Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3909335)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Tech question: Inerter/J-Damper on GT cars

I've asked this in the Mulsanne's Corner Facebook group, and I also posted in the racing technology area about this. But I'm looking to see if anyone here might have some info or perspective on this question.

I'm wondering if anyone here would know if it would be possible to fit a J-Damper or similar third element spring on a GTE/GT3 type car, especially one with inboard suspension like the Ford GT?

How difficult or improbable would such a fitting be, especially on a front engine car, even with inboard/pushrod suspension?

I hope that I'm not barking up the wrong tree here, but this does pertain to GT racing cars. And also, the background of the inerter is that was designed for road-going type cars originally, not open wheel or LMP-type racers.