Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3131528)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Black flag/red flag

Hiya guys and girls, quick question. While watching some racing footage of British F3 in the 1989 season, there were a few race stoppages and the black flag was the flag shown to stop the race. Being a 1985 child with motorsporty parents, I'd watch the racing but not understand the flag rules until I was something like 8 or 9, and I've forgotten that the black flag was the race stoppage flag. When did it change to red? And why? Any particular catalyst for the change?

Here's the video in question, 1m10 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVYnnxWMXWg