Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3992935)   #926
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm just trying not to get my hopes up so I can be Pleasantly Surprised if we are allowed to attend rather than being Disappointed if I have to watch from my sofa.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3992955)   #927
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Angers and Tours are back to green (low)
Le Mans is still in vigilance
Laval (Dép. of Mayenne) is still on alert but the rate of positive tests has felt from 95 to 55 for 100,000 persons.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3992971)   #928
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Angers and Tours are back to green (low)
Le Mans is still in vigilance
Laval (Dép. of Mayenne) is still on alert but the rate of positive tests has felt from 95 to 55 for 100,000 persons.
Pascal, you are right but pay attention to the data. The situation is evolving day by day. Due to the proximity with the departement "La Mayenne" we could have a different situation in a few days. Or not. I am trying to avoid speculating in the covid data .
Old 4 Aug 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3992972)   #929
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And I am just reading that 4 people have been admitted in intensive care today.
No more people had been in this situation for weeks!
Day by day.............
Old 4 Aug 2020, 17:49 (Ref:3992976)   #930
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Pascal, you are right but pay attention to the data. The situation is evolving day by day. Due to the proximity with the departement "La Mayenne" we could have a different situation in a few days. Or not. I am trying to avoid speculating in the covid data .
I cannot find more updated and accurate data.
I hope we won't be at the same rate than in Spain before the 6 next weeks : 5700 more cases today.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3992978)   #931
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Well, I gotta say that it seems pretty certain that seeing I'm an American and we can't get our poop together, I won't be there this year.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3992979)   #932
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I cannot find more updated and accurate data.
I hope we won't be at the same rate than in Spain before the 6 next weeks : 5700 more cases today.
Today? Bloomin' heck.....
Old 4 Aug 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3992989)   #933
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Best not to look at numbers and keep looking at the sky and whistle a happy tune
Old 4 Aug 2020, 21:50 (Ref:3993023)   #934
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Today? Bloomin' heck.....
Spain's cases figure can't really be compared to a lot of other countries because of the way they record them. They include both new positive tests on current infections AND positive antibody tests that indicate a person has probably been infected previously. Whilst there is evidence of increasing cases in Spain (and elsewhere) I wouldn't read too much into their high daily cases number. If the UK and elsewhere was doing similar antibody testing, they'd also have much higher daily case numbers.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3993091)   #935
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that. You would have thought that by now the various countries would have agreed upon some standard system of recording.... Still that might not give the media the fodder they want...
Old 5 Aug 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3993099)   #936
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Well, I gotta say that it seems pretty certain that seeing I'm an American and we can't get our poop together, I won't be there this year.
Scott, if you land at Paris, there are no restriction so far for people coming from USA. You will only have to get a negative test certificate before the flight.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3993106)   #937
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Well our group, with the developing situation all over Europe, has collectively decided not to go to Le Mans this year, partly due to the mixed age group and partly to do the little it can to reduce the potential spread of the virus.

Therefore for the first time since 1995 I will not be attending the race this year.

We are instead planning a little road trip in this country - maybe Wales to enjoy some great driving in our cars and find somewhere to watch the race together.

Whilst I wasn't the biggest advocate of this course of action I now support it and look forward to returning to Le Mans in 2021, hopefully to the Le Mans event we all love and cherish
Old 5 Aug 2020, 16:06 (Ref:3993164)   #938
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well Mal that is a long run to break, but i can understand, still hoping that i will be ok to go but i think it will for certain be a very different event if we do make it.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3993168)   #939
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well Mal that is a long run to break, but i can understand, still hoping that i will be ok to go but i think it will for certain be a very different event if we do make it.
It is a shame - but this year is so weird that I don't see it as a true break - it is not as if I didn't want to or wasn't prepared to go.

When you are trying to organise a big group of friends it is tricky and everyone has different opinions. But the prevailing fact was that we all have such a great time together socially so we wanted to do something together so we have taken the decision to bail now and remove the uncertainty.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 06:21 (Ref:3993249)   #940
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-for-lmdh.html

Interesting to see....he speaks about 4- 5 villages,
It does not fit to the map which we we saw before...and it means 20-25k spectators..

This year will be very different, which does not mean automatically bad....I'm curious
Old 6 Aug 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3993262)   #941
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The short answer is that he doesn't know yet what they will be permitted to do. That's why none of us are going to know until late August what (if anything) is happening.... But yes, if we do get there (or some of 'us'), it will be very different.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 11:33 (Ref:3993311)   #942
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Fingers crossed that next week we will get the OK and that things do not get worse after that.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3993331)   #943
pinkdigital
Rookie

pinkdigital should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do like the ACO lateral thinking to get spectators to the event but I cannot see it happening. France could be back on the quarantine list within the next 24 hours.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 13:22 (Ref:3993336)   #944
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
if everytime this virus apperas the world goes into lockdown then i think the last of our worries will be racing, The collapse of our normal life will be of more importance, not heard anything about France moving to quarantine status here in uk, other than the usual "the workd is ending" type sayings from a few, i am still keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3993402)   #945
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Best not to look at numbers and keep looking at the sky and whistle a happy tune
My thoughts exactly!
Old 6 Aug 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3993403)   #946
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
But no, I'm gonna skip this one. I'll be darned if I'm gonna wear a mandatory muzzle for three or four days straight, knowing their medical effectiveness is near zero, if not the strictest of safetyprotols are being observed.
I'm not going to undergo this kind of oppression.
I'd be no fun whatsoever, anyhow.
Sorry lads and ladettes, I'll miss you all.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3993406)   #947
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure you can enforce masks in the campsites, you need to eat and drink. But sure they might be required for visiting the facilities
Old 6 Aug 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3993415)   #948
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For certain, I think....
Old 6 Aug 2020, 20:52 (Ref:3993418)   #949
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's quite a few Tenths regulars now out of LM 2020 for sure. For me, the pessimism hasn't set in yet. I'll wait and see what 15th August brings first.....
Old 6 Aug 2020, 21:13 (Ref:3993422)   #950
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Found this link on FB...

https://www.lemonde.fr/culture/artic...JV4EVhbbc7_cY0