Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:47 (Ref:1930111)   #26
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Really great coverage last year. Still watching the 2006 tapes..

..and Martin...please do not forget to extend your deal with the ACO for another 10 years..
Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:48 (Ref:1930112)   #27
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Every 3 hours Martin? I have somewhere around here some 5 hour tapes, think I might well stick them on long play and get a full 10 hours. I've got out of the habit of recording every Le Mans race these last couple of years thanks to Sky+ but I think this year I'm going to stick the race onto tape again too.
5-hour tapes... imagine that... just as VHS is completely dying...
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1930117)   #28
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i'm currently struggling to imagine this sort of banter between James Allen and the posters on the F1 forum....

Not sure the F1 forum posters are as nice and polite as ten tenths posters...

after all, the like F1 !!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:08 (Ref:1930121)   #29
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Must admit, come the Monday morning after the race I'll be itching to get home to watch the entire Motors TV coverage safely recorded on my little V+ Box. I reckon I've finally found a way to beat the annual post Le Mans blues (oh, the wonders of modern technology)!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1930124)   #30
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
No offense intended, of course...
Are you going to be up all night, putting a new tape in every 3 hours, or do you have long play and thus 6 hours rest??
No offence taken!

I haven't quite decided on my strategy for the race yet, the tapes I've bought are 4 hours ones so 8 hours on long play. I did think about getting Sky+ but don't want them to mess my system up before the race so will get it sorted for next year. Plus it will also depend on how well my favourite car is doing!

Hope the weather is nice and we get to see you guys showing off your tans in shorts.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1930132)   #31
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7
Hope the weather is nice and we get to see you guys showing off your tans in shorts.
Judging by the most recent weather predictions, any 'showing off' the guys do will be more reminiscent of a 'Wet T-Shirt Contest'!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1930141)   #32
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite correct - luckily on Motors, we never have to leave to join the tennis/cycling/volleyball live...
Or worse still, miss both the start AND the finish by being on an advert break, just as Bravo 2 did with the Spa 24 Hours last year
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:32 (Ref:1930144)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeone
Or worse still, miss both the start AND the finish by being on an advert break, just as Bravo 2 did with the Spa 24 Hours last year
Erm, Valencia........?
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1930154)   #34
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Erm, Valencia........?
Oh dear. Must do better.

Didn't realise that happened, was at Silverstone FIA-GTs instead.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1930228)   #35
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent news, I'll get some beer in. Hope somebody's (yours, Martin?) throat isn't as sore as last year. My eyes were watering in sympathy by the end of the coverage.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1930251)   #36
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin, do you guys sleep in the booth and wear astronaut nappies for these epic commentary sessions?
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:29 (Ref:1930264)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Judging by the most recent weather predictions, any 'showing off' the guys do will be more reminiscent of a 'Wet T-Shirt Contest'!

Wet t-shirt as in Hawaiian tropic ?!?!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1930289)   #38
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Wet t-shirt as in Hawaiian tropic ?!?!
More like Peter Kay in those "Great Bombing" John Smiths adverts...
Old 6 Jun 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1930423)   #39
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Tapes? I ended that this year, that reminds me, I I BELIEVE my MCE is set to record Speed's coverage along with the 2 hours of Radio Le Mans whilst everybody eats and sleeps for that time.

I still haven't quite figured out how to tape it all while in Europe (in Norway currently), but I have a few days to go I guess.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 19:39 (Ref:1930582)   #40
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
More like Peter Kay in those "Great Bombing" John Smiths adverts...
Ahhhh.... I see you've met some of us before then?
Old 6 Jun 2007, 21:59 (Ref:1930690)   #41
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite correct - luckily on Motors, we never have to leave to join the tennis/cycling/volleyball live...
Too true! But please enlighten me, what is that horrible thing that Carlton (?) have commentated on Eurosport 2 - the obstacle course where asian families compete against each other? And what could possibly have motivated Eurosport to broadcast this?
Old 6 Jun 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1930705)   #42
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
SpeedTV will show a little bit of Le Mans, definitly not 50 hrs

* SCHEDULE - All Times Eastern & Subject To Change

The Start
Sat, Jun 16 8:30AM (LIVE)

Sat, Jun 16 5:30PM (LIVE)
Night Into Day
Sat, Jun 16 8:00PM (LIVE)
Day Racing
Sat, Jun 16 12:00AM (LIVE)
The Finish
Sun, Jun 17 6:00AM (LIVE)
Old 6 Jun 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1930712)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Tony not with you again this year? I wanted to cheer on the "Pescalairo's".

Looking forward to this, Motors may have lost pretty much everything they covered, but they do a 10/10 job for Le Mans. The whole thing is done beautifully and I'll be there for the full duration (provided I don't succumb to the ridiculous heat that pours out of my stupid television).

Are you doing the full 24 shift as promised Martin?
Old 7 Jun 2007, 22:44 (Ref:1931785)   #44
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony de la Hunte (that's his name, right?) was a LEGEND last year! Completely mental and so very loud!!! Kept us awake, anyways...

Martin - do you go for the Red Bull or Pro Plus?
Old 8 Jun 2007, 05:44 (Ref:1931915)   #45
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mark Cole, Carlton Kirby and myself will be joined by Neville Hay in the booth,
Martin, please pass on if you can a hello to Neville Hay (and maybe his son Richard too) from some of the race fans in Australia who will remember Neville from his trips to Bathurst in the late-80s to help commentate for Channel 7 on the Bathurst 1000 touring car race. It's wonderful to see him still involved, and best of luck with the race call.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:31 (Ref:1932708)   #46
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin, you might wish to get a few digs into your coverage about the Radio Le Mans guys (especially Hindy) as they were having quite a laugh at your expense during the Nurburgring coverage tonight!
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1932714)   #47
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Yes, we're back...

Mark Cole, Carlton Kirby and myself will be joined by Neville Hay in the booth,
It's great to see such a familiar name there...as I read 'Neville Hay....' the phrase '...at Westfield' immediately came to mind.....

Old 11 Jun 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1933931)   #48
balootbear
Rookie

balootbear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HI
has anyone got any images of the lovely diana binks ?????
Please help
Old 11 Jun 2007, 15:35 (Ref:1934111)   #49
PeterM
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
PeterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neville was commentating yesterday at the Ferrari Race Days at Silverstone. Obviously getting in some practice and reminiscing with Ian Titchmarsh.

Interesting day with 42 F40s in a parade and over 500 ferraris from a 166 Barchetta up to current 599 and 612, and everything in between.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1934752)   #50
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by balootbear
HI
has anyone got any images of the lovely diana binks ?????
Please help

http://www.blackburnsachsassociates....p?ClientID=127