Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2974844)   #51
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
You question the rationale of anyone you see walking around out outside while the Grand Prix is on. Don't they want to hurry to get home?

Other people question your rationale when they see you with two computers and the TV on, one for the GP, one for the live timing and one for the driver tracker and/or forum. This is of course a completely normal thing to do and does not make anyone obsessive. Ah, damn- I just said it did.
Can I include watching all the F1 replays in case the drivers say anything new that evening. Then maybe watching the race again the next day to see what the rest were doing because you have read an interesting comment on here?

Or buying a state of the art PC to be able to play Grand Prix Legends on there because consoles only give you contemporary machinery.

I wonder if obsessive is also travelling abroad, and part of your holiday is the classic F1 tracks that aren't used anymore, like Reims and the original Spa
Old 21 Oct 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2974865)   #52
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Someone cuts in right in front of you whilst walking down the street or moves around twice in front of you and you turn to you friend and broadcast loud enough so anyone within earshot can hear you "He/she's got to get a penalty for that, hasn't he?".
"You're magnanimous Born Racer baby, keep going..."
Old 22 Oct 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2975014)   #53
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You use the round-about as a skid pad to test g forces and how much downforce you need for turns.
Old 22 Oct 2011, 06:26 (Ref:2975051)   #54
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know you're a MOTORSPORT fan when the only reason you learnt Japenese was so you could understand what the commentators were saying when watching Super GT.
Old 22 Oct 2011, 06:37 (Ref:2975053)   #55
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
... You are proud to share the same birthday of a double world champion !
On that note...
  • You a proud to share the same birthday as Tiago Monteiro.
Every year on July 24 I now sing a quiet "Happy Birthday to me/Tiago" song to myself...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 22 Oct 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2975067)   #56
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I do the same thing on my birthday for George Follmer (1973 F1 driver, came 3rd at Spanish GP, 1972 Can-Am Champion, 1965 SCCA Road Racing Champion, 1972 and 1976 Trans-Am Champion and winner of the 1969 IndyCar race at PIR).

Just gwtting it out there
Old 22 Oct 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2975120)   #57
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I share a birthday with former GP driver, Dave Kennedy. An Irish chap who drove the Shadow/Theodore cars in the 1980 season. Not with any great success it has to be said. Then he raced Can Am, then on to sports cars and TV commentary.
Old 22 Oct 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2975132)   #58
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guilty...to more than I realised.

Oh...and that too...pointing at the Avatar. Gravity powered F1...sort of.

Old 22 Oct 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2975139)   #59
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you have Franz Tost for breakfast...
Old 22 Oct 2011, 16:03 (Ref:2975171)   #60
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh blimey- the thing with the birthdays. To think I used to be pleased with the fact Gerhard Berger's is two days after mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Can I include watching all the F1 replays in case the drivers say anything new that evening.
You certainly can. I do exactly the same.
Old 22 Oct 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2975220)   #61
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More of these are happening to me and it may be because of the thread, but:

You're going on holiday, unzip a suitcase and it makes a high-pitched fluctuating sound that instantly makes you think of a Formula 1 engine sound when you get a bit of wheelspin and the revs are momentatily high.

Or maybe that's 'you know you've been playing F1 2011 all day when..'.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 19:41 (Ref:2977347)   #62
phathead
Rookie

United States
Madison, WI
phathead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about the fact that the only thing that will pacify my ten month old for longer than 10 minutes is if I put a F1 race on?
Old 26 Oct 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2977405)   #63
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As soon as you get out your car you go and weigh yourself.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 02:28 (Ref:2977996)   #64
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

It's raining and your girlfriend begins to share the the umbrella she's sheltering herself with by shifting it over your heard, at which point she feels like your grid girl/ personal trainer.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2978114)   #65
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
A bit of an old one this but back in the day if I ever had new tyres fitted to my road car I'd leave the stickers on the treads and pretend I got 'my qualifiers' on!
Old 28 Oct 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2978279)   #66
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
you make investment decisions based on what companies sponsor F1.

drive around for miles because Shell fuel is the only gas good enough for your car.

time your gas station attendant and offer pointers to on how to improve your 'pit stop' times.

Ive actually HAD to stop at a Total garage and only put in enough to get me to the shell garage 16 miles away!

I really thought that was just me.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2978304)   #67
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've done similar too Dan, in my case the mimimum possible in order to get back and fill up at Painsburys for the nectar points!!!

I also find my head popping round anytime I hear an air drill or pnemuatic drill, heck, any drill and immediately imagine an F1 car having its tyres changed!
Old 29 Oct 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2978662)   #68
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know you're obsessed when....
looking for a sports car, you discount Porsche and Audi because they're Le Mans winners. Look at Ferrari and genuinely consider an NSX because Senna famously developed it...

On holiday in Italy, pull into a petrol station in your hire car, they saunter over to fill you with fuel in tragically slow time, then as you leave the pit area realise they forgot to change your tyres and now you have to complete the journey on these worn out ones...
Old 29 Oct 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2978698)   #69
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
On holiday in Italy, pull into a petrol station in your hire car, they saunter over to fill you with fuel in tragically slow time, then as you leave the pit area realise they forgot to change your tyres and now you have to complete the journey on these worn out ones...
Or you feel offended if they don't instantly recognise you as a Ferrari driver!
Old 30 Oct 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2978882)   #70
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

After qually, you feel frustrated that there are 24 hours until the start.

You get that Saturday night feel-good feeling when you think about how there's a Grand Prix the next day. You may be sitting in a pub with friends and your thoughts are elsewhere.

2 from my lady:

You spend the night asking her five times what the time is, because she's hogging the alarm clock and you'd rather be in control of the 'off' button so she doesn't switch it off and go back to sleep without being aware. You also worry about that clock- does it definitely go back by itself?

You thought you heard her asking you about Felipe Massa's front wing when actually she was saying something totally unrelated.
Old 30 Oct 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2978946)   #71
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
- you live in Japan and when a pedestrian starts weaving about on the foot path in front of you, you think: no wonder these people have never produced a decent driver - no one in this country can hold a decent line!
Old 30 Oct 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2979056)   #72
boyracer019
Rookie

boyracer019 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geting up at stupid o'clock to watch the first moments of FP1 of the first race of the season - I take it that everyone else in the world gets up at not quite so stupid o'clock to watch quali and the race
Old 4 Nov 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2981545)   #73
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're surprised to see that your name isn't at the top of the Castrol Driver Rankings.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 04:04 (Ref:2982127)   #74
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
  • You beat your friends at go-karting and are surprised when nobody approaches you offering you a McLaren contract.
  • You stand in front of the mirror for hours practicing the best way to say "Mr. Dennis, one day I'm going to drive for you."
  • You get a flat tyre 3 miles from home and feel the same sense of disappointment Kimi Raikkonen did in 2005.
  • You arrive and instinctively go to pull the steering wheel off.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 6 Nov 2011, 05:48 (Ref:2982143)   #75
daallo
Rookie

Mexico
Mexico
daallo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just a bit of fun, mostly nicked from elsewhere. I've added some of my own.

• You make massive amounts of pointless spreadsheets to store stats that are readily accessible on the internet.

• You are walking behind someone, you wait until the last millisecond to cut either to the left, or the right, and then try to overtake them.

• While drinking champagne, you are sometimes tempted to either spray it out on everyone, or at least pour it out over the friends next to you.
****, all that's true, and I have actually sprayed it feeling as an F1 race winner haha.