Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1268684)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Webber's podium - will it ever come?

Malaysia, a tangle with Fisi over a podium place, now today, off the circuit (for whatever reason) when in another podium position

How long's Mark going to have to wait for his podium, especially with the speed, of Alonso's Renault, Trulli seems to be making the 2nd spot his own and the McLaren's have finally showed their potential.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1268688)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a couple of races

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1268689)   #3
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber will get there......sooner rather than later
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1268692)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know, but it will be fun to watch.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1268699)   #5
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll happen in the next few races, despite some mishaps in the last couple of grands prix he's showed himself to have the race craft and talent to mix with the recognised 'superstars' of F1. He just needs that podium to finally silence the critics I think.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1268743)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What caused the spin for Mark today?

Mark has shown what he's made of.....I thought his racecraft, aggression and everything was top notch today. He should have had a podium.

I hope his spin was down to technical problems.......because it was a pretty dumb error if it wasn't.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1268746)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure was a strange spin, but other than that, his race was okay but the McLarens were irresistable.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1268813)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No specifics on the spin, but an early quote from Webber.
http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=43334&s=5
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...03165143.shtml
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webber
It was a tough race for me, unfortunately with about 20 laps to go I had a spin at turn 10 when I was running third and I lost two positions.

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Apr 2005 at 15:20.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1268822)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'll come eventually, no doubt he has the car and talent. Just missing luck right now...
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1268827)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qualifying well, backwards in the race.

Sums up his last few seasons.

Probably car-related though.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1268831)   #11
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it wasn't coming today - Kimi had him well and truly covered - probably cost him 4th tho'.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1268837)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

So near yet so far. Saw the aggression against PDLR but he shouldn't have been there in the first place. If that sounds harsh its not meant to be but jeez, when is this guy going to get his obviously talented act together?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1268863)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, it was pretty clear the Williams wasn't the car to have today but I'm sure Mark will have his chance in the races to come.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1268885)   #14
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep i agree

williams havent got the car quite right but they will soon
Old 3 Apr 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1268890)   #15
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given some luck he should get a podium soon. I dont think its going to be easy for him though unless Williams step up the development. Renualt, Toyota and Mclaren seem to have the goods ahead of Williams atm. And dare i say Ferrari will soon be there as well, so unless Mark gets some luck its going to get harder and harder to get that podium let alone a win.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 3 Apr 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1268896)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark needs two things to get a podium.......a little more luck and a better race day performance.

Fundamentally, he is very good. We know that. His qualifying lap on Saturday was mesmerising for example.

But he has long had a characteristic in races where he falls back a little. And this is going back to watching him in f3000. He would often be prodigious in qualifying and then get blown into the weeds on race day by Justin Wilson.

He needs to improve then.....but improvement isn't so far away. He will learn and get better.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1268939)   #17
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is he good enough?
Given that he is so highly rated why has it taken this long?

Will it ever come?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1268953)   #18
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be increasingly difficult for podiums, as there are a lot of pretty evenly matched teams out there, even without Ferrari in the mix. Like the Red Bull situation, they need to get points and podiums as early as possible in the season, and I think that window of opportuntity is closing now. Toyota are better than anyone dared hope this year and Renault won't drop off by much, if anything. Being in the top 3 will be a major achievement for anyone this year.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1268971)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He will eventually get a podium... he seems like one of those who is blinding quick over a single lap but just fades a little as the race wears on....

He also has had some rotten luck over his career.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1268976)   #20
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think he's as good as some believe, but Webber on the podium is surely just a matter of time.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1269186)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am starting to wonder about the Williams Package... it couldnt keep up the laptimes, being a second or so off the cars immediately behind (till they got past) and 2 seconds off Alonso....

Not very good....

Especially as Heidfeld's seemed equally as slow...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1269200)   #22
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esorniloc
Given that he is so highly rated why has it taken this long?
He hasn't had the car to do it with for that long.

It'll happen. Heidfeld was on the podium last time. Webber will get there too - within one or two races is my guess.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1269207)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not so sure when Webber will get a podium.

No doubt the Ferrari's will be nearer the front once they iron out those issues, and the Toyota seems, not hugely, but slightly a better car than the Williams. It may be that there's just no space on the podium for a Williams for a time to come.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1269243)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I am starting to wonder about the Williams Package... it couldnt keep up the laptimes, being a second or so off the cars immediately behind (till they got past) and 2 seconds off Alonso....

Not very good....

Especially as Heidfeld's seemed equally as slow...
The thing is, the Williams in NH's hands managed a podium in Malaysia, just seems to be that MW is trying too hard to get it to me.

I believe MW's situation is very much like Button's last year, he needs to make that hurdle, then more will come easily.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1269247)   #25
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget we're only three races into the season - it's a little too early to pass judgement. I don't think one M. Schumacher will go the entire season without a podium either.