Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Oct 2001, 18:55 (Ref:158151)   #1
Dave Aldridge
Rookie

Dave Aldridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber

A big thankyou to all you guys that have contributed their support and opinions on Mark during the 2001 season. At the moment we are still unsure as to what Mark's future holds for 2002, but we remain confident we will see him on the grid in Melbourne come March 2002.We aim to keep you updated as much as we can via our website
www.webber-racing.co.uk also can i say congratulations to Justin Wilson on winning the championship with such professionalism.

Regards
Dave
Old 9 Oct 2001, 20:54 (Ref:158229)   #2
formula-3000net
Racer

formula-3000net should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mark Webber

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Aldridge
A big thankyou to all you guys that have contributed their support and opinions on Mark during the 2001 season. At the moment we are still unsure as to what Mark's future holds for 2002, but we remain confident we will see him on the grid in Melbourne come March 2002.
Regards
Dave
There are some people (though not me) who are saying the only way Mark will be on the grid in Melbourne is if he's invited to sing the National Anthem before the race...
Old 10 Oct 2001, 00:29 (Ref:158294)   #3
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Re: Mark Webber

Quote:
Originally posted by formula-3000net

There are some people (though not me) who are saying the only way Mark will be on the grid in Melbourne is if he's invited to sing the National Anthem before the race...
You and your biased-against-Webber website would say that.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 04:09 (Ref:158315)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome to ten tenths Dave.

I too hope to see Mark on the grid in 2002 and in a good car as well ( and no not singing the national anthem ..we have plenty of washed up celebrities to do that for us )

I hope Mark plans come together and I hope he still gets all the support he needs from home.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 11:25 (Ref:158451)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome aboard Dave. Good to see your name here as well as club stuff.

I hope Mark will make the grid next year, it will mean his dream will finally come true.
Old 11 Oct 2001, 00:31 (Ref:158920)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thought mark had resigned as benetton test driver for 2002 ... still reckon minardi is his best bet with that new engine, geez i hope so
Old 11 Oct 2001, 06:11 (Ref:158944)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
thought mark had resigned as benetton test driver for 2002 ... still reckon minardi is his best bet with that new engine, geez i hope so
Do you mean resigned or re-signed? Renault have taken up his option, which means he is contracted to them for next year. However, Briatore has stated that he wants Mark in an f1 race seat next year. This would work in a similar manner to the Trulli and Alonso systems. I think it will be Minardi or Renault tester next year. It would be a shame if all that talent went to waste.

PS. How rude of me!? Welcome Dave. Hope you enjoy it in here!
Old 11 Oct 2001, 16:28 (Ref:159150)   #8
Dave Aldridge
Rookie

Dave Aldridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mac

Do you mean resigned or re-signed? Renault have taken up his option, which means he is contracted to them for next year. However, Briatore has stated that he wants Mark in an f1 race seat next year. This would work in a similar manner to the Trulli and Alonso systems. I think it will be Minardi or Renault tester next year. It would be a shame if all that talent went to waste.

PS. How rude of me!? Welcome Dave. Hope you enjoy it in here!
Hi Mac thanks for the welcome, as you say Flavio wants Mark in an F1 seat for next but he is obviously third in line behind Alonso, as for your prediction you are not far wrong so lets keep our fingers crossed they can get it together, i gather Prost are still in the equation.

Last edited by Dave Aldridge; 11 Oct 2001 at 16:29.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 14:20 (Ref:159651)   #9
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Mark! I reckon that any seat is a good seat at the moment. just let him have a go. come on flavio! do your magic! I have always supported mark, especially since he actually REPLIED to an email I sent to him through the yellow pages sponorship site. Although it did take a few months for him to reply, he appologised for this, and went on to say quite a bit in this email. From this, I have gathered that Mark is a genuine fella, and a bloke worth my support. Although I am only a mere 15 yrs of age, in the email Mark was able to provide me a few pointers on the best way to attack my future career goal as a motorsports journalist. Thanks again Mark, and goodluck mate!

Last edited by timbo2001; 12 Oct 2001 at 14:22.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 14:42 (Ref:159662)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh I sent an email to Mark a few years back I think it was not long after he joined the Mecedes sportscar team..I congratulated him on getting the drive and wished him well...allthough it didnt take him long at all to reply..about a week i think ..and he was quite happy to have a light hearted banter with me on a few things ...this I found really great and enjoyed it thoroughly...good on him for thanking his fans and I again wish him all the best for the future.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 19:56 (Ref:159793)   #11
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Dave, welcome aboard ten-tenths! keep up the good work with Marks web site, and best wishes to you and all his gang next year!
Old 12 Oct 2001, 23:10 (Ref:159885)   #12
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber - I think the things he has on his side and must exploit are the following:

- he is Australian and I'm sure Bernie would like to see an Aussie driver in the sport that holds a race there every year - if nothing else it helps tap into the local sponsorship market. It's not a policy I agree with but if the driver is talented it can be justifiable.
- Flavio Briatore - along with Eddie Jordan can place a driver more or less at will just about anywhere.

Against - although Mark would do himself justice in F1 I feel there are several drivers who would be a better bet for success on the track. Which is why he has to take advantage of 1 & 2 above.

Part of me wants to see Webber in F1 - he will be judged by his performances and I can't see him grabbing the year's headlines away from people like Sato, Massa, and year olds like Raikkonen, Alonso etc let alone any other rookies coming in.

Having said all that he deserves a seat more than Bernoldi, Burti or Yoong.

So speaketh Ono.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 22:20 (Ref:162686)   #13
Noddy
Rookie

Noddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to agree with all the comments made about Mark, I have been lucky enough to have met him and he is a genuine person.
And as for him getting a drive in F1 i hope he does as he has set his goal to reach the pinacle of motorsport and has all the backing, Not from money but the top people involved and all this from just pure determination and a natural talent.
So i really hope he does get the drive he deserves and shines.