Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Aug 2003, 12:44 (Ref:699357)   #1
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
FiA Homologation papers

I buy a car to restore, prep and race and want to get it homologated so I can enter FiA events. The car was homologated when new but what happens say, If you buy a different base car to build from . . .the specification would be just right, but it doesnt have the right numbers on the Registration document.

I know cars get re-shelled becuase of tin worm and accident damage, and this doesnt stop FiA papers being reissued or maintained, but what if you build a 'replica'

reason being is I'd like FiA homologation for a replica of a car which no longer exists, and I dont want to tear a rare original up to create it . . . .I can however build one from a collection of bits.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 12:54 (Ref:699375)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joe,

If you had the original chassis and it was wrecked you could transfer the numbers to the new vehicle (this is the basis of the heritage MG, Triumph and Mini re-shells) bit whether the FIA would allow it is a different thing. Are you going for App K in order to enter the European Touring Car Challenge?

If so I suggest you contact the FIA direct.

As to Homologation parts you only need to go to the MSA and pay your ten or twenty quids and they will gladly send you a reasonable facsimile of the certificate. (It'll be quite a thick book so "facsimile" in this case means "copy".
Old 26 Aug 2003, 13:06 (Ref:699400)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Ive got the papers, and my plans for the car are exactly as was originally homologated. problem is the GT I bought is a late aerflow model, the shells not goo enough for a race car, so I bought another one which is an early pre aerflow. I could use the later reg but it'll look wrong, although Ive seen plenty of that around, and I know that lots of loti are reshelled, I guess I need to find an early GT reg doc for the numbers, the shell I have is Numbered as either a 1200 delux or Lotus.

having said all that , theres nothing on either shell to say anything, its just printed on the log book, which is whats so frustrating

I dont need to go Appendix K, but I do need to race at Spa some day!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 14:01 (Ref:699459)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But you can without FIA papers. Build it to CTCRC regs and that qualifies for Top Hat and the BS and SCC race. Of course its not possible to guarantee anything and meetings come and go but with what you've got you can currently race there.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 14:20 (Ref:699491)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you are definately right building to FIA spec as it keeps the amount of racing you can do almost limitless. Given the car is not going to be at the squirty end (in the first season anyway!) I think you will find FIA scrutineering to be very much in the spirit of the law rather than letter of the law!
Good Luck and I hope you have at least one Throbnozzle sticker on your car!!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 14:41 (Ref:699522)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I have in the past swapped Nos between 2 vehicles, legitimately, and created 1 good and one dud/spare.

Throbnozzle stickers will be subbtly applied here and there

I think standard stuff to start with, followed by FiA later . . . . once I get the hang of the ins, outs and politics ! so far everyone has been very helpful.