Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Sep 2021, 20:42 (Ref:4076194)   #126
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to replace Goff with Smiley in my team.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4076286)   #127
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'd like to replace Goff with Smiley in my team.
Sorry - that would breach the rule: 'Your two main drivers cannot drive for your team' (you have Excelr8).
Old 29 Sep 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4076302)   #128
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok so I'd remove Goff and Excelr8, putting Smiley and BTC Racing instead.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4076303)   #129
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Ok so I'd remove Goff and Excelr8, putting Smiley and BTC Racing instead.
Updated - new configuration:

D1: Sutton-£100,000.00
D2: Smiley-£28,600.00
JS: Mitchell-£25,000.00
Team: BTC-£68,000.00
Chassis: Ford-£55,000.00
Engine: Ford-£20,000.00

Total - £296,600.00
Old 30 Sep 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4076384)   #130
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Can I remove Goff and Hyundai and replace them with Smiley and Toyota?
Old 30 Sep 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4076385)   #131
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Can I remove Goff and Hyundai and replace them with Smiley and Toyota?
Done - revised entry:

D1: Cook - £65,000.00
D2: Smiley - £28,600.00
JS: Mitchell - £19,000.00
Team: Team BMW - £100,000.00
Chassis: Toyota - £36,000.00
Engine: Swindon - £40,000.00

Total - £288,600.00
Old 30 Sep 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4076449)   #132
Jpmck
Rookie

Jpmck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Change

Pentagon Racing Team Change

Team Change: swap HARD for Gazoo

Thanks

James
Old 1 Oct 2021, 05:38 (Ref:4076477)   #133
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmck View Post
Pentagon Racing Team Change

Team Change: swap HARD for Gazoo

Thanks

James
Done - Updated entry:

D1: Cook - £65,000.00
D2: Hill - £40,000.00
JS: Mitchell - £25,000.00
Team: Toyota Gazoo - £41,000.00
Chassis: BMW - £80,000.00
Engine: Swindon - £40,000.00

Total - £291,000.00
Old 13 Oct 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4078292)   #134
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Donington Park Results - scores from the event
Attached Thumbnails
Fantasy League Rd9 Results.png  
Old 13 Oct 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4078293)   #135
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Results from the entrants:

MissClarrpz has the highest score this round, and Jpmck moves to the top of the overall standings.
Attached Thumbnails
Fantasy League Rd9 Entrants Scores.png  
Old 13 Oct 2021, 10:31 (Ref:4078294)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's gonna be very hard to predict this weekend. It was probably easier to predict at Donington
Old 13 Oct 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4078310)   #137
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
I am currently experiencing issues uploading the revised values, so I'll list them instead for now:

Driver
Hamilton 1,000
Mitchell 1,000
Edwards 1,000
Geddie 1,000
Rivett 1,400
Parfitt Jr 3,400
Neate 3,500
Butel 6,000
Halstead 7,700
Hawkins 15,600
Boardley 19,600
Goff 28,000
Smiley 28,800
Osborne 29,700
Taylor-Smith 32,000
Jackson 36,100
Crees 40,900
Smelt 46,900
Proctor 58,800
Lloyd 66,400
Hill 69,900
Chilton 75,500
Moffat 85,200
Plato 86,500
Cook 87,900
Jelley 88,200
Oliphant 97,200
Rowbottom 98,400
Butcher 104,700
Cammish 105,300
Morgan 107,700
Shedden 111,300
Ingram 126,300
Sutton 128,700
Turkington 131,900

Jack Sears
Neate 1,000
Rivett 1,000
Hawkins 1,000
Geddie 1,000
Mitchell 4,000
Halstead 11,000
Hamilton 20,500
Parfitt Jr 32,500
Edwards 56,000
Smelt 73,500
Butel 79,000
Boardley 93,000
Osborne 96,000
Rowbottom 124,000

Team
Team HARD. 1,000
Toyota Gazoo 39,000
Ciceley 42,000
PMR 54,000
Motorbase/MB 59,000
BTC 70,000
Excelr8 71,000
Dynamics 95,000
Laser Tools 110,000
Team BMW 124,000

Chassis
Cupra 1,000
Toyota 34,000
Hyundai 42,000
Vauxhall 46,000
Ford 54,000
Infiniti 82,000
BMW 99,000
Honda 100,000

Engine
Ford 8,000
Honda 14,000
BMW 39,000
Swindon 64,000
Old 19 Oct 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4079090)   #138
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
With the news that Wilmot is in for Butel, he can be added to your teams for the following values:

As a main driver - £5k
As a Jack Sears - £25k
Old 26 Oct 2021, 07:54 (Ref:4080089)   #139
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The final round has been completed, and the scores compiled.

First up - how did the on-track competitors score for the weekend:
Attached Thumbnails
Fantasy League Rd10 Results.png  
Old 26 Oct 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4080092)   #140
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And so the final tables.

For the tenth round, Hawkwood scored the lowest with an 89pts return, cementing their place at the bottom of the leaderboard.

Going into the weekend, Jpmck held a lead over mattsmith, BTCC frog and steve_r. All four returned points in that order, meaning there is no change at the top of the table and Jpmck is the 2021 BTCC Fantasy League champion.

Hawkwood -

Jpmck -
mattsmith -
BTCC frog -

Attached Images

Old 27 Oct 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4080322)   #141
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Thanks for running this. Added some interest for me.
Old 27 Oct 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4080325)   #142
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Thanks for running this. Added some interest for me.
No problem - and you were so close to a top-3 finish at the end.

For all who took part - thanks.
I am intending on running this again next season, but would welcome suggestions on what areas people would want to see changed.

A couple of ideas I am floating are:
- Make the adjustments to values more 'form' based. This season the values were calculated and adjusted based on season-long performance. I think there is scope to get more drops in value for 'star' drivers if I focus on the last 6 / 9 races.
- Award points based on factors other than direct finishing positions. Count every lap led as a point? Gain / lose points based on finishing position vs. grid position?

e.g. in Round 29 - Cook scored 20 pts +1 for leading a lap.
If I adopted the laps led change, Cook would score 39 pts.
Jelley scored 7 pts for finishing 9th. With the loss/gain change, it would be (21) 7+14 for making up grid positions.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 07:06 (Ref:4080370)   #143
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
I personally think that the Jack Sears points should be reduced / factored down to reflect the irrelvancy of that competition in real life when compared with the main championship.

I think the other factors such as gaining / losing based on finishing vs grid would not work very well with the cut and thrust of touring cars.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4080375)   #144
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I personally think that the Jack Sears points should be reduced / factored down to reflect the irrelvancy of that competition in real life when compared with the main championship.
I understand your point, and will definitely consider it.

My attempt at forming the points system was to de-link it with the main drivers championship to a certain extent, so that results in the Fantasy League may not be just a direct copy+paste from the real-world results.
I was trying to avoid it being a simple 'pick the best driver and you win', I'm looking at how best so strike the right balance.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4080379)   #145
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Yes, understood. Overall, I think that the scoring system and competition worked well this year.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4080419)   #146
Matt K
Veteran

It was definitely fun and great to know you'll be running this next year! I admire your devotion to this. Where do you find time for it?

Btw not a bad season for me with Top 10 overall and some podiums I think, maybe next year will be better!
Old 29 Oct 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4080583)   #147
Jpmck
Rookie

Jpmck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you

Thank you very much for organising and administering this. I'll be back next year to prove that it wasn't beginners luck...........
Old 29 Oct 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4080585)   #148
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmck View Post
Thank you very much for organising and administering this. I'll be back next year to prove that it wasn't beginners luck...........
Nothing worse than the grid without a reigning champion!