Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Oct 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3858600)   #26
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Havent missed a Challenge yet. Any word on an entry list yet for this year's?

And my point was more about the casual motorsport fan, not ones so died in the wool. No 'major' event of any type in 2019 isn't great.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 04:37 (Ref:3858774)   #27
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Bathurst 6 hour 21 April
http://bathurst6hour.com.au/

Muscle car masters Sept 1

But i see your point
Also drag racing and Speedway.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3858775)   #28
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I live in Sydney and although I go to Albert Park and the 3 Bathurst meetings what's on at Eastern Creek is getting skinnier by the year.Not helped by not hosting a round of the Australian Superbike Championship which is the only bike series above club level these days.
For many years there were 2 Nationals rounds but now only one.The general decline in historic racing (shrinking fields due to classes not being updated by CAMS) has seen meetings like Tasman Revival and Retro Speedfest come and go.Rennsport looks like it is a thing of the past.Outside of Prodsports and Sports Sedans state level racing holds zero spectating interest for me and it is not meant to appeal to spectators outside friends and family anyway.I would prefer to sleep or even work than watch speedway or drag racing-not a criticism of them by the way.
Thank goodness for F1 and Moto GP on Foxtel although a couple more meetings worth attending at Eastern Creek wouldn't go astray.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3858825)   #29
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose it depends upon what the person enjoys.
I appreciate the preparation/presentation of the vehicles, close racing and the ability to lap at a consistent rate rather than crash and bash that some regard as the highlight of a meeting.
In fact my all time favourite is endurance racing as the challenges, strategies and ability of teams to respond in a positive manner to adversity is most enjoyable.

Unfortunately the historic fraternity have been their own worst enemy over the last few years and we are being deprived of seeing and experiencing the fantastic aura of days gone by.
It is hoped that the SMSP Tasman event in December will revisit that glorious era where the spirit of true motor sport began.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3858930)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Oct 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3858964)   #31
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=old fart;3858825]I suppose it depends upon what the person enjoys.
I appreciate the preparation/presentation of the vehicles, close racing and the ability to lap at a consistent rate rather than crash and bash that some regard as the highlight of a meeting.
In fact my all time favourite is endurance racing as the challenges, strategies and ability of teams to respond in a positive manner to adversity is most enjoyable.

Unfortunately the historic fraternity have been their own worst enemy over the last few years and we are being deprived of seeing and experiencing the fantastic aura of days gone by.
It is hoped that the SMSP Tasman event in December will revisit that glorious era where the spirit of true motor sport began.[/QUOTE
The December meeting you are referring to could be accused of false advertising using the Tasman moniker.A large part of the meeting is Super Sprint and Regularity events while races for PRB Clubman cars also feature.Add in the tiny Group N fields that HSRCA meetings have had for the last 5 years and it is a waste of time for even an enthusiast to attend.The one strong field is likely to be Group S but you only have to wait until February to see a entry twice as good at the 12 Hour.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3858968)   #32
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What the?

Cryptic much GTR?

Old 24 Oct 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3858974)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
What the?

Cryptic much GTR?

I presume it means there is an announcement today about the Adelaide 500..
Old 24 Oct 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3858975)   #34
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I presume it means there is an announcement today about the Adelaide 500..

Could well be - my poor little brain is struggling with it this morning, particularly not knowing where it came from. All good.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 00:24 (Ref:3859001)   #35
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A new Naming Rights sponsor in the form of SuperLoop.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 01:03 (Ref:3859004)   #36
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it a breakfast cereal?
Old 25 Oct 2018, 01:21 (Ref:3859009)   #37
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
A new Naming Rights sponsor in the form of SuperLoop.
Indeed, confirmed. Internet provider Superloop has inked a three-year deal with Adelaide 500 organisers to secure naming rights to the event. I still thought of it and referred to it as the Clipsal this year, after they had left and it was a no (brand) name event. Old habits.....

Old 25 Oct 2018, 02:46 (Ref:3859012)   #38
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everything VASC land is just super really.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 02:49 (Ref:3859013)   #39
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
It is hoped that the SMSP Tasman event in December will revisit that glorious era where the spirit of true motor sport began.
If you want a celebration of that glorious era, you have missed it. The event that has become known as the "Amaroo Historics"at Wakefield in September is just that meeting. Old cars, racing the way it used to be, and no BS.

And nothing new!
Old 18 Nov 2018, 01:38 (Ref:3863854)   #40
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel Ten has the rights to the Flemington spring carnival from 2019. The final day, Stakes Day, clashes with the Saturday running of the Supercars at Sandown. Who'll get bumped to Boss?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3864091)   #41
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Who'll get bumped to Boss?
You sure it won't be bumped to Peach?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 04:18 (Ref:3864112)   #42
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Off topic I know, but who comes up with this crap.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3864162)   #43
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Old 19 Nov 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3864352)   #44
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
My feeling is that this calendar is a half way house heading towards the summer series.
Possibility of IndyCar returning to the GC in March 2020 probably means that a Supercars race at that meeting would fit in neatly with a Supercars summer series.

Preferably the Supercars races would change to the Superstreet format used at Adelaide and Townsville.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 07:06 (Ref:3864414)   #45
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Possibility of IndyCar returning to the GC in March 2020 probably means that a Supercars race at that meeting would fit in neatly with a Supercars summer series.

Preferably the Supercars races would change to the Superstreet format used at Adelaide and Townsville.
They moved the Gold Coast away from March because as a draw card for interstate visitors it was wiped out by Albert Park.Same would happen again only even worse as Indycar has a much lower profile now and the spec cars they use are visual shockers.Also March is Adelaide and Albert Park for Supercars which are both bigger deals for them than Gold Coast could ever hope to be.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3864415)   #46
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also, the QLD govt is dreaming. First Indycar heard about their return was when they read the press release...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Dec 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3867411)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 2 Dec 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3867414)   #48
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Meh if we can't have fag packets or beer why should we have ****ing betting companies that flout the law....
Old 2 Dec 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3867416)   #49
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Meh if we can't have fag packets or beer why should we have ****ing betting companies that flout the law....
This.
Old 2 Dec 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3867440)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yep.

It's up there with drug and alcohol consumption for major contributors to domestic abuse. Yet it seemingly flies under the radar...