Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Aug 2017, 06:24 (Ref:3761082)   #626
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
When the first attempt at running this class under Procar helped send Mr Palmer to the wall, and the second attempt under Mr Quinn is seemingly at an end.
You have missed Wagg & Terry Little in there GTR.

Also I think suggesting Nations Cup sent Palmer broke is playing with history. But try your best.

Quote:
I doubt there is another game in town interested...
Why is that? I think you will find another competitor has already looked around at the options.

Quote:
A corporate rather than a patron seems the logical solution. With a management group already in place, not needing to reinvent the wheel, and already having a decent schedule process in place to run with Supercar, and potentially without.
I am not sure you would need to reinvent the wheel. Is there not a sound management group in place currently - an independent buyer could potentially purchase the group in its entirety. For example Ken Collier currently sits on the FIA World GT panel.

The schedule seems to be the major sticking point with competitors - sort that out and then you have your path forward.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3761083)   #627
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Nations Cup didn't send Palmer broke. It got to a point where he realised it wasn't feasible to throw money into Procar anymore but it didn't destroy him financially.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3761108)   #628
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Imagine the positives, instead of defaulting to the negative.
I can't see too many positives in one company owning the category management rights to potentially five categories, including three of the only four official "Australian Championships", not to mention also running the two major endurance races in Australia...gives them quite the monopoly & extensive power in Australian motorsport, especially if they want certain things to go their way.

CAMS don't seem to mind though, afterall their Formula 4, the fourth of four Australian Championships, resides on the Supercars support bill as well....
Old 23 Aug 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3761121)   #629
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I can't see too many positives in one company owning the category management rights to potentially five categories, including three of the only four official "Australian Championships", not to mention also running the two major endurance races in Australia...gives them quite the monopoly & extensive power in Australian motorsport, especially if they want certain things to go their way.

CAMS don't seem to mind though, afterall their Formula 4, the fourth of four Australian Championships, resides on the Supercars support bill as well....
think of the positives for the series

your only negative appears to be a monopoly, which is false, as there are many other places for GT3 to run including theire own events. 'However there is a monopoly on crowd attending events. Thats not changing. Being out of that monopoly provides minimal benefit for GT3 in Australia

Last edited by peckstar; 23 Aug 2017 at 08:55.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3761188)   #630
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
... as there are many other places for GT3 to run including theire own events ...
It's only a couple of months ago that CAMS tried to change that. In their change of heart they stated that they should not have tried to make their GT changes mid season. There is potential for that issue to be brought back come year end.

However, their correspondence came at a time when Supercars was potentially for sale, and rumours that a buyer had a condition that AGT came with the deal.

We were never (to my knowledge) given the back story behind that, nor who was whispering in CAMS ear to limit where GT3/4 could race, and why. With these Supercars /AGT discussions it will be interesting to see what develops, and if some sort of a deal with Supercars goes through, whether CAMS will get their GT3/4 eligibility correspondence out again, or leave it consigned to the stupid mistakes drawer forever.
Old 24 Aug 2017, 02:57 (Ref:3761304)   #631
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

your only negative appears to be a monopoly, which is false, as there are many other places for GT3 to run including theire own events.
I think Racer mean's a monopoly of Australian Championship categories - which is infact not false.

Other negatives include track time, scheduling, costs, access to drivers, brand development.
Old 24 Aug 2017, 03:12 (Ref:3761309)   #632
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I think Racer mean's a monopoly of Australian Championship categories - which is infact not false.

Other negatives include track time, scheduling, costs, access to drivers, brand development.
Wont have a monopoly of Australian Championship categories. Australian Production Car championship is on the shannons card for instance. So definitely false

Im somewhat impressed that you know exactaly how track time, costs scheduling and access to drivers will work out even before an agreement takes place, thats amazing, with so much wisdom you shoudl consider getting involved.

As for brand development, I would think that would be a positive. much more scope for development

Im still waiting for you to answer this question
Quote:
What benefit does another buyer really bring DRT? Would still be in the same boat at TQ
Old 24 Aug 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3761317)   #633
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Wont have a monopoly of Australian Championship categories. Australian Production Car championship is on the shannons card for instance. So definitely false
Might be worth double checking Peckstar. At last call I believe that the Production Car category was not given championship status by CAMS.

Quote:
Im somewhat impressed that you know exactly how track time, costs scheduling and access to drivers will work out even before an agreement takes place, thats amazing, with so much wisdom you shoudl consider getting involved.
GTs have raced on and off again on the V8SC schedule over the last few years. Using these examples and experiences - how are Endurance Championship to be run / pit and garage access?

Many categories on the V8SC support bill have also commented on the increased entry fees associated with being on the support bill

In regards to what a new owner brings - it brings with a stable management group and provides independence as a category rather than being lost in the V8SC crowd
Old 24 Aug 2017, 06:02 (Ref:3761318)   #634
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Might be worth double checking Peckstar. At last call I believe that the Production Car category was not given championship status by CAMS.

GTs have raced on and off again on the V8SC schedule over the last few years. Using these examples and experiences - how are Endurance Championship to be run / pit and garage access?

Many categories on the V8SC support bill have also commented on the increased entry fees associated with being on the support bill

In regards to what a new owner brings - it brings with a stable management group and provides independence as a category rather than being lost in the V8SC crowd
What benefit does another buyer really bring DRT? Would still be in the same boat at TQ
Old 24 Aug 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3761322)   #635
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fresh ideas
Different negotiation skills
Different contacts
Different vision

Not knocking TQ but maybe the new owner sees it solely as a business and not somewhere for them to race in also.

It's not difficult to understand.
Old 24 Aug 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3761353)   #636
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was thinking of what is a positive for motor racing, not a single category. And one company, which ultimately has it's own profit making interests at heart rather than motor racing, potentially running five series is not good for Australian motor racing, in my opinion.

You will have to ask the competitors, if the sale goes ahead, what the positives are?

As a fan, I can't see many.

Quote:
Wont have a monopoly of Australian Championship categories. Australian Production Car championship is on the shannons card for instance.
Production Cars lost their Championship status at the end of 2015, as did a few other series.

There are only 4 CAMS Australian Championships now. Supercar Championship is awarded the ATCC by CAMS, the Australian GT Championship, Australian Endurance Championship (for GT3 cars) and the Australian Formula 4 Championship
Old 25 Aug 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3761457)   #637
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
You will have to ask the competitors, if the sale goes ahead, what the positives are?
Clearly by the tone of the article the competitors are the reason for the change, if not the destination after the change.
Old 26 Aug 2017, 02:16 (Ref:3761644)   #638
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Clearly by the tone of the article the competitors are the reason for the change, if not the destination after the change.
Given their fiscal fire power it would be interesting to see if TQ and a syndicate of GT competitors had any interest in a reversal of what we are talking about.
Archer would seem to be a willing seller.
probably a bit like herding cats though.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 02:16 (Ref:3761818)   #639
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the GT collective have their hands full running their own businesses, GT is Pro-Am because these guys to work, make money, and want to have their fun too.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3761908)   #640
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The smartest commercial bloke in the AGT building seems to have vacated his seat. Suggests *something* is up...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Sep 2017, 04:43 (Ref:3764362)   #641
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Highlands to host Aus GT round for final time

While i understand what this means, Im confused by the logic of why it is happening
Old 4 Sep 2017, 04:53 (Ref:3764367)   #642
Mixer
Veteran

Aus GT is reading like a soapie lately.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Sep 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3764374)   #643
D.R.T.
Veteran

Highlands 501 to become a round of the NZ Endurance Championship?
Old 4 Sep 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3764377)   #644
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Highlands 501 to become a round of the NZ Endurance Championship?
But without Aust Gt cars
Old 4 Sep 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3764380)   #645
D.R.T.
Veteran

What would stop Steven Richards and his team entering?

All this reads is that it wont be part of the points paying Australian Endurance Championship.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3764384)   #646
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
What would stop Steven Richards and his team entering?

All this reads is that it wont be part of the points paying Australian Endurance Championship.
entering what?

edit. ok I see now, info missing from that release

LAST HURRAH FOR AUSTRALIAN GTS AT HIGHLANDS

will be intetested see what, if anything, this means to Aust GT teams competing. Would think that unless they are getting funded by TQ they might be more interested in going to Sepang and racing in their 12 hour

Last edited by peckstar; 4 Sep 2017 at 07:10.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3764549)   #647
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Top Aus GT teams back possible Supercars takeover
Old 4 Sep 2017, 23:02 (Ref:3764580)   #648
D.R.T.
Veteran

Troy Russel from MPC was one of the people at the front of the calendar revolt at the start of the year - so his position is not surprising.

McElrea's comments are disappointing and alot of the concerns and feedback throughout the year is not addressed my a move to Supercars management.

Tony Quinn deserves better from where he built this series from.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3764584)   #649
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Troy Russel from MPC was one of the people at the front of the calendar revolt at the start of the year - so his position is not surprising.

McElrea's comments are disappointing and alot of the concerns and feedback throughout the year is not addressed my a move to Supercars management.

Tony Quinn deserves better from where he built this series from.
I think that comment is probably showing a bias.

Tony Quinn has asked for this from what we understand,
Old 5 Sep 2017, 04:08 (Ref:3764633)   #650
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
I think that comment is probably showing a bias.

Tony Quinn has asked for this from what we understand,
What is it that 'we' understand?