Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Nov 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3864179)   #1326
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
No Media Day? Why?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3864183)   #1327
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Just as you posted that, Mr Gilham posted on Twitter saying driver 4 will be announced at 5pm.
Got to be Jamie Bond!

Funny how HARD have announced all 4 drivers before any other team announces 1..!
Old 19 Nov 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3864184)   #1328
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
No Media Day? Why?
my guess is that the actual media struggle to make pictures of cars the public have already seen look exciting
Old 19 Nov 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3864201)   #1329
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
About time we had another announcement, we have had a too quiet week
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3864214)   #1330
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Got to be Jamie Bond!

Funny how HARD have announced all 4 drivers before any other team announces 1..!
It'll be even funnier when two of them go during the season
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3864216)   #1331
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Theory JP owns his own personal TBL given by Gow as a gesture of thanks for his long service to generating PR to the BTCC. It was used by BMR meaning once his contractual obligations were up he could take the TBL to any squad wanting a big name PR machine (PMR).

PMR have been trying to secure more permanent TBLs to replace their loaned ones. Only one of their loaned ones remain so a Plato TBL solves that issue.

Tin foil hat firmly on but I believe stranger things have occurred.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3864222)   #1332
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
No Media Day? Why?
My thoughts are there will be an event of some description, but for the actual media, and not publicised, to keep away the riff-raff that has plagued the event in recent years.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3864231)   #1333
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
My thoughts are there will be an event of some description, but for the actual media, and not publicised, to keep away the riff-raff that has plagued the event in recent years.
How dare you! Without the fans, there would be no btcc! 😉
Old 19 Nov 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3864232)   #1334
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the problem with the fans at media day is that there is no control like a race meeting and there are fans in a live pit lane and it’s becoming dangerous
Old 19 Nov 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3864246)   #1335
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
I think the problem with the fans at media day is that there is no control like a race meeting and there are fans in a live pit lane and it’s becoming dangerous
Send a blind folded driver down pit lane in a Subaru with a snow plough attachment, that'll shift the buggers...
Old 19 Nov 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3864248)   #1336
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
... to keep away the riff-raff that has plagued the event in recent years.

you mean... no opportunities for certain fans to claim they are best mates with a driver because they grabbed a selfie and stood somewhere near their garage or transporter for a long period of time??
Old 19 Nov 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3864260)   #1337
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
you mean... no opportunities for certain fans to claim they are best mates with a driver because they grabbed a selfie and stood somewhere near their garage or transporter for a long period of time??
But - how can someone build an online presence for themselves if they don't have any up close time with someone from AmD to fall back on???
Old 19 Nov 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3864267)   #1338
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More to come this week -

https://twitter.com/mattjsalisbury/s...917578752?s=21
Old 19 Nov 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3864273)   #1339
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Crees for HARD. He tested with them the other week so it’s not a major surprise.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3864274)   #1340
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Got to be Jamie Bond!
Or maybe not - Michael Crees.

To be honest I'm a little disappointed - from what I've seen from him in Ginettas, he's an absolutely lovely guy and clearly loves the sport and the BTCC so pleased for him to move up! However I'm not sure he's quite on the same level as the other drivers here; yes I know he won his class in Supercup but perhaps needed another few years to be challenging overall honours let alone the BTCC.

Wish him all the best but surprised HARD didn't follow their usual pattern of VW Cup winner graduating!
Old 19 Nov 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3864277)   #1341
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice guy but it was only a couple of years ago he was hire kart racing. Being able to do two seasons of amateur level Ginettas and then go straight into BTCC seems wrong to me.

Love to see him make me look like an idiot though.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3864278)   #1342
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Nice guy but it was only a couple of years ago he was hire kart racing. Being able to do two seasons of amateur level Ginettas and then go straight into BTCC seems wrong to me.
Hmm, many no hoper amateur drivers with big budgets jump straight into BTCC. At least this guy has more experience than them. If you have the money you can go into BTCC, there are no set entry criteria to meet other than money
Old 19 Nov 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3864284)   #1343
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously a decent guy but underwhelming announcement.

Hopefully some exciting announcements soon, i have a horrible feeling this year might be a bit lower on talent than we've seen in the last few seasons. Hoping my thoughts are wrong though.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3864285)   #1344
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Hmm, many no hoper amateur drivers with big budgets jump straight into BTCC. At least this guy has more experience than them. If you have the money you can go into BTCC, there are no set entry criteria to meet other than money
Not quite. You need a certain license grade. Which means getting signitures from the Clark of the course during competition. For example even with budget I still couldn't race in BTCC as my race license is only Nat B.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3864288)   #1345
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If you have the money you can go into BTCC, there are no set entry criteria to meet other than money
thats simply not correct.

the driver needs an FIA international C licence - which is exactly the same criteria for driving in the world touring car cup.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3864290)   #1346
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Michael Crees for HARD. He tested with them the other week so it’s not a major surprise.
He also raced for them in the Avensis at Brands Hatch at the weekend in Britcar. They got a dnf and a 3rd in the two races.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3864301)   #1347
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure that more experience is valid seeing the number and type of signatures to get from Nat B to Int C license.

It's not sending the right message for the premier tin top series in the UK IMO but they need drivers in seats to pay the bills at the end of the day.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 19:47 (Ref:3864302)   #1348
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
thats simply not correct.

the driver needs an FIA international C licence - which is exactly the same criteria for driving in the world touring car cup.
You do know that all you need is 12 signatures on your licence over a few years to get from a national B to an international C. You can get those driving in a lowly national club championship. As I said, no real entry criteria. Have money, can race in BTCC, the pinnacle of British club racing.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3864303)   #1349
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You do know that all you need is 12 signatures on your licence over a few years to get from a national B to an international C. You can get those driving in a lowly national club championship. As I said, no real entry criteria. Have money, can race in BTCC, the pinnacle of British club racing.
you seem to be missing the point that it’s EXACTLY the same licence requirement and entry criteria as going to race in the World Touring Cars!
Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3864305)   #1350
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
you seem to be missing the point that it’s EXACTLY the same licence requirement and entry criteria as going to race in the World Touring Cars!
Not missing the point at all. My point is that I could buy a 2CV for a couple of grand, race a full season and get all 12 signatures needed to get an International C licence. I would get the required signatures as long as I finished 12 races without doing anything wrong, I could even finish last in every race and still get the signatures. My point is should that alone qualify me to race in BTCC or WTCR? Currently the answer is it would as long as a have a bucket load of money as well.