Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3988697)   #651
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yet I've just received an e mail confirming that the members areas (T17 and cafes) will be open.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3988699)   #652
daviddcamb
Rookie

daviddcamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Danish K-rejser - the big tour operator in Karting Nord and Beusejour has just announced that they have cancelled there tour this year.

they include an interesting map over where the different camps can go to the circuit.

have a look here (even if the text is in danish)

https://www.krejser.dk/rejser/le-man...VR7Ko4P8eKwmO4
Interesting, thanks for posting. So does that mean everyone in the green zone can only watch the track from inside TR?
Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3988701)   #653
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That map is useful, as I am in Garage vert for camping I would be limited to the banking on the inside of Tertre Rouge, but the red area is from the Dunlop Bridge to Tertre Rouge with space inside the track as well. Might have to change camp sites if I can.
Sean
Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3988702)   #654
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are clearly going to be severe limitations on movement. But our group had already said we would put up with that to be at what is likely to be a pretty unique event. Well, hopefully it'll all be OK by 2021.... Some of us have T17 tickets and there is no mention of those with GS tickets losing their seats but it's possible we could be spread to other grandstands. As all of our tickets were bought together, we're hoping that we will be able to stick (reasonably) together, but we're also assuming that there will be very limited movement from our allocated area, and probably no chance to get out to Mulsanne or Arnage to watch from there, which would be a shame. But none of this is really unexpected, if we are to avoid 'closed doors'. If it's too much of a limitation for some, then I guess it's the credit note option for 2021. How the villages are going to work, camping-wise I don't really know but again it makes sense (as Kenn has illustrated) for allocated viewing areas to be close by the relevant campsite. It may well mean that those campsites with no direct view will require different arrangements or they may be closed, possibly?

What will be interesting (for want of a better word) is how many people who were intending to go now change their minds - which, I suspect, is what the ACO is hoping for to get the numbers down to the figure they believe they can manage (and have presumably already agreed with local and national government).
Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3988706)   #655
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seeing it in map form really drives it home and makes it real. And suddenly it feels we were naive to even think it could be anywhere approaching normal.

It's all based on the French 5000 person limit which could change. But you'd have to think that if the ACO go to all this effort to put this in place that they aren't going to suddenly lift it.

I'm in Houx and really don't like that yellow viewing area. Especially if they put in the usual VIP tents along that stretch. Hopefully they won't.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3988708)   #656
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh boy, looking at that map...... I have T17 and Epinette, they are a long way apart, if they don't let me in the grandstand I'll probably pass and ask for a refund.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3988710)   #657
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
think you would have to look at the colors. all with yellow armbands can stay in the yellow area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
How the villages are going to work, camping-wise I don't really know but again it makes sense (as Kenn has illustrated) for allocated viewing areas to be close by the relevant campsite. It may well mean that those campsites with no direct view will require different arrangements or they may be closed, possibly?
Old 16 Jul 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3988713)   #658
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I was expecting the village for us at tertre Rouge would be just the outside of the circuit from the corner to the dunlop bridge but it appears we get a chunk inside and most of the way to the museum so better than i thought. Not sure people in some of the other Villages will be as happy to be honest.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3988716)   #659
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Danish K-rejser - the big tour operator in Karting Nord and Beusejour has just announced that they have cancelled there tour this year.

they include an interesting map over where the different camps can go to the circuit.

have a look here (even if the text is in danish)

https://www.krejser.dk/rejser/le-man...VR7Ko4P8eKwmO4
Is there a higher res version of the map anywhere?
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3988717)   #660
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well I was expecting the village for us at tertre Rouge would be just the outside of the circuit from the corner to the dunlop bridge but it appears we get a chunk inside and most of the way to the museum so better than i thought. Not sure people in some of the other Villages will be as happy to be honest.
If that's correct, you certainly seem to have done pretty well there Simon.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3988720)   #661
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've been touring around the various agencies' websites and other than Kenn's link, I can find nothing other than a couple of links to the ACO's news today. Some of the agencies have no note of it at all yet. I can't find anywhere else that has that map up.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3988722)   #662
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's a comparison. Kenn's map (attached) and the map from the press kit for last year's Test Day (page 7) which is a bit easier to read and may help a little to see what areas have been reduced.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 sept. kort over Le Mans med zone inddeling_619x1011.jpg   img004.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf press-information-24-heures-du-mans-2019.pdf (2.91 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by Aysedasi; 16 Jul 2020 at 14:02.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3988723)   #663
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2020 - one for the completists then it seems.

It's like going to a theme park and only being able to go on one ride - for 4 days!

Really struggling to be positive about this.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3988724)   #664
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Here's a comparison. Kenn's map (attached) and the map from the press kit for last year's Test Day (page 7) which is a bit easier to read and may help a little to see what areas have been reduced.
Green zone viewing seems very small, and not sure how you deconflict with purple?
Had email from 1st Tickets suggesting they'll have some clarity for us in 8-10 days, which will be interesting.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:04 (Ref:3988725)   #665
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
2020 - one for the completists then it seems.

It's like going to a theme park and only being able to go on one ride - for 4 days!

Really struggling to be positive about this.
Not me. If I have to watch the race from one spot, hopefully with a seat, then I'll put up with that. It's a long, long way from ideal, but yes, I guess I'm a completist!

I also have the advantage that I'm not camping, so I won't be stuck in a limited area within the circuit for the whole event.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 16 Jul 2020 at 14:17.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3988726)   #666
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have had an email from 1st Tickets saying they will be in touch in 8 to 10 days to discuss options. As I have a ticker for the Dunlop grandstand it seems I will be offered a move to the camp site in that village. My usual camp site is Garage Vet, which is lumped in with Houx Annex and Einettes in Green Village as far as I can see wnd that village only has the banking on the inside of the circuit from the end of the esses to Tertre Rouge and no grandstand. The allocation of viewing ares does not look at all equitable to me

Sean
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:12 (Ref:3988728)   #667
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a potential green zoner, I think the banking at TR isn't as small as it looks, you can be several people deep on the grass, whereas other areas can only be one person deep along the fencelines, plus other zones have larger areas but with no view of the track (eg. yellow pretty much is just the stand above the pits and a bit of the Ford chicane).
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:34 (Ref:3988732)   #668
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
(eg. yellow pretty much is just the stand above the pits and a bit of the Ford chicane).
I'm not sure yellow zone does include that? It looks like possibly a leftover yellow from the original map to denote the tribune. Not sure. It would make sense if it did include that, as to me it's by far the worst of the zones vs the size of Houx as a camp site.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3988736)   #669
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I presume people will be allowed to go out to shops and restaurants in town whilst there? Also does anyone know whether the trams will be running
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3988740)   #670
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I would have thought so, they can hardly lock you in.... No idea about the tram though.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3988752)   #671
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was reported in Le Maine Libre towards the end of June that the ACO had presented this proposal to local government officials as their plan B, given that the rules regarding large gatherings would not allow a 'normal' Le Mans. Personally, I think it's very creative and although the Le Mans experience will clearly be compromised for spectators, it has given those of us who are desperate enough to be there, regardless of how limited the viewing area we can use will be, the opportunity to be there. I also agree that some of the 'villages' are less compromised than others. I'm interested to know what will happen at Arnage and Mulsanne...will it be just those holding Arnage or Mulsanne camping tickets in those enclosures I wonder?
Old 16 Jul 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3988758)   #672
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I know they won't do this but creating more freedom of movement during the race overnight would be welcome. Given the crowds would naturally thin out. It would give people the ability to access places and appease penned in fans.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 16:26 (Ref:3988762)   #673
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If that's correct, you certainly seem to have done pretty well there Simon.
Looking at the map, and having received the ACO member's email earlier regarding Chapelle and T17 member facilities, I'm guessing the Rouge and Bleu villages will be allocated, in the main, to ACO member's bookings.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3988765)   #674
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There are still loads of questions to be answered by i am sure they will be in the next few weeks. For all those with TR camping or Rouge parking see you in the red zone.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3988771)   #675
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I know they won't do this but creating more freedom of movement during the race overnight would be welcome. Given the crowds would naturally thin out. It would give people the ability to access places and appease penned in fans.
I'm with you there. It could be pretty sparse at Mulsanne and Arnage (and on the roads), but James may well be right that only those camping at those locations will get to the corners. It would also be pretty strange not to get down to Tertre Rouge corner - although it would stop me taking hundreds of photos there that look like the hundreds I took there last year, the year before that, and the year before that, and.....