Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Dec 2014, 03:16 (Ref:3485945)   #51
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Cozier View Post
What would a UK circuit cost to hire for a 2-day rallycross event?

GC
Greg;
It varies between circuits and between btrda and brc...

However for an "elite" MSA British Championship event, with tv coverage on a circuit such as L/Hill, Croft or Knockhill, you are looking at between £20-£30k for a 2 day meeting!!!!!
Old 18 Dec 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3485992)   #52
RobScott
Rookie

RobScott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I guess as a non driving, organising fan I have absolutely no contribution to make then.

Thankyou and goodbye

Welcome fans to the BTRDA members only rallycross forum!

Dear Lord, gets more like historic section every day
err, yes, we have asked for your help and input, but it seems your would rather put a downer on it, than pull your finger out and do something productive.

You have opinions.. and we have actually asked for your help, not told you to get lost, so I don't get where your coming from?

As a new stand alone championship we appreciate feedback, but going on about 'the good old days' is tiring. We are moving forward, adapting to changes, trying to give what the competitors and fans want.

Maybe if you actually came to some events, walked the pits, chatted to the competitors, you would see the atmosphere is buzzing.
In my first year of rallycross, I have made so many friends, everyone is willing to help each other out. At croft, it was packed with spectators, we talked to them, told them how to get into rallycross, answered their questions etc. We encourage the fans to chat to us, let their kids sit in the car etc.

Last edited by RobScott; 18 Dec 2014 at 09:25.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3486181)   #53
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not against any series. You seem to think this.

I just do not think rallycross is able to survive as it once did. LIke a lot of sports. But I do think there are ways to get it there again. It just takes a stiff hand to stop the pathetic squabbling over the embers of a once great motorsport to maybe kick start it again.

I do go to events, but admittedly the marquee ones these days. I do not have a track on my doorstep sadly, Lydden is the closest to me and that is 100 miles, so am not likely to travel hundreds of miles to watch the current types of cars and events sadly. Atmosphere has always been great, I have not said anything about the drivers and what they are doing.

What is being offered is about as good as it is going to get. But for me and one or two others here it does not amount to much as a fan. As a driver fair enough. But it is not a spectacle really.

Rallycross used to look great on telly and live. Like a lot of championships, it has struggled to adapt though little fault of its own in all fairness. Sadly in this world, there are things that engage still. I will not list them but they are there, and some of them are more clubman than rallycross.

So, please understand, if you think it's great fair enough, You are involved. As a fee paying customer I do not think the series warrants the spin you put on it. That is all.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3487219)   #54
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
I keep reading the same things over and over again, how many times has folkrace been mentioned in the last ten years, folkrace is not the answer.
yes we all know that cost is a huge thing, and that folkrace is cheap, but why is that?
The one thing that keeps the costs high in this country is not the MSA, it is not the organisers, it is not even insurance. It is circuit hire.
If you want to run folkrace in this country you need to find new non race circuit venues, and that is very hard to do believe me....
Folkrace not the answer - why not?

No venues? Well, do you know how many autograss venues there are around the country? Loads. Just about every rural county has at least one. Most of the big meetings attract a lot more fans and participants than rallycross and often need a lot more space.

The problem is the BTRDA group seem to dismiss the ideas of people who are outside the inner circle. So why would you bother giving your time if organisers aren't prepared to look at ideas that people put forward?
Old 28 Dec 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3488288)   #55
baldtom
Racer

England
West Sussex
baldtom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all

I've read ALL the threads on here hoping to find out some info......
So I thought I'd be a bit radical and post something related to the topic!!

How many cars are there in each of the classes??

What classes are there??

Good to hear that numbers are going up.... I'm going to try and get to a few rounds if I can
Old 29 Dec 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3488404)   #56
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tom

If you want to try rallycross, BTRDA clubmans is the best place, they will never turn anyone away.

Probably even try and make a class juts for you!
Old 29 Dec 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3488412)   #57
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great list of cars coming together for the 2015 BTRDA Championship

Lots of new cars, new drivers, should be an action packed Championship;

http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com/2015-drivers.html
Old 2 Jan 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3489485)   #58
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Interesting

Good to see Kevin McCanns name there - I assume that's with the 'new' Impreza? Also good to see Mike Dresser back in action - in a Civic though? Where's the Metro? That thing was incredible!
Old 2 Jan 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3489487)   #59
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Folkrace not the answer - why not?

No venues? Well, do you know how many autograss venues there are around the country? Loads. Just about every rural county has at least one. Most of the big meetings attract a lot more fans and participants than rallycross and often need a lot more space.

The problem is the BTRDA group seem to dismiss the ideas of people who are outside the inner circle. So why would you bother giving your time if organisers aren't prepared to look at ideas that people put forward?
Because whether you like it or not rallycross here in the UK falls under the auspices of the MSA, and the venues have to be approved by them.
Autograss circuits are not.

Believe me the BTRDA commitee do not dismiss anyones ideas.
You would not believe how many different and off the wall ideas have been looked into, and how many possible new venues have been looked at.
Almost every one has had major problems associated.
Old 2 Jan 2015, 12:24 (Ref:3489490)   #60
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Good to see Kevin McCanns name there - I assume that's with the 'new' Impreza?
I really hope that car is finished for 2015: it's been work in progress for far too long now Kev!
Old 5 Jan 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3490074)   #61
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
Because whether you like it or not rallycross here in the UK falls under the auspices of the MSA, and the venues have to be approved by them.
Autograss circuits are not..
Sure, I realise that but given that the MSA sanctioned a temporary rallycross track marked out by plastic bollards in a London car park some years back there must be some room for a discussion about how existing autocross/autograss venues might be adapted?

Folkrace is really only a modified form of autocross - and that does operate under long-established MSA rules with no problem. MSA track regs for autocross aren't that onerous. Again there must be room for discussion about how autocross regs could develop more in a folkrace direction?