Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 3 Aug 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3285354)   #1
yamahar1
Rookie

Greece
Chios Greece
yamahar1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Axon tool Magneti Marelli

Hello from Greece!!! i need your help ! i bought a used DDU-210 magneti Marelli dashbord but i have't the Axon tool 2.00 or newest for the set up. can you help me?
Old 7 Aug 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3286896)   #2
yamahar1
Rookie

Greece
Chios Greece
yamahar1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i want to say a big thank to EfiOz!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9 Aug 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3287501)   #3
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad it worked out for you.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3303076)   #4
Chipwizard
Rookie

Chipwizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've recently bought a DDU310, so I would really appreciate a copy of AXON also. I could also do with the connector pin-out if anyone has it....

Thanks in advance.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 02:42 (Ref:3303683)   #5
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Send me a pic of the sticker on the back cover and I'll see if I have the config files for it.

SYSMA should be ready for release very soon. This combines all of the configuration tools (AXON, Vision, etc) into one package as well as a heap of extra features.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3330999)   #6
Chipwizard
Rookie

Many thanks to the kind gentleman who fixed me up with the required software.

I am slowly starting to get to grips with it but I'm finding that configuring the numerous pages takes me a great deal of time.

Might anyone have an already-configured file for a DDU (*.lyx) that I can save myself some time with? I think it would be much quicker and easier to alter an existing configuration than create one from scratch, especially when the software is so new to me....

Thanks in advance guys
Old 14 Nov 2013, 03:43 (Ref:3331107)   #7
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I've only got customer specific ones that I can't release. I should really get around to making a generic layout.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3331386)   #8
Chipwizard
Rookie

Am I right to assume there's not an easier way to do it than to individually create 'items' and distribute them across the various pages one by one? Without a .lyx from a previous job of course...

It's not just me making it into a longer job than it ought to be through lack of proper knowledge of the Axon software?
Old 16 Nov 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3332354)   #9
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
No, the first one is always the longest. Once yo have one layout togethor, it's pretty easy to just change channel names, colours, etc.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3332544)   #10
Chipwizard
Rookie

Is it possible to print the 'help' file?

There seems to be much more info in there than in the manual, but you can't have help open while you are using the software itself.

I guess I should just install it on another laptop....
Old 17 Nov 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3332782)   #11
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Or get another screen?

The Help file does have a print option. i just checked on V2.04
Old 22 Nov 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3335110)   #12
Chipwizard
Rookie

You have been of great help.

However, I suspect I may need further 'great help' with this over the coming weeks and feel cheeky just keep prodding you for help and info. Might you be willing to accept some remuneration in exchange for future further assistance?

Amongst other things, I seem to be struggling to find out how to assign, or derive, an actual channel from the numbered CAN channels. I'm clearly missing something (probably simple) somewhere. It's fine making a table from the .cll of CAN01, CAN02.....CAN26... but what does each channel represent, or how do you get it to represent what you want it to? (such as throttle angle, engine temp, rpm, gear position as CAN data from the engine ECU)
I have an SRT-EDL-32 that I'd like to use but it looks likely I'll run out of analogue inputs between the two devices for all the chassis inputs I'd like to include, so unless there are expansion modules (like there used to be with older Marelli stuff) I may have to ditch the lot and use something else, which would be a shame.
I do also have a DAS-4 logger that I could use for expansion but I'm not sure how compatible the two generations of system are with regard to CAN data, or if either side could be configured so that they will communicate with each other. I assume that they can't be VERY different because the MT940 Dash I have with the DAS-4 logger stuff is also listed as a usable dash with the SRT ECU.

I think the suggestion of a forum for Marelli users is a great idea. I've come across so many people over the years with race cars that have perfectly good systems installed, such as Clio Cup cars etc, yet you speak to their owners and get "we can't figure out how to use it so we don't bother..."

I've emailed Marelli three times over the last couple of months about buying software and training but have had no reply. It would suit me to get training from them over the winter months when I'm less busy with work. I've been down to see Mick at Bikesports Developments and he sold me a few hours training with Vision on the SRT ECU but he only does bikes and has no experience with the DDU dash, only the MDU, so he couldn't help me with any of that side of things.

Let me know if you'd like some remuneration for your efforts helping me to get sorted.

Cheers.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3335153)   #13
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a car with an SRT-EDL32, and I tried it [the software] once, decided it was hateful, and installed an AiM system that talks to it via CAN. Way better! Another car has Bosch stuff on it, which is even better. And Marelli's support in the UK is non-existent.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3336231)   #14
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Chip,
Yeah, we've kicked the idea of a forum at the compsystems.com.au web site and I think we might get that up and running over Xmas. It'll double as a Chassissim users forum as well I think.

Mick is one of the cleverest guys I've come across and his Marelli knowledge is very good. His focus is on the SRTE/MDU combo these days as this is the back bone of the motorbike world. We've got a little more knowledge on the DDU, mostly from our Ferrari experiences.

Getting back to your predicament, the CAN channels are in a sequence starting at 0X200 typically. In the SRTE config their is a section for dash display and when the support for the MDU/DDU/MT940 (take your pic) is enabled, then the SRTE can acquire channels from the dash as an expansion module. This is how we do the SBK systems. I'll PM you some screen shots as a guide.

They do still do 16 channel CAN expansion modules. When you buy it should come with a dedicated cll for that module. That's the idea behind the cll (Channel List Library), it creates a simple drag and drop method for making tables. Unfortunately, it relies on dealers to provide the correct files, which doesn't always happen.

Tristan, sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love to help you all but it's a bit hard from the diametrically opposite side of the world!

Cheers,
Old 25 Nov 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3336612)   #15
Chipwizard
Rookie

A forum would be great. :-)

I wasn't suggesting Mick isn't clever, he clearly is very clever given what he does with the bikes, and he did give me some good insight into using Vision with the SRT.
He showed me how the MDU software is (very similar to AIM) and that all looked straightforward enough, but said he couldn't help me at all with the DDU because he'd never used one, which is plenty fair enough.

I did spend a few hours on Axon and Vision last night and, at the death (nearly midnight) I happened to move my mouse-pointer fully to the right-hand side of my screen and the double-ended arrow appeared (to drag a boundary) and, sure enough, when I dragged it to the left some buttons appeared that did some functions that I was pulling the last few strands out of my scalp looking for....

I'm determined to get there eventually.... At the moment I'm reluctant to 'Tx' anything very much to my dash in case I bugger something up....

Thanks again....
Old 26 Nov 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3336788)   #16
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Sounds like you had a penny dropping moment!

I'm also halfway through a video tutorial for the DDU but I'm going to struggle to finish it before Xmas. Also, Marelli are releasing SYSMA to the public in the new year which brings all of the config tools into one package so I might have to completely redo it anyway.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 23:02 (Ref:3337546)   #17
Chipwizard
Rookie

Does that mean I should postpone my personal scalp-re-modelling until SYSMA is released?

Old 2 Dec 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3339093)   #18
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Nah, you've come so far!
Old 2 Dec 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3339527)   #19
Chipwizard
Rookie

Well, I have managed to print an almost legible version of the help file....

It's an inch thick! Not read it yet though....

I have also managed to Install a nice "Suzuki Cappuccino" bitmap to the 'reset' page.... When I showed the missus the results of my three-weeks of effort she looked at me as if I was demented for some reason.....

Old 3 Dec 2013, 03:52 (Ref:3339585)   #20
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
It's the little that keep us amused.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3352207)   #21
Chipwizard
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
SYSMA should be ready for release very soon. This combines all of the configuration tools (AXON, Vision, etc) into one package as well as a heap of extra features.
I see they have 'released' a 2014 version of SYSMA already, before the 2013 one is available.... I wonder when the 2014 one is really going to be available?

Are they at the Autosport show this year, do you know?
Old 9 Jan 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3352218)   #22
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah Sysma 2013 never surfaced, but last I heard it should be good to go in the next couple of months.

I'm not sure if they are at Autosport.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3372962)   #23
Chipwizard
Rookie

Well, I've given up!

Dreadful, hateful, time-consuming software. Secrecy over actual CAN IDs and packet information (for God's sake, CAN is supposed to make things easier, not harder) resulting in extreme difficulty in getting it to talk with anything else.

Why oh why not have Manuals and ALL relevant tech info in the public domain? IT ONLY HELPS!

NO support. (save that kindly sent by EfiOz)

Three emails to Marelli about Sysma and training.... no reply...

A phone call to them resulted in a different email address to send my enquiry to..... email sent
.... guess what? .... no reply....

I can't even sell the stuff because I know whoever buys it will suffer the same months of pain without success before also giving up on it.

Just Google it and see how many positive experiences people have reported. (which I suppose is what I should have done from the off)

At least I have the relief of not having to waste any more time on it now.

Life Racing D5 and the new PDU-10 to be ordered very shortly....
Old 28 Feb 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3372983)   #24
RICE RACING
Rookie

RICE RACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizard View Post
Well, I've given up!

Dreadful, hateful, time-consuming software. Secrecy over actual CAN IDs and packet information (for God's sake, CAN is supposed to make things easier, not harder) resulting in extreme difficulty in getting it to talk with anything else.

Why oh why not have Manuals and ALL relevant tech info in the public domain? IT ONLY HELPS!

NO support. (save that kindly sent by EfiOz)

Three emails to Marelli about Sysma and training.... no reply...

A phone call to them resulted in a different email address to send my enquiry to..... email sent
.... guess what? .... no reply....

I can't even sell the stuff because I know whoever buys it will suffer the same months of pain without success before also giving up on it.

Just Google it and see how many positive experiences people have reported. (which I suppose is what I should have done from the off)

At least I have the relief of not having to waste any more time on it now.

Life Racing D5 and the new PDU-10 to be ordered very shortly....
Wise man ^

fwiw we all learn from 'mistakes like this' I almost did a similar thing with a similar vendor.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3373123)   #25
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I plugged an AiM Evo4 into my Marelli system which improved it massively. Think you'll find a similar outcome with the D5 and PDU-10.