Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Sep 2001, 07:32 (Ref:150822)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricky Rudd vs. Rusty Wallace

What does everyone think about these two lately? They had a pretty heated argument after the race due to Rusty's spinning Rudd as he tried to lap him. Even though the sound was tuned way down, I heard the F word a couple of times in their argument. Who do you side with?
Old 25 Sep 2001, 17:57 (Ref:151088)   #2
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been wondering about this since I first saw the 'incidents.' This is not normally what you would expect from 2 seasoned veterans. (The recent incidents with Harvick, Biffle, Sauter, et. al. I put down to rookie enthusiasm that will pass as they mature on the circuit.) Could it be that this is simply the result of the pressure these guys are under to perform? Is it because they are nearing the end of the season and the pressure is really on?

Some of what happened seems to be a continuation of their Bristol battle. This time they weren't racing for position, so what was it other than payback? I was surprised to hear the name-calling that happened during the post race interviews - seemed kind of childish.

I guess the bottom line is I've never been a real fan of either of these guys - now I have even less of an opinion of them. I'm not going to side with either one of them. I just hope they get over it soon.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 12:46 (Ref:151531)   #3
usracefan
Rookie

usracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rusty vs Ricky

It seems like everybody forgot that J Gorden bumped a car the same way with no need to and ended the day for 4 cars and nobody seemed to mind, that was downright dirty. Ricky bumped Rusty to put him a lap down(Ricky failed to recall that moment) and Rusty bumped him to get his lap back. Ricky does have a short memory though - Bristol! I personally enjoy these tifts and bumpin and grinding it is all part of NASCAR. Even Fittipaldi said he enjoyed the excitement of it when he was at Bristol with Carl Haas. The namecalling immature? Frustration!
Old 26 Sep 2001, 13:36 (Ref:151553)   #4
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neither one of the guys have a reputation of being a dirty driver but both will lay the chrome horn on you if the situation calls for it. Overall, Ricky is more of the gentleman driver than Rusty. Rusty is real coy about paybacks. Remember several years back (1997 or 1998) when he tapped and spun Gordon at Richmond? In a post-race interview, he said all the right things and smiled like a Cheshire cat. This incident was thought to be retaliation for Gordon's bump and run win on Rusty at the spring Bristol race.
Old 28 Sep 2001, 08:28 (Ref:152504)   #5
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I think it just adds to the overall flavor of it all. Racing can get heated at times on the tracks, but when the race is over, you usually see all this PC butt-kissing. "It's just racing" and all that. I'd rather see what they really feel. If they are mad at each other, I say throw the NASCAR mandated script out the window and have at it. To some people, it's good entertainment. Just like the weekly brawl at a hockey game is to hockey fans. To others, it's just part of the ongoing plot of the soap opera that is NASCAR Racing...
Old 4 Oct 2001, 08:00 (Ref:155696)   #6
Tim's Wife
Rookie

Tim's Wife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay Tim, I can see your point. But please tell me that you do not want NASCAR to start being like WWF.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 12:13 (Ref:156213)   #7
dfred
Rookie

dfred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I missed the race, but I can't believe that it was such a big deal. They nock each other of the track the whole time. Go Rusty!!!