Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jun 2000, 13:18 (Ref:18482)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think that The Fia GT should have more different cars in it.

cars like Lamborghini, TVR, Marcos, Ferrari, lotus and even Venturi shoul participate.

I also think that the GT2 category should be a battle between factory cars because that attracts crowds, because they want "their" car to win.

Lotus, TVR and Venturi should have their Espritt speed six and LM400 cars ready for the gt3 class

And Tvr should contend with the speed twelve also.

DO YOU AGREE?
Old 21 Jun 2000, 13:31 (Ref:18486)   #2
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the FIA GT's suck - dreadful things The more cars the better, but how are you gonna convince all those marques to enter ?
Old 21 Jun 2000, 15:29 (Ref:18517)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I agree the FIA series has gone down hill big time in the past couple of years...and they do need more cars in the series but as fatbloke suggests how the heck do ya get manufacturers involved...TV and money thats how..dont know how they will do it but thats what they need...but i may be jumping the gun a bit here but i think the ALMS will eventually become more like a world championship within 5 years (well we can only hope)..it has a great range of cars involved and im sure there is heaps of room for more.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 17:12 (Ref:18532)   #4
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I don't want 'our' cars to start racing in FIA GTs. Just when we're getting good grids again, the last thing to do would be to have them all leave again to race against Vipers and Porsches in Europe.

If the FIA can't get a good variety, that's their problem - they're doing something wrong.

(Opinions copyright G.Ilott 2000)
Old 21 Jun 2000, 18:23 (Ref:18547)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The biggest problem facing the FIA GT series is the FIA itself and the ever influential hand of Bernie. He will not allow any other series to come anywhere near to F1. The FIA singlehandedly eliminated the threat of the DTM a few years back by forcing them to go international with a national series. They were actually outdrawing F1 at the German venues they shared. Even now, the FIA GT teams that were going to race in America at RoadAmerica and Daytona in a joint Grand Am series event have all declined due to lack of funding. Now they have been dropped from the Grand Am participant list. Its too bad that the GTs can't seem to get it together.