Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 11 May 2003, 01:36 (Ref:595834)   #1
Apexx
Rookie

Apexx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno's whining is starting to turn me off.

Is anyone else getting as tired of Junky's display of poor sportsmanship and team play as I am?

Last edited by Apexx; 11 May 2003 at 01:41.
Old 11 May 2003, 01:51 (Ref:595836)   #2
Aus.CARTfan
Rookie

Aus.CARTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah you are right it seems as though he cant take being beaten by his team mate!!
Old 11 May 2003, 02:06 (Ref:595839)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, it's just way too much, he just absolutely refuses to admit someone was legitimately faster than him!
Old 11 May 2003, 02:20 (Ref:595840)   #4
Apexx
Rookie

Apexx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is very interesting how SPEEDTV focused so intently on Brono's sister explaining the role she plays in his career. At the point when the his team mate was ontrack completing his second flier the cameras where already on an already badly decomposing Junky. Seems as though the SPEEDTV journalist's may have found a realy soft spot and are choosing to expose it.

Last edited by Apexx; 11 May 2003 at 02:22.
Old 11 May 2003, 02:55 (Ref:595843)   #5
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the start of the season I was fine with it, but he complains about everything. Even CART.com is featuring his whining from qualifying.
Old 11 May 2003, 02:56 (Ref:595844)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we now know why Button got the job at Williams. Bruno is quick, but easily rattled.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 11 May 2003, 10:20 (Ref:595963)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
During the podium press conference at Brands, Merril kept trying to turn Bruno's tirade toward saying something positive, but he was on rails and determined only to whine. A second place finish, closing the gap with Tracy to 11 points ... not important!

On the other hand, having been a Prost fan throughout the 1980s and early 1990s, Essence of Whine is sort of natural when the other guy is faster and you don't want the press to notice ... "Some people can never admit," said Senna maliciously, "that they have been beaten ... "

Handful of Prozac for Mr. Junqueira, please.
Old 11 May 2003, 13:14 (Ref:596053)   #8
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Bruno but even I'm getting tired of the complaining. I just want to spank him and say, "honey, you're 2nd in the points, you're having a good season, so far...lighten up"
I do think the media is making too much of the "championship every 3rd year/Bruno's having a disappointing year/he's being outdone by his teammate" thing.
I wonder if he's not putting too much pressure on himself. He does seem to be more high-strung and morose than usual.
Old 11 May 2003, 17:38 (Ref:596152)   #9
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he, more than anyone, would have expected to have won a race by now, but really he hasn't even been close. Some consistent running in the top 5 but everyone expected more. Bourdias could hypothetically have 4 wins by now and that will have got under Bruno's skin.

To his credit though, Bruno is a grafter and a dogged competitor. I remember the bad patch he went through in 2000 when he was going for the 3000 title. People were starting to write him off saying he had lost the plot, but he came back brilliantly at the penultimate round in Hungary to win from Alonso giving him the advantage in the championship. He's hanging in there and will be determined to get on terms with Sebastien’s pace.

Last edited by Raven; 11 May 2003 at 17:38.
Old 11 May 2003, 18:57 (Ref:596200)   #10
Lee Janotta
Veteran

And now Dominguez is starting to whine.

Well, Wisconson's next, so they'll be able to pick up some cheese while they're there.
Old 11 May 2003, 19:01 (Ref:596206)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dominguez actually has a right to whine though. Bourdais made more of a blocking move than Dominguez ever did, and go off the hook, yet Dominguez was penalized.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 11 May 2003, 19:05 (Ref:596214)   #12
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Completely agree, Dominguez was robbed.

Junky is just bitter that he's not as fast as Bourdais or some of the competition in lesser cars.
Old 11 May 2003, 19:07 (Ref:596215)   #13
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Yeah, but it's still bad form during such an upbeat weekend.

The guy got a win last year he didn't earn in any way, shape or form... So I guess things are even now if he got block a bit.

The rules have always become lax at the end of a race anyhow.
Old 11 May 2003, 21:12 (Ref:596330)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais got a freebie in the pits too -- why did Jourdain get a 15 second penalty for dangerous driving in the pits, when Bourdais nearly caused a pileup on the way in and nearly hit a crewman on the way out (the guy had to jump into the next pitbox!)?

Isn't it a bit too early for this kind of nonsense?

But wasn't it great that Bruno finished 4th today so we didn't have to hear the whine du jour?
Old 11 May 2003, 22:39 (Ref:596415)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Too true...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 11 May 2003, 23:16 (Ref:596439)   #16
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais nearly causing some havoc was just him pushing hard which is part and parcel of racing. Jourdain very clearly was the cause of Lemarie's early exit and thus deserved the penalty. Jourdain's team didn't feel unjustly penalized.
Dominguez should never have gotten that penalty, he was cleanly covering his line, which is more than I can say for Bourdais. His move near the end was clearly a block.
Credit to Dominguez though as he wasn't complaining about the racing just the unjust penalty he got.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 12 May 2003, 13:26 (Ref:596916)   #17
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I began to tire of Bruno last season when he began to rant every time the lens was pointed in his direction.

In fact, a thread on this forum discussed Bruno becomming the "drama queen" of CART. The very next weekend, Tommy Kendal did a commentary in which he used that term to describe Bruno. Now we know where Kendall gets his material.
Old 12 May 2003, 14:39 (Ref:596977)   #18
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
That doesn't say much the forums if that's the case...

I've found Bruno to be pretty nice in my brief dealings with him, but I think it's something about a camera infront of him that makes him feel the need to defend himself by whining about everyone else.
Old 12 May 2003, 16:13 (Ref:597072)   #19
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno...

Bruno has a growing mental problem. I believe at the end of last season he was thinking, it will become easy – switching the team, get the no 1 car and with all the leaving of the old stars, winning some races and I'm the champ. – But now he got a superfast teamate and there are some guys thinking, we can do this too, like Tracy, Jourdain and also Dominguez. That's hard staff. And so the poor boy is dissapointed with himself and all this "bad" conditions.

No doubt, he is one of the best and quickest drivers but needs to focus his mind. Do you remember last year of Michel (the same with Rubens in F1), at least he was called a "cry baby" and now Bruno is on the best way to take over the role. At least I hope he don't loose his pace...

so long... carsten66
Old 12 May 2003, 16:30 (Ref:597095)   #20
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Rubens had good reason to complain, carsten... Numerous engine failures when he was in the lead of the race, and he had to give up the win in a race he utterly dominated. Not a good year for him. I'm sure he cried all the way to the bank...
Old 12 May 2003, 19:13 (Ref:597281)   #21
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone think Bruno might be in Indy next week?
Old 12 May 2003, 20:25 (Ref:597348)   #22
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Nope!
Old 13 May 2003, 01:24 (Ref:597514)   #23
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's one place I'm sure he won't be...
Old 14 May 2003, 10:01 (Ref:598592)   #24
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno's latest whine is about having a less powerful engine than the others and hinted to Newman/Haas to sort this out. How much truth is in this? Does anyone know anything?

I have seen Liz go on and on( ) about Bruno's whinings but then realised she has a point... Some of moans are almost funny. He should shut up.
Old 14 May 2003, 11:24 (Ref:598632)   #25
Liz
Veteran

You should have been in the press conference at Brands and seen all the eye-rolling at his tirade. Of course, the fuel economy complaints were justified this time, but blaming the weight of the camera for the fact that his teammate outqualified him was simply stupid. "Some people," said Senna maliciously [SOME PEOPLE being his code word for Prost], "just cannot accept the fact that they have been beaten. "