Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3856580)   #176
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
But that's the thing - they won't be hypercars.
etc...
Maybe you're right. I have not really been following the talk about the new regulations.
I've seen the phrase 'hypercar' a few times but have not delved into what it means or does not mean.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3856581)   #177
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Another puncture...

#29 Audi
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3856582)   #178
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Maybe you're right. I have not really been following the talk about the new regulations.
I've seen the phrase 'hypercar' a few times but have not delved into what it means or does not mean.
To be honest, I hope I'm right. I like my prototypes to be extreme, full-on racing cars, complete with shrink-wrapped bodywork. Not bloated, pseudo road cars.
I'll still be watching either way though.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3856583)   #179
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jarvis has had a mega drive today.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3856584)   #180
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Jarvis has had a mega drive today.
When you look at the Mazda drivers, Jarvis has been amazing and Bomarito and Franchitti have been close behind. It's been a surprise how good these 3 have been today.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3856585)   #181
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
912 had a brake change at half distance (under FCY, without losing a lap).
Is it normal to have a brake change or is that a rare thing to do at a 10 hour race?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3856586)   #182
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
When you look at the Mazda drivers, Jarvis has been amazing and Bomarito and Franchitti have been close behind. It's been a surprise how good these 3 have been today.
Especially Franchitti as I don't rate him all that high TBH.

Are we sure it is Marino and not Dario disguised as Marino?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3856588)   #183
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
And another puncture...

#44 this time
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3856589)   #184
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was the Front right part of the splitter on #77 broken there?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3856590)   #185
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another puncture. Thanks for the memories Continental.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3856591)   #186
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
912 had a brake change at half distance (under FCY, without losing a lap).
Is it normal to have a brake change or is that a rare thing to do at a 10 hour race?
I was wondering that myself.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3856592)   #187
kvenom
Veteran

No John, its the shitty Continental tires.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3856593)   #188
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And another puncture...
They all seem to be left rear at the minute. T1 is going to put some force on it but seems unlikely it's all wear related so is there a kerb that they're being greedy on?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3856594)   #189
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
So for punctures, that's 2 x Porsche, 2 x Audi...what else?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3856595)   #190
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Anything with a Conti!
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3856596)   #191
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
The #22 ESM, #85, #29
I don't think I've seen any punctures in the GTLM class so far
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3856597)   #192
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
Quote:
The #22 ESM, #85, #29
Thanks, so six punctures in total. That's not brilliant.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3856598)   #193
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The #22 ESM, #85, #29
Did the #2 ESM have a puncture too?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3856599)   #194
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Thanks, so six punctures in total. That's not brilliant.
7 at least.

#44 and #58 at least twice
#22, #85 and #29 at least once
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3856600)   #195
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Did the #2 ESM have a puncture too?
Looked like it at first, but that was probably the suspension or hub issue that eventually put them 10 laps down.

So let's not count that as a tire failure.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3856601)   #196
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
I am a bit worried about the Core car. Bennett still needs to do a lot of driving.
About 2 hours if I got that right.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3856602)   #197
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I am a bit worried about the Core car. Bennett still needs to do a lot of driving.
About 2 hours if I got that right.
Yeah. He's burned 52 minutes so far, so 1 hour 53 minutes to burn.

He lost 1 lap in a full stint last time, so it'll cost the car 2-3 laps should there not be yellows to close him back in.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3856603)   #198
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Another left rear for the Audi.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3856604)   #199
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Puncture number 8.

that's a second one for #29.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3856605)   #200
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
If it was *any* other tyre company, I'd accuse them of being in cahoots with IMSA to put a few digs into the Land crew.

Not Continental though!