Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Feb 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3031421)   #1326
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
The car and its future were discussed, but no hasty decisions will be made, or announced.
Is it likely he'll be at Easter this year? I did enjoy watching the yellow lambo disappear into the distance every 5 or 6 laps or so last year
Old 26 Feb 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3031589)   #1327
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
.... ultimately a DNF due to failed lambda (apparently).

Please Explain
Old 26 Feb 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3031591)   #1328
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_sensor
Old 26 Feb 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3031598)   #1329
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Then Al rejoined right in front of the Scudd lambo, initially blocking progress, and rightly received at elast 10 blue flags that i saw with my own eyes from my hotel balcony... He SHOULD have had a drive through penalty for disobeying blue flags...
F1 only rule, surely? In any other class of racing blue flags are merely advisory.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3031603)   #1330
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks like they will change the date for next years race so more Australian gt entries can compete.

Was a great weekend. Felt like there was a few more people here this year.

James O'brien needs to do somthing to at least get 15 Gt cars for next years race. Should be at least 35 cars to run a 12 hour.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3031615)   #1331
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
Firstly , thank you to all teams that entered cars, particularly those that travelled from overseas.

What a joy to listen to a ferrari 458 for 12 full hours... awesome sounding car. Dare I say as good as a 360GT !

The weather really tore up the field today. A shame to see most of the GT field ended up.in the fence this weekend.

Note to Mr Obrien.. do whatever you can to encourage local GT involvement.
We need 20 GT CLASS A cars next year..
Everyone who comes loves the place , so start work tomorrow to make 2013 the greatest race we have seen.

It's now or never . Double the entry or give the management of the event to someone who can.

A field of 25 cars next year is just not an acceptable situation.
Agree. size of the field was bad. Hopefully next year international teams who say they are going to come actually come down.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3031642)   #1332
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Is it likely he'll be at Easter this year? I did enjoy watching the yellow lambo disappear into the distance every 5 or 6 laps or so last year
No way. For several reasons.

Firstly, the rule makers have deemed cars like Teds ineligible for the easter event anyway, but Teds car needs re-shelling, and people must remember its a part time team. His crew work chemicals 9-5.

The car will take perhaps 1000 hours to fix, plus parts...
Old 26 Feb 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3031643)   #1333
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I figured it would be a long shot

Is there a lot that would need to be done to meet 2B regs (accident aside of course)?
Old 26 Feb 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3031649)   #1334
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
I figured it would be a long shot

Is there a lot that would need to be done to meet 2B regs (accident aside of course)?
Not too much..... Aero and wheel width reduction mainly, but not interested in mongrelising it.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3031654)   #1335
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
ff s conscience seen you have a background in racing what do you think the organisers can do to attract more gt cars?? will you be back for next year??
Old 26 Feb 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3031663)   #1336
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
ff s conscience seen you have a background in racing what do you think the organisers can do to attract more gt cars?? will you be back for next year??
More girls, less clothing

As I.ve said before, split it into 2 x6 hours, double the chance of a result for everyone thats spent so much to get there.

And get proper tv deal.

The speed place captions and info were rubbish. I wanted to know laps and times..... Ie, who's fast, who has a chance to catch? Just show the timing screens from natsoft.

As for next year, probably, is all i'm going to say.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3031667)   #1337
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
More girls, less clothing

As I.ve said before, split it into 2 x6 hours, double the chance of a result for everyone thats spent so much to get there.

And get proper tv deal.

The speed place captions and info were rubbish. I wanted to know laps and times..... Ie, who's fast, who has a chance to catch? Just show the timing screens from natsoft.

As for next year, probably, is all i'm going to say.
Hopefully next year the Radio Le mans team will be down. its good they have now made the race mid feb so more aussie gt teams can compete. i reckon they should show the first 3 hours on speed and the last 3 hours on speed.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3031670)   #1338
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be interesting to know if Tony Quinn was spotted on the weekend at all.

I stayed home and watched most of the race on UStream which was very good but the car numbers and crowd numbers were very poor.

I hope this does not have a flow on effect with the GT series (spectator numbers)

I think the overseas drivers did very well especially Blekomelon and Slade did well over the double stint

Perhaps Garry Rogers was too quick with the trigger Blekomelon would be better
Old 26 Feb 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3031674)   #1339
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
what... like Vettel, Or Schuey for instance??

Team to blame for pitting error. The radio traffic was simply embarrassing for them. Which continued with the out lap and re-pit to clear the error...

You never came to say hi osrg... or did you???? I still got no idea which one you are.....
Phil, I've never questioned Simonsen's ability behind any wheel, let alone a 458 GT3 car. The lap at Sprint was mega, as was his outright record yesterday.... I just feel that if you've DNF'd the race that a more restrained post thanking the team for their efforts (irrespective of the drama's and mistakes made) and let's have a crack next year etc would have come across much more humble than that wanky effort.

Oh, and you still have no idea who I am? That's just the way I like it😜
Old 26 Feb 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3031681)   #1340
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Phil, I've never questioned Simonsen's ability behind any wheel, let alone a 458 GT3 car. The lap at Sprint was mega, as was his outright record yesterday.... I just feel that if you've DNF'd the race that a more restrained post thanking the team for their efforts (irrespective of the drama's and mistakes made) and let's have a crack next year etc would have come across much more humble than that wanky effort.

Oh, and you still have no idea who I am? That's just the way I like it😜
Allans ability is beyond question, so to do so would be foolish. His performance yesterday was particularly good, for all kinds of reasons.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3031691)   #1341
Trustno1
Rookie

Trustno1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Allans ability is beyond question, so to do so would be foolish. His performance yesterday was particularly good, for all kinds of reasons.
Not sure u can same the same abouts Ted's -in ideal conditions
Old 27 Feb 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3031695)   #1342
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustno1 View Post
Not sure u can same the same abouts Ted's -in ideal conditions
Sorry, I missed most of the race, did no one crash, or make a mistake?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 00:33 (Ref:3031698)   #1343
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to really feel for Ted I'm sure he would be more upset about letting the team and drivers down.

Perhaps he can still enjoy his racing in state rounds etc in a similar spec car and manage the team in the big events like Bathurst or GT series with another driver in the car eg Conkers.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 00:52 (Ref:3031700)   #1344
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some related pics from the event

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
..... and crowd numbers were very poor.
I don't know how it looked on tv, but at the track, considering what the crowds are like at anything non-V8Supercar, the crowd numbers i thought looked pretty good. There were particularly a high number of campers it seemed.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3031703)   #1345
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
How about a little carrott to chew on everyone....?

Ok, when you pump out fuel for a capacity check, you have to prove the car is empty, which is hard to do.

The method used this year was simply to start it up, to prove it either won't start, or barely starts etc....

Anyway... car 1 idled for 12 minutes ( and was eventually shut off, it didn't die) depite being "empty".......

Discuss.....

Of course, with the weather interferance, economy wasn't a particualr factor, but it COULD have been.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3031704)   #1346
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just home this morning after overnighting at Cowra (the tent had fulfilled its purpose, and one more night would have been one too many!). And it is STILL wet

Watching the start was amazing, I spent half an hour there before wandering over to the Chase - watching the sparks from the Audi brakes, and seeing the disks glowing. Haven't checked the photos yet, I hope there are some nice ones.

Then to Murrays, and Hell. Watched the Lambo bin it, and the Fazza retire. I was surprised at the lack of action there, everyone was pretty careful. The highlight here was, in a break in traffic, listening to the Ferrari accelerate all the way up to Griffins. Standing immediately behind the car you get the full effect of the exhaust note, and the "pop" of the gear changes. The intensity of the noise is almost at Formula One levels, and put everything else to shame.

I then drove up on top of the mountain, sadly for the organisers, I was spoilt for choice for a parking spot!

Considering track conditions, the pace of the leading cars across the top was very impressive. Also, with a few exceptions, the backmarkers handled the quick cars with a suitable level of respect. For a while, visibility was quite poor, especially with the amount of spray being thrown up. It was the first time that I can recall a white flag being shown for a competitor travelling at speed, as opposed to a damaged car or a car returning to the pits with a flat tyre. However, it was a good move on the part of the flaggies in the light of the speed differentials and poor visibility.

The commitment of the leading trio across the top, and from Skyline to Forest's Elbow, made spectating in those conditions very rewarding. Listening to the power go down out of the Dipper, and particularly out of Forest's Elbow, showed that these guys were not just fighting to finish but fighting to finish in front of the others.

Virtually every lap the Ferrari rear end would step out as the power went down. Interestingly, the exhaust note did not change as the TC kicked in, the system must be much more sophisticated than the ignition cut for the up shift, as there was a distinct bang with every shift.

I haven't taken a lot of notice of this race in the past, but I think that I will be back next year.

I won't offer the organisers any advice to the field next year, or improving crowd attendance, but I do think that some of the marshalling could have been better. At least one of the posts up top had basically packed up a couple of laps from the end (I know, it was a long, unpleasant day, but things can and do happen in the last few laps), and the responsiveness of another post (down below) left a lot to be desired.

I don't know what you do about the behaviour of competitors at accident scenes, as a clubman competitor myself I understand the tension between maintaining my competitive position against the cars in front of me and behind me, and the need to slow for the waved yellow. However, there was a lot of dangerous driving, particularly during the recovery of the Lambo when I would not have been surprised to see somebody replicate his manoeuvre with disastrous, and potentially fatal, results. The fact that both these incidents occurred at or close to the pit exit complicated the marshals' job, and the potential for a really nasty incident to occur.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:31 (Ref:3031705)   #1347
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How about a little carrott to chew on everyone....?

Ok, when you pump out fuel for a capacity check, you have to prove the car is empty, which is hard to do.

The method used this year was simply to start it up, to prove it either won't start, or barely starts etc....

Anyway... car 1 idled for 12 minutes ( and was eventually shut off, it didn't die) depite being "empty".......

Discuss.....

Of course, with the weather interferance, economy wasn't a particualr factor, but it COULD have been.
Simple. Disconnect fuel line after fuel pump. Pump into container. Measure.

Or have I missed something?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3031706)   #1348
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Why has this post been accepted, and my other (asyet unseen) post gone off to be moderated?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3031707)   #1349
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Simple. Disconnect fuel line after fuel pump. Pump into container. Measure.

Or have I missed something?
I think you missed something.

A pump out is never TRULY empty, we all know that, but if you claim to be empty, surely your car shouldn't run?

As I said though, turned out it didn't matter much I don't think.... but that's not the point.

Same car driver seeding also a bit iffy IMO too....

Last edited by ff s conscience; 27 Feb 2012 at 01:52.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 02:06 (Ref:3031720)   #1350
kingers
Racer

kingers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bad luck also to Scudd and crew, was cheering for them for a while there too, although, after what Mr Park said to me not 30 seconds after Teds shunt, all I can say is Karma is a biyatch Mr Park..... Ted won an hour race at Bathurst as recently as Easter, and Park crashed at Sprint Bathurst already, so what he said must be echoing around his empty head right now. Bad luck Scudd and Russell. You deserved better.
Yikes... a bit rich? Mr Park is a very accomplished race car driver with vast experience in alot of mega dollar cars. He has acknowledged his mistake put his hand up, so there should be no real reason to rant on like a nufty.