Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3870890)   #2301
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Not really - more that Jason doesn't say things randomly, he's a shrewd operator and when he says something it's for a reason (eg; "rwd need to be pegged back", "Honda have too much boost" etc. etc.). He knows how to "play the game" - so "shenanigans" covers it quite well I'd have thought.
Yeah he's really going to pull a stunt that would cost him, Ash and others gainfull employment,
you realise he only plays the bad guy,he's not actually really like that in the real world.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3870892)   #2302
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Yeah he's really going to pull a stunt that would cost him, Ash and others gainfull employment,
you realise he only plays the bad guy,he's not actually really like that in the real world.
Oh great, the guy defending Plato against everything (even things he hasn't been blamed of!) from the btccforum is here....

Nobody is blaming him for the possible downfall of the team. But he's clearly got his mates to get a bit of publicity here.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3870893)   #2303
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Oh great, the guy defending Plato against everything (even things he hasn't been blamed of!) from the btccforum is here....

Nobody is blaming him for the possible downfall of the team. But he's clearly got his mates to get a bit of publicity here.
not a member of that forum,
Your missing the point entirely.
I can't dumb it down any lower fpr you, I'm afraid of heights.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3870894)   #2304
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He even extends the act to punting other drivers off the circuit - that's commitment to a role!
Old 17 Dec 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3870904)   #2305
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
not a member of that forum,
Your missing the point entirely.
I can't dumb it down any lower fpr you, I'm afraid of heights.
Oh I see. You're just another sheep then.

Anyway..... Still no response from the double champ on this tweet last night.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 17:44 (Ref:3870914)   #2306
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://twitter.com/motorbase/status...749918208?s=21

By no means solid evidence, but it looks like James Cole's Ticketmaster decals have gone from the front of the Focus whilst others have been left on.

Probably coincidental but why not add to the rumours!
It still has the Dunlop logo on the number plate so I wouldn't necessarily read too much into it.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3870919)   #2307
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Warren has 21 days from the date of the order to lodge an appeal, unless he has found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow or there is a serious legal technicality then I can’t see an appeal working.
Order is dated 15th November and published 23rd Nov.

Whichever date you use, that 21 day period has already been and gone.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3870932)   #2308
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Epps appears to be testing a Ginetta GT4 with Team HARD. Possibly GT4 Supercup or British GT for him by the looks of things.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Dec 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3870934)   #2309
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://twitter.com/motorbase/status...749918208?s=21

By no means solid evidence, but it looks like James Cole's Ticketmaster decals have gone from the front of the Focus whilst others have been left on.

Probably coincidental but why not add to the rumours!
I have heard a few rumours now that Cole isn’t and won’t be at Motorbase, so you may well be right regarding the logo’s.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3870935)   #2310
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Then why use the word "shenanigans" ?

That is hinting that you think a part in Mr Scotts downfall was Jason,
No it's not. Shenanigans - 'silly or high-spirited mischief'.
It has not been claimed that Plato has been involved in 'bringing down Warren Scott'. Just that his posts are connected to some mischief in relation to the current situation with his 2019 drive. And that he has done similar in the past.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 19:07 (Ref:3870944)   #2311
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Plato
Interesting choice of username... Almost had me hoping we would see JP turn up to tell us how it is like he did on prison heads that time lol
Old 17 Dec 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3870946)   #2312
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eliza Pratley has deleted her tweet... Back to a random post every 3 or 4 months now her work is done
Old 17 Dec 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3870947)   #2313
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Interesting choice of username... Almost had me hoping we would see JP turn up to tell us how it is like he did on prison heads that time lol
What can I say, His philosophy touches me more then Aristotle .
Old 17 Dec 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3870948)   #2314
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a frenzy this has turned into all because the internet has revealed stuff thats been going on in all forms of racing for years , from the top level to the lower level , fraudsters , drug smugglers ,crooks and thugs its full of it , Bankruptcy means nothing , neither does a prison sentence ,people come back year after year . In this case all the engineers and staff, the drivers the team managers all play a part in draining the finances of a team they think has a bottomless money pit, it happens every year as people cash in thinking it will buy them championship glory .

lets just get on with racing cars fair and square, Im not interested in a farmer thats spent millions for a tin trophy when there are smaller teams just getting on with pure passion for racing , business is business and racing is racing .

racing will never be a long term business its got bankruptcy written all over it if its allowed to run out of control .
Old 17 Dec 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3870950)   #2315
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
I couldn't care less what happens as long as Ashley and Jason find a drive if BMR end up wound up,
Old 17 Dec 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3870955)   #2316
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

Piston Heads hahaha I just realised my autocorrect
Old 17 Dec 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3870959)   #2317
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think BMR Racing is in any danger at the moment, unless creditors know otherwise, from the situation of Warren Scott.

BMR Racing is a separate legal entity of which Warren Scott Racing has a controlling shareholding. Warren Scott and Robert Scott are directors (as of 11th November 2018) of BMR Racing. Warren will not be allowed to be a director if he is disqualified as a bankrupt, hence why Robert Scott appeared on the scene days before the bankruptcy order, to enable the businesses to carry on.

The bankruptcy order is against Warren Scott individually, and if he has any sense, he will have signed over/sold all his chattels personal to one of his companies/wife/Robert Scott so if Bailiffs come calling the only thing they can legally remove that he owns, is the lint from his bellybutton.

He will continue to live in the farm mortgaged to the bank, the contents of which are not owned by him, so at worst this is going to be an inconvenience for 1 year and basically hard luck to the creditors.

Last edited by mark_l; 17 Dec 2018 at 20:20.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3870962)   #2318
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
It's basically a non event, other than for Warren. It does not, or is very unlikely to, have any negative effect on the race team.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3870969)   #2319
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It's basically a non event, other than for Warren. It does not, or is very unlikely to, have any negative effect on the race team.

I would normally agree, but you have to admit its very strange for various B list media pals of Jason to suddenly pick up on a tweet from a nobody that none of them follow and start a social media storm about it.
Negative tweets, rumours and the like are all around twitter, often including @Jason and its just odd for these people (who you would A. expect to be media savvy enough to just say the right thing without getting into trouble, and B. assume know Jason well enough to have his number) to start taking this to the public with such distress.

Paul O'Neill summed this up best as: https://twitter.com/PaulONeill29/sta...16406169640960

Especially when you consider the twitter account the initial tweet about Warren Scott came from has only tweeted a few times times in almost 2 years so doesnt strike me as the most credible, hot off the press poster, and despite the bio claiming to be BTCC mad seems to have rather a reserved interest.
The first tweet made was a photo where she happened to be standing with the person who passed Jason a pint when he retired at Silverstone a couple of years back which suggests they are being a bit disingenuous about the question they asked of BMR/Warren.

The team can and probably will still run, but this just seems a very odd series of moves when you start connecting the dots, .... but what do I know, If this is the game, it wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly saw random celebs Les Dennis and Claudia Winkleman asking Jason if the Kia deal is on now

Last edited by btccbloke; 17 Dec 2018 at 21:30.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3870974)   #2320
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The team can and probably will still run, but this just seems a very odd series of moves when you start connecting the dots, .... but what do I know, If this is the game, it wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly saw random celebs Les Dennis and Claudia Winkleman asking Jason if the Kia deal is on now
I thought Les and Claudia were driving for the soon to be announced Kia works entry with the 2 TOCA loan TBL's
Old 17 Dec 2018, 22:19 (Ref:3870980)   #2321
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
@btccbloke

Indeed, somebody decided they wanted Warrens personal circumstance telegraphed around. And that somebody has gone about it in a circuitous route.

If somebody had wanted to be "clever" they could have made an anonymous post on a forum such as this one.
Old 18 Dec 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3871078)   #2322
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Plato has been on twitter about 11 hours ago... not a word about it
Old 18 Dec 2018, 11:12 (Ref:3871086)   #2323
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Plato has been on twitter about 11 hours ago... not a word about it
He doesn't need to, his minions have done the hatchet job for him. He can feel smug without having stirred the excrement himself
Old 18 Dec 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3871087)   #2324
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't paste the announcement, but Renault have announced this morning that next year will be the last for the Clio Cup UK. They're not going to support it past the end of the current contract.

Place bets now on which series "moves up" to replace it...
Old 18 Dec 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3871088)   #2325
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4th Gen Clio is probably up for replacement in the next 12 months I'd wager, so makes sense. Maybe no RenaultSport version of whatever comes next ... probably an SUV? The market loves SUVs apparently.