Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Mar 2001, 15:33 (Ref:67595)   #1
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just thinking, if the entry list doesn't increase will they axe the series. To make me go back to the series as a regular supporter I would like 20 cars+. Currently i will go to 2 or 3 rounds this year (Donnington and Silverstone as they are close to me) but would go to more if the show was better.
If the series does fail i hope they don't opt for super production rules, as the cars look boring, sound boring and are not spectacular to watch.
Old 2 Mar 2001, 15:48 (Ref:67597)   #2
Bring Back The Cavaliers
Racer

Bring Back The Cavaliers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be no seperate races this year, so i can't see that happening. Good healthy grids. And think positive mate, it's a new era.
Old 2 Mar 2001, 17:28 (Ref:67620)   #3
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard West is talking to 3 manufactuers for 2002
Old 2 Mar 2001, 18:05 (Ref:67632)   #4
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you're wrong, Sodemo. Think about it, we have the following cars signed up for this year's BTCT;

4 888 Vauxhall Astra's
3 VLR Pug 406's
4 JSM Alfa 147's
2 ABG Lexus IS200's

That's 13 entries for every round-more than last year. Plus there will be 2 MG's entering mid-season (15) and maybe a couple of Volvo's for the last few rounds (17). Think positive!

P.S. What do you mean no combined races? Are we just now having a single sprint race for both classes as well as the feature?
Old 2 Mar 2001, 18:45 (Ref:67646)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All good things must come to an end and that was Super Touring. If the new rules had not been brought in the BTCC would not exist in a year or two.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 17:49 (Ref:68491)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
So what do you think now the entry list has been posted?
Old 6 Mar 2001, 13:34 (Ref:68858)   #7
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want the series to fail, but by next year we need at least 20 cars, and it does look promising. Id be very suprised if we don't see more of the class B cars "graduating" to class A. Plus this years Peugeot and Vauxhalls will be sold to privateers for next season (not sure about alfa's though).

I also hope we see a couple more manufacturers, BMW and VW are my bets.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 13:45 (Ref:68862)   #8
Foolsgold
Rookie

Foolsgold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give Richard West time to evolve the series. From what I can gather he has some very exciting plans which should see Touring Cars taken into a new era appealing to newer target markets and even more manufactures.

In addition are BBC really likley to drop Touring Cars given that they lost F1 to ITV, they also have a vested interest in the series working and being a success.

Look forward to a season closer and more exciting than we have had for a number of years. Remember the battles between Soper and Cleland...those days are coming back again!!
Old 6 Mar 2001, 13:58 (Ref:68865)   #9
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully, the new rules will take the BTCC back to where it was a few years ago, rather than what we had last year.
It's important to remain positive about it- the BTCC has been here before, in the mid-80's it was struggling to get 12-13 car entries, and looked set for the axe at one point.

If most of the entered cars do a full season, them we've got capacity grids this year- it's looking good