Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jul 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2499417)   #101
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummmm, most of those here defending this, and saying he should of got out of the way, are neglecting the fact that Whincup was passing another car into the corner.... How was Jack supposed to have seen the car speeding at a million miles an hour into the turn, that prorably wasnt in his mirror prior to the apex? I actually feel Whincup may have gone wide (or close to) and possibly have punted off...was it Fiore or Slade he passed??
Old 11 Jul 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2499419)   #102
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker

Team teflon = scared officals.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2499422)   #103
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Ummmm, most of those here defending this, and saying he should of got out of the way, are neglecting the fact that Whincup was passing another car into the corner.... How was Jack supposed to have seen the car speeding at a million miles an hour into the turn, that prorably wasnt in his mirror prior to the apex? I actually feel Whincup may have gone wide (or close to) and possibly have punted off...was it Fiore or Slade he passed??
Doesnt that work both ways. how was whincup meant to see a driver who was way over the other side of the track and who drove from one side of the track to the other. Racing room was not left and he should have yeilded
Old 11 Jul 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2499425)   #104
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Courtneys back tomorrow,its going to be which Ford will win....
Old 11 Jul 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2499446)   #105
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Perkins is a mobile chicane and shouldn't even be on the same track!
Nah he is a solid racer and a Perkins, and doesn't have the massive karting and openwheeler background that the Patrizis and Carusos have. How much Fujitsu racing did Caruso do again? Given a few more seasons, Perkins will be right on the pace. Dodo seem to be happy with the car getting in the mix and on the telly.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2499453)   #106
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Doesnt that work both ways. how was whincup meant to see a driver who was way over the other side of the track and who drove from one side of the track to the other. Racing room was not left and he should have yeilded
Ummmm, He was in front of him?? He really did get some speed up there, and I do beleive the other guy pulled aside for him, but Jack was just taking the usual line, and there was no way that Whincup was anywhere near his bumper until the apex. Ergo, Whincup was nowhere near him, but would have surely seen him.

I don't know how he didn't pull up to be honest, unless of course, he was out of control.... In which case, he should have copped a penalty?
Old 11 Jul 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2499457)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
perkins is 2nd last in the championship of the drivers who have completed all races.

the 4th Kelly racing car car driven by two rookies has scored as many points as perkins
Old 11 Jul 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2499471)   #108
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So should we get rid of all the cars outside the top 15? maybe outside the top 10? what about just have whincup drive around?

Whincups move reminded me of winterbottoms 'i had no brakes left' move at the fly away round last year. To which, he should have braked sooner maybe.

Confirms what i said in another thread that whincup loses his cool around other cars.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2499475)   #109
JT.
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
JT. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaife2 View Post
are u serious,so everyone can take out lapped cars tomorrow?????
only if you drive for 888
Old 11 Jul 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2499488)   #110
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'll tell you what, young Perkins is becoming as bad as Skaife when it comes to holding the leaders up.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2499497)   #111
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Footage of the Whincup Perkins coming together...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 11 Jul 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2499499)   #112
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Footage of the Whincup Perkins coming together...

No doubt about it, little Jack in the box was in the way
Old 11 Jul 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2499500)   #113
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime View Post
No doubt about it, little Jack in the box was in the way
Just as i thought, how dare a race driver take the apex of a corner.

Just like Marcos' 'tell him to move, we have a championship to win'
Old 11 Jul 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2499684)   #114
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Just as i thought, how dare a race driver take the apex of a corner.

Just like Marcos' 'tell him to move, we have a championship to win'
No harm done......it's not as if it has cost Perkins a shot at the championship.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2499720)   #115
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sidenote - is this the same track that Mr Crompton, Mr Skaife and Mr Davison were talking up all week?

As after 200km it is no Bathurst, nor PI, nor OP, nor Symmons Plains, nor Sandown, nor EC. It isn't as bad as Canberra or Hamilton however it isnt really that much better either.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2499721)   #116
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
How does Whincup win from 9th position on the grid... Great effort, hope he goes to NASCAR in 2010, he is too good for V8 Supercar!
let's see..

has he ever been in a NASCAR?

has he ever raced on any tracks used by NASCAR?

have any NASCAR teams even heard of Jamie Whincup?

not sure why the V8 fans think NASCAR teams would be fighting over a guy just because he wins a few races down-under

NASCAR and V8 Supercars are totally different beasts
Old 12 Jul 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2499728)   #117
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If 70% of the "Facility" is permanent, will there be races there (maybe on a shortened track) other than for the V8 weekend?
Old 12 Jul 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2499732)   #118
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Sidenote - is this the same track that Mr Crompton, Mr Skaife and Mr Davison were talking up all week?

As after 200km it is no Bathurst, nor PI, nor OP, nor Symmons Plains, nor Sandown, nor EC. It isn't as bad as Canberra or Hamilton however it isnt really that much better either.
so you watched it then DRT

did you see the big crowd there. I think the one day crowd number was about the total of entire EC crowds for the year.

and if yo can conclude anything from the video of retros, your dreamin, Fortunately the people who make decisions have more information.

Hey stealthy not sure if you noticed but Whincup started 9th and won the race, he passed cars legitimately on the track that were racing for position. Not sure how that fits with your theory about Whincup losing control around other cars. he come together with a car who should have yielded
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2499738)   #119
TS-Fitty
Rookie

TS-Fitty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I agree with your dumb statement above AS LONG AS you see it the same way when it happens to Whincup. I don't care who was driving what make of vehicle, he should have been penalised. I can cop those decisions fairly though if the non issuing of penalties is consistent.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2499742)   #120
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
why should he have penalised though.

i keep saying it Perkins should have yielded because he was a lap down. they are the rules. he didnt. Penalty no 1 for him

he should have left racing room, he didn't. Penalty no 2 for him

Plenty of other cars were able to drive around the corner side by side. but he choose to drive from one side of the track to the other and not leave racing room. so why should Whincup be penalised for Perkins making two errors
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:27 (Ref:2499743)   #121
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q2

Interesting Mr Bright is in 8th... quickest he's been all weekend by a mile!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:28 (Ref:2499744)   #122
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
anotehr poor qualifying for richo
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:34 (Ref:2499746)   #123
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
so you watched it then DRT

did you see the big crowd there. I think the one day crowd number was about the total of entire EC crowds for the year.
Why wouldnt I watch it?

Two governments have put in over 20 million combined for a 3 day product, of course I am going to have a look if its worth the money. What are everyone thoughts on the track that pushed so hard during the week?

The crowd does look good, however Friday was fairly sparce and there were still plenty of empties visible from the chopper in yesterdays coverage.

Call me cynical but when Mark Skaife is making 3 day weekend crowd predictions on tv when the Saturday race is 5 laps old, they already had there mind made up on how many people they were going to annouce.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2499751)   #124
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
OK your cynical then

my 6 you can do the maths on crowd estimates, so skaife should be able to do.

It doesn't hurt to blow the trumpet against the cynics (like yourself and in the media) who complains whined and moaned about it.

The results are in for this year, the racing was as good as any recent permanent circuit (taking aside the sprint tyres, which the same cynics say *******ize the racing) the crowd was good. there was no major car damage and the damege that did occur was car to car stuff.

maybe you can find a negative though?
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2499757)   #125
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
my 6 you can do the maths on crowd estimates, so skaife should be able to do.
Really, explain your 6 years olds and your own process of this?

It was mentioned there were 90,000 pre sales. Using V8SA approach of crowd counting they are 3 day tickets, equalling 30,000 a day leaving walk ups. MS suggested in the vacinity of 180,000 over 3 days = 30,000 odd walk ups a day

Of all the times to be making crowd predictions, Saturday morning ??? It seems it was more of an instruction from V8 top brass which he is now involved in rather than an actual comment.

Quote:
It doesn't hurt to blow the trumpet
Thats V8SA mission statement isnt it??

Quote:
The results are in for this year, the racing was as good as any recent permanent circuit (taking aside the sprint tyres, which the same cynics say *******ize the racing) the crowd was good. there was no major car damage and the damege that did occur was car to car stuff.
Great but none of that lives up to anything pushed by the organisers during the week nor the price tag attached to the event.

I look foward to a great afternoon of entertainment (not motor racing) and hopefully a great evening with a Webber victory and an England fightback this evening

Got to love July