Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Mar 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1869546)   #1
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe?

Well we are nearly there, Who is racing at Castle Combe then?

I was trying to get an idea from Masters for entrys for Groovy baby but they didnt give anything away!!
Old 18 Mar 2007, 08:00 (Ref:1869935)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
possibly because theres only 10 cars on the grid !

I jest of course . . . it will be interesting to see the turn out however
Old 19 Mar 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1871676)   #3
daj
Racer

Wow... Me you and peter then it is !?!?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 23:11 (Ref:1871840)   #4
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by daj
Wow... Me you and peter then it is !?!?
Not so fast... I'm working on an entry - if Lloyd's will lend me the money I might just get an entry together. All it needs is a cage and some belts. Anyone got a spare mig welder?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bentley-T1-197...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Redneck Rocket; 19 Mar 2007 at 23:14.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 23:56 (Ref:1871882)   #5
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'll be there, anyway, in Oldies but Goldies....first outing for the SZ this year. After my mammoth 'fit as much as possible in before arrival of baby' year last year (14 races!), I'm taking it a bit easier this year.

A few Masters races, a few Top Hat, a couple of HSCC (Silverstone Classic?), and hopefully a few co-drives in U2TC. Hang on, that's 11 races and counting..!

I agree, will be interesting to see the turnout.

Haven't had my entry pack/details/tickets yet....

James
Old 20 Mar 2007, 05:45 (Ref:1871999)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I'm entered.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1872149)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
James . . .thats damn good going with offspring we went from 12 race to races to 3 races . . .this year the lads 2 years old and I'm hoping to get at least 3 maybe 4 races in, but good long ones, not Michael Rodent 10 minute sprints round Stowe!
Old 20 Mar 2007, 10:15 (Ref:1872165)   #8
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know, but having said that, I haven't told the wife yet......!!

Probably be down to two races after telling her.....

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
James . . .thats damn good going with offspring we went from 12 race to races to 3 races . . .this year the lads 2 years old and I'm hoping to get at least 3 maybe 4 races in, but good long ones, not Michael Rodent 10 minute sprints round Stowe!
Old 24 Mar 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1875019)   #9
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there in the Lotus Cortina and the Corvette (if it is ready!)
Old 24 Mar 2007, 12:45 (Ref:1875029)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Roger,

I owe you an e mail!

I'm flying out of DME on the 6th. When are you flying?
Old 25 Mar 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1875926)   #11
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, I will probably go to Switzerland for a day or 2 of late season skiing on or around Thurs/Fri (as I've been too busy until now to ski at all this year) and then fly to the UK on Sunday night. Let me know when you are next passing through.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 18:56 (Ref:1876027)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
why go dry slope Skiing in Switzerland when you can stay in Russia and ski on snow!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 04:53 (Ref:1876411)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There's not much snow left here now. Its even melting up here.

I'd like to know the entry levels for this event.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 08:59 (Ref:1876518)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just checked and apparently there's 20 so far for GB and the other grids have around 30 cars. Approximate figures because Rachel is still sorting things out after the Stoneliegh weekend.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 11:22 (Ref:1876617)   #15
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
There's not much snow left here now. Its even melting up here.
There is no snow at all in Moscow. It is around 14 degrees and very spring like. Quite incredible. Global warming in action!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 12:43 (Ref:1876672)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Bugger that means an early attack of puff balls! (These are seeds from the trees outside my Moscow apartment they get everywhere!)

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic

Back on topic, it does sound more encouraging than this thread would have us believe.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 19:30 (Ref:1876997)   #17
daj
Racer

Peter, Is that 20 Groovy baby cars or 20 combined between Groovy baby and best of british??
Old 27 Mar 2007, 01:59 (Ref:1877264)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Dunno.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 06:53 (Ref:1878932)   #19
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on somebody must have an entry list for Castle Combe by now please
Old 29 Mar 2007, 06:56 (Ref:1878934)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 29 Mar 2007, 08:10 (Ref:1878972)   #21
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing on the Castle Combe website as yet. They're usually good at posting such info up.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 09:54 (Ref:1879036)   #22
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
Had my entry passes and other details (timetable etc.) this morning, but still no entry list....

Anyone?

James
Old 29 Mar 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1879042)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
entries are still open are they not ?

interesting though as CC is usually a sell out.

A lot of people seem to be watching the pennies at the moment, and for us racing is a luxury so when the purse strings tighten the season gets shorter!
Old 29 Mar 2007, 10:10 (Ref:1879046)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer
Had my entry passes and other details (timetable etc.) this morning, but still no entry list....

Anyone?

James
How many passes do you get?
Old 29 Mar 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1879135)   #25
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
Five 'people passes' and two vehicle. I think (from memory) only two pit passes.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
How many passes do you get?