Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 2 Nov 2007, 10:12 (Ref:2057583)   #51
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
These long gaps can't be good for the series.
OK, losing the mysterious "Round 3" hasn't helped, but there was going to a decent gap anyway.

People who might have seen the first race or two may have decided it was quite fun, but will have forgotten about it by the time Sepang [u[eventually[/u] comes around.
I think it's more like waiting for the season to begin again then waiting for a new round...
Old 2 Nov 2007, 10:23 (Ref:2057590)   #52
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ain't that the truth Asp. Has the A1GP season started....?
Old 3 Nov 2007, 03:33 (Ref:2058383)   #53
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Ain't that the truth Asp. Has the A1GP season started....?
Hahhhaaaa you had me going there for a second
Old 4 Nov 2007, 06:02 (Ref:2059069)   #54
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sentul to come back from the dark side and an Indian round to make a nice two week break between each race next year would be nice.
Old 6 Nov 2007, 12:50 (Ref:2061138)   #55
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I meet up with Bob McMurray (Team NZ) on the weekend at Pukekohe (NZ race track). We had a discussion on Bruno and he was telling me about the drama in the pits with the tire changer R2. I had read of the incident but didn't realize just how close it was and how it could have all ended in tears.

As the story was told to me (or what I heard anyway)
The gun literality fell to bits on the right front mechanic and Jonny was on his way down pit lane. The mechanic ran over to the German team and grabbed their gun still attached. If Jonny was 100mm short in pit box the mechanic would not have been able to change the tire.

To that mechanic I solute you for your fast thinking and some slick moves, and of cause to Jonny for hitting the mark. Well done guys

Last edited by NAC; 6 Nov 2007 at 12:52.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 14:57 (Ref:2067353)   #56
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
I meet up with Bob McMurray (Team NZ) on the weekend at Pukekohe (NZ race track). We had a discussion on Bruno and he was telling me about the drama in the pits with the tire changer R2. I had read of the incident but didn't realize just how close it was and how it could have all ended in tears.

As the story was told to me (or what I heard anyway)
The gun literality fell to bits on the right front mechanic and Jonny was on his way down pit lane. The mechanic ran over to the German team and grabbed their gun still attached. If Jonny was 100mm short in pit box the mechanic would not have been able to change the tire.

To that mechanic I solute you for your fast thinking and some slick moves, and of cause to Jonny for hitting the mark. Well done guys
Starting p7, the team won the race on the pits, indeed. wonderful job.