Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Sep 2020, 09:23 (Ref:4001372)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 10:06 (Ref:4001383)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just back from Halfords. They have everything but the hanger so it'll have to wait for that which may be next week or later. All under warranty and since its only 4 weeks old they'll replace the frame, which suffered impact damage, when one becomes spare.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 10:49 (Ref:4001391)   #78
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll get a bike ready for you Peter. It will have a 50-34 crankset and 11-32 cassette so should get up the hills OK. I see your bike had flat pedals on it. I guess you left it at Halfords. We might have to take a pair of pedals off one of Iain's bikes as "your" bike currently has SPD pedals.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4001397)   #79
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I have cleated shoes, I can loosen the springs. I haven't used them yet but happy to practice. Will get the traveling fridge out so beers are cold for our return.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 17:48 (Ref:4001497)   #80
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone getting to me around 9.30 there will be bacon rolls.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 12:54 (Ref:4001663)   #81
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck to one & all on the bike ride!

I shall be thinking of you as I enjoy my first (and quite possibly last) race meeting of the year at Croix. Hopefully this lovely autumn weather will hold out.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 12:57 (Ref:4001665)   #82
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyone getting to me around 9.30 there will be bacon rolls.
Does that include members of the media who turn up yo cover the event?
Old 11 Sep 2020, 15:16 (Ref:4001688)   #83
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I'll get a bike ready for you Peter. It will have a 50-34 crankset and 11-32 cassette so should get up the hills OK. I see your bike had flat pedals on it. I guess you left it at Halfords. We might have to take a pair of pedals off one of Iain's bikes as "your" bike currently has SPD pedals.
Does it have one very big wheel at the front and a tiny one at the back?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Sep 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4001690)   #84
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Does it have one very big wheel at the front and a tiny one at the back?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Nothing could be farthing from the truth.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4001700)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There is possibly an unnecessary "h" in that post.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 18:09 (Ref:4001718)   #86
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
There is possibly an unnecessary "h" in that post.
Noting???????
Old 11 Sep 2020, 18:11 (Ref:4001719)   #87
bauble
Veteran

England
I am planning to come along to record the event in word and pictures for publication in a motoring magazine.

Hope that is OK with you all.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 18:58 (Ref:4001729)   #88
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Will you come with us on the ride Bob ?. More than welcome. Mike would of been chuffed you are coming along. Double bacon roll for you.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 19:55 (Ref:4001742)   #89
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Will you come with us on the ride Bob ?. More than welcome. Mike would of been chuffed you are coming along. Double bacon roll for you.
No Iain, I will be sneaking around the route with camera poised to catch the weak and the weary walking up hills.

Paparaxxi must be there.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 06:36 (Ref:4001808)   #90
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Paparaxxi must be there.
Not again Bob, I remember the time you papped Mike & I at Snetterton!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone at the bbq, hopefully they’ll be some left by the time I get there.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 09:26 (Ref:4001819)   #91
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Not again Bob, I remember the time you papped Mike & I at Snetterton!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone at the bbq, hopefully they’ll be some left by the time I get there.
Mike knew me as a snapper, and ace journo, so that is how I will pay tribute tomorrow.

Iain, Surtees is on his way, bang another nail in the wall.

details of a family Tribute Calendar to Mike will be available.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4001826)   #92
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess it is already pre-ride bacon rolls time, and you will all be in the saddle soon.
Have a great and safe time all, boys and girls.... and Bob, looking at you for some golden paparazzi moments to share with the rest of us.

I will raise a glass at the appropriate time.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 09:51 (Ref:4001828)   #93
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You're a day early!
Old 12 Sep 2020, 09:55 (Ref:4001830)   #94
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You're a day early!
Lol Whoops. Thanks Peter. Cant even get away with that one on timezones! My message stands for tomorrow then!
Old 12 Sep 2020, 10:00 (Ref:4001831)   #95
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wish everyone Happy Pedalling; and not too many sore bums!

Mike's forever in my thoughts.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 10:43 (Ref:4001841)   #96
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to everyone taking part in this, and serve you right if it's harder work than you expected, Mike would have told you to lay off the bacon butties! I can't join you due to a longstanding family arrangement, but I will be out on my bike for a couple of hours from 8am so will be pedalling with you and Mike in spirit and will raise a glass of Leffe at lunch. Here's to you Mike......
Old 12 Sep 2020, 16:48 (Ref:4001886)   #97
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Here's you ride for tomorrow Peter

...I can remove the top tube bag if you like but it has a convenient storage place for your mobile if you've downloaded the route. Ride With GPS does give route guidance.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 17:52 (Ref:4001903)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nice! Cleats affixed to shoes. A bit of practice before we set off should be OK.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 18:33 (Ref:4001915)   #99
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I did look at my Cirrus Cycles Bianchi this evening but will probably stick to my faithful Specialized for tomorrow. Burgers,sausages and bacon all ready. Very much looking forward to tomorrow. Happy days.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 18:34 (Ref:4001916)   #100
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Quote:
Nice! Cleats affixed to shoes. A bit of practice before we set off should be OK.
Just make sure you unclip both feet at a junction until you feel confident you'll come down on the right side. Saying for a friend...