deliberate push to pass.
From Tingram I'm willing to accept that.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3921652)   #303
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The Astra certainly doesn’t look the most aerodynamic car out there. The 1 series also struggled in a straight line, could it be a similar trait with the Astra?
Old 6 Aug 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3921654)   #304
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The Astra certainly doesn’t look the most aerodynamic car out there. The 1 series also struggled in a straight line, could it be a similar trait with the Astra?
Compared to below, the Astra is 0.272.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not a perfect measure, but a good indication of cleanness through the air of the base models can be derived from the coefficient of drag and frontal area figures:

ModelCdArea m^2CdA
G20 3-Series0.232.220.51
Q500.26N/KN/K
Civic FK80.26N/KN/K
Civic FK20.27N/KN/K
A-Class0.282.20.62
Avensis0.28N/KN/K
VW CC0.3N/KN/K
A40.312.20.68
Giulietta0.31N/KN/K
F20 1-Series0.322.140.68
Giulia0.32N/KN/K
Corolla0.32N/KN/K
S30.342.130.72
Focus RS0.36N/KN/K
Old 6 Aug 2019, 11:49 (Ref:3921658)   #305
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Compared to below, the Astra is 0.272.
Ah ok. Surprising that the CC is so far down considering it had a reputation for being quite "slippery" in a straight line.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3921660)   #306
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Plato View Post
Unfortunately for me there are some people on this forum that are ‘obsessively active’ shall we say, in their online criticism of me! Which is fine, I certainly won’t loose sleep, we all have our fav drivers and teams and also the inverse. What amuses me is that these folk do not listen to both sides as rational people, they have their opinion and will not listen and/or accept what ever is presented to them unless it fits with their own opinion or agenda. it’s a bit like the Brexit debate.... so many people these days won’t accept facts from people that are much more qualified than they are if those facts don’t fit with their chosen narrative or position! Huh, nowt as funny as folk I guess. Care to comment crmalcolm, akrapovic, s Griffin, PORSCHE 962fan to name but a few. Better still, why not come to a race as my guests, you never know, you might actually learn something.. Drop me a tweet if you want to look at facts! Or not if you don’t. Nite nite x
Well keep up the action Jason, i have been watching BTCC for many years and have a been a fan of your style of driving for years, the people who moan all the time probably never go to a race and actually watch racing, i look forward to seeing you at brands later this year and will shake your hand if i see you to thank you for many years of entertainment.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3921672)   #307
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I certainly won’t loose sleep,
Has nobody warned you - you need to be careful slipping in a double letter around here. Some people might not be able to understand your post!
Old 6 Aug 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3921681)   #308
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like my sleep tight. Don’t like loose sleep.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3921689)   #309
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well keep up the action Jason, i have been watching BTCC for many years and have a been a fan of your style of driving for years, the people who moan all the time probably never go to a race and actually watch racing, i look forward to seeing you at brands later this year and will shake your hand if i see you to thank you for many years of entertainment.
I'd have said people that actually go and watch racing (particularly those that watch club level racing) would be more likely to be critical of Jason's style - it's the armchair BTCC only fans that seem to be most annoyed about the penalties Jason received.

The reason I'm not a fan of Jason is that his overtakes are too often "push to pass" for my tastes, it's supposed to be non-contact. I can accept that "rubbing is racing" and some contact is inevitable given how tight things are in the BTTC but consistently punting people out of the way really isn't on. After the Snetterton meeting Jason suggested that "a slap on the wrist and a warning" should have been enough - but he's had plenty of those over the years and they've clearly made no difference. It's all the more frustrating as Jason's pace isn't in question, he's always been there or thereabouts in terms of pace (Subaru excepted) it's the apparent inability to pass other quick drivers cleanly that irks me.

I fully expect Jason to not give a flying toss about my opinion of him (and why would he?) but credit where it's due for posting on here
Old 6 Aug 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3921703)   #310
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember him racing wheel to wheel for whole races with zero contact but people never seem to remember those ones. Every race there are people getting penalties for contact but again people only seem to comment when it's Neal or Plato. I don't recall Plato getting any other penalties this year?
Old 6 Aug 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3921707)   #311
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Better still, why not come to a race as my guests, you never know, you might actually learn something.. Drop me a tweet if you want to look at facts! Or not if you don’t. Nite nite x
I’ve been a critic of yours in the past and I’m sure this is an idle threat, I’d be delighted to have a free day out though...
Old 6 Aug 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3921708)   #312
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I remember him racing wheel to wheel for whole races with zero contact but people never seem to remember those ones. Every race there are people getting penalties for contact but again people only seem to comment when it's Neal or Plato. I don't recall Plato getting any other penalties this year?
Correct. Here's the list as lifted from TSL's result sheets:

Brands Indy - Chilton 5s penalty
Donington - none
Thruxton - Chilton 30s penalty
Croft - Jelley 0.6s penalty
Oulton - Cook 5 place grid penalty, Sutton 5 place grid penalty, Proctor DQ, Smiley 5 place grid penalty, Hill 20s penalty
Snetterton - Ingram 6.7s penalty, Plato 5s + 10s penalty

So - perhaps not as many as you might think!
Old 6 Aug 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3921712)   #313
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Correct. Here's the list as lifted from TSL's result sheets:

Brands Indy - Chilton 5s penalty
Donington - none
Thruxton - Chilton 30s penalty
Croft - Jelley 0.6s penalty
Oulton - Cook 5 place grid penalty, Sutton 5 place grid penalty, Proctor DQ, Smiley 5 place grid penalty, Hill 20s penalty
Snetterton - Ingram 6.7s penalty, Plato 5s + 10s penalty

So - perhaps not as many as you might think!

Well certainly there have been a few others that were penalised with fines/penalty points rather than time

Of course we don’t a bit of door handle rubbing. After all, who didn’t enjoy Villeneuve and Arnoux banging wheels at Dijon in F1 cars. However I don’t like seeing the push to pass happen in circuit racing, anymore than I like seeing a footballer dive in the box. For me pushing someone out the way is not only unsporting, but requires no skill, unlike a great overtaking move and sets a bad example to those coming. For me it’s right the stewards are cracking down on this, as heaven forbid we have anymore incidents like Hill/Neal at Oulton Park
Old 6 Aug 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3921732)   #314
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Has nobody warned you - you need to be careful slipping in a double letter around here. Some people might not be able to understand your post!

HAHA!...Given the context, this is probably best post in the entire forum!
Surprising the big boys with a dictionary and a keyboard didnt pick up on a racing legend on a typo as quick as they did a random poster they could make feel small.

I havent actually seen Race 3 yet, to be honest, I found the first 2 races so dull I turned over, ill catch up with the highlights before giving my opinions.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3921779)   #315
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
It was loose sheep. Not lose sleep. Wasn't it?
Old 7 Aug 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3921780)   #316
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I havent actually seen Race 3 yet, to be honest, I found the first 2 races so dull I turned over, ill catch up with the highlights before giving my opinions.
The first two races were very dull. The only excitement was Tom Ingrams cat going Pete Tong.

Race 3 was much more interesting. Stuff happened. Lots of people sulked. As it happens the NASCAR meet at Watkins Glen had quite a bit of argy bargy; enough to make the JP/ Sutton look like no more than a couple of kids in a playground calling each other names. I have no doubt that certain drivers in NASCAR are going to find themselves paid back with a solid slam into a concrete wall in the coming weeks. Yes, Bubba Wallace, you. A driver way out of his depth.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3921782)   #317
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It was loose sheep. Not lose sleep. Wasn't it?
Old 7 Aug 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3921783)   #318
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The only excitement was Tom Ingrams cat going Pete Tong.

*easy typo to make, I think we all understand what you mean *
Old 7 Aug 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3921793)   #319
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Tingram looked perfectly confortable even on the straights with TOCA engine even if chased by a Honda and the notoriously fast in straight line Ford , to the point that he wasn't really under threat at the end of the straight , he didn't even need to defend the corner most of the time and that Toyota is also a hatchback
I occasionally help out with a guy in club racing who has the same issue of lack of engine power compared to others but no-one believes him either.

Out in front of his class he pulls away and gets a big lead to the extent that some think he's cheating. If he can't get a clean lap in quali or has a problem and ends up further back than his actual pace would dictate then he gets stuck as the car loses a car length or two on every straight compared to the others but it/he is far faster in the corners.

There's no way to overtake when you're that far behind in the braking zones and, although he closes the gap up through the corner phase and battles for the position on the exit it extends out again as soon as the power kicks in.

I don't think the "problem" is so big in BTCC but even half a car gap can have the same effect.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3921795)   #320
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
HAHA!...Given the context, this is probably best post in the entire forum!
Surprising the big boys with a dictionary and a keyboard didnt pick up on a racing legend on a typo as quick as they did a random poster they could make feel small.
Decorators have finished then?
Old 7 Aug 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3921805)   #321
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Decorators have finished then?
You need to be more consistent in your marking if you really want to be the forums resident English teacher, you cant just ignore such a glaring error because its come from an honor student who popped by. Ofsted will have a field day! People come here to learn how to spell correctly, not talk about motorsport after all
Old 7 Aug 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3921810)   #322
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Care to comment crmalcolm, akrapovic, s Griffin, PORSCHE 962fan to name but a few. Better still, why not come to a race as my guests, you never know, you might actually learn something.. x
Have i missed something? I admit I still haven't seen the highlights of Race 3 but it does sound pretty good, but is there now a tentenths crew competition where if we come on here and knock a racing driver we can get hospitality tickets to the next round or something?
Old 7 Aug 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3921834)   #323
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
You need to be more consistent in your marking if you really want to be the forums resident English teacher, you cant just ignore such a glaring error because its come from an honor student who popped by. Ofsted will have a field day! People come here to learn how to spell correctly, not talk about motorsport after all
Decorators haven't finished yet then.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3921836)   #324
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Have i missed something? I admit I still haven't seen the highlights of Race 3 but it does sound pretty good, but is there now a tentenths crew competition where if we come on here and knock a racing driver we can get hospitality tickets to the next round or something?
Yeah basically. JPs inviting us round to see it like it is. Rubbing is racing.

If I say Sutton was a bit silly then I'll get shot at again too. If nothing else it showed JP is hungry to win and still can peddle. I reckon he's going to be going round in circles for a good few more years yet...
Old 7 Aug 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3921837)   #325
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...and Warren Scott best order some more back bumpers before Scoobaru stop making grovels. Maybe they already stopped making grovels? Nobody would know. Or care.