Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2019, 22:57 (Ref:3881974)   #451
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
How about Marshall Pruett’s opinion - is that up to your standards?
You state your views as facts yet dont actually share that they are your opinions. No first hand experience, just recounting tales of others' experiences.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Feb 2019, 00:29 (Ref:3881980)   #452
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa
Surely being fobbed-off when seeking assistance on such an important function of the car would leave somewhat of a bitter taste in the mouths of those at Triple Eight.
Fobbed off or just didn't like the answer? How many other AMG teams had break issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
You state your views as facts yet dont actually share that they are your opinions. No first hand experience, just recounting tales of others' experiences.
Doesn't a forum work under the assumption that each post is someone's opinion? Or does every point need to nominate they that are providing an opinion?

If you are in denial about Paul Tracy's reputation around the Indycar paddock - I would strongly advise you to seek out Marshall Pruetts content of the current NBC commentator.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 01:15 (Ref:3881982)   #453
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Doesn't a forum work under the assumption that each post is someone's opinion? Or does every point need to nominate they that are providing an opinion?

If you are in denial about Paul Tracy's reputation around the Indycar paddock - I would strongly advise you to seek out Marshall Pruetts content of the current NBC commentator.
And again, should I take Mr Pruett's opinion as gospel? Just as you are informing us that we should take your word as fact?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Feb 2019, 03:02 (Ref:3881990)   #454
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And again, should I take Mr Pruett's opinion as gospel? Just as you are informing us that we should take your word as fact?
I would encourage you to listen to Marshall's commentary and background on Paul Tracy prior dismissing it and trying distract the issue with semantics.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3882056)   #455
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And again, should I take Mr Pruett's opinion as gospel?
Hardly just Marshall Pruett's opinion if you take the time to speak to the people in that world....
Old 11 Feb 2019, 02:55 (Ref:3883095)   #456
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Best Bathurst 12 hours in my memory for sure. The race finally lived up to some of the hype. Fewer safety cars most certainly played a part in it being a better event. I think there were 8 in total. Want that to be less next year. I think the race should be GT3 and Invitational class only. The GT4 cars bring nothing but moving chicanes. Ideal grid is about 35 cars. But even just 30 is ok since the cars are so reliable now.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3883196)   #457
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Best Bathurst 12 hours in my memory for sure. The race finally lived up to some of the hype. Fewer safety cars most certainly played a part in it being a better event. I think there were 8 in total. Want that to be less next year. I think the race should be GT3 and Invitational class only. The GT4 cars bring nothing but moving chicanes. Ideal grid is about 35 cars. But even just 30 is ok since the cars are so reliable now.
I wouldn’t play with the classes, keep it as is. Majority of SC are from GT3 cars making errors rather than class cars.

Spa24 is GT3 only and it’s packed full of SC
Old 11 Feb 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3883262)   #458
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn’t play with the classes, keep it as is. Majority of SC are from GT3 cars making errors rather than class cars.

Spa24 is GT3 only and it’s packed full of SC
Yes but there was still a couple of GT3 collisions with lower class cars. So if that can reduce the number of safety car periods from 8 to 4/5. Then its worth it. I just don't think the M4s and KTX's brought up much to the race.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3883309)   #459
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd go the opposite way. I'd introduce more GT4 cars. The M4s and KTXs didn't bring much because there wasn't enough GT4 cars to make a proper race of it.

Part of the skill of endurance racing is dealing with multi-class traffic.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3883311)   #460
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'd go the opposite way. I'd introduce more GT4 cars. The M4s and KTXs didn't bring much because there wasn't enough GT4 cars to make a proper race of it.

Part of the skill of endurance racing is dealing with multi-class traffic.
At track like Bathurst I think there is a conflict with multi class racing traffic vs risk for more safety cars. I don't think you can have both there. Which one is more important? My vote is fewer safety cars myself. I hope other will weigh in with their opinion
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3883317)   #461
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree on the fact that fewer safety cars really helped make this year's race better. Honestly wasn't bothered by lower car counts this time around.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3883410)   #462
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meanwhile the Nurburgring 24hr runs everything from small hatchbacks right up to GT3.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 05:16 (Ref:3883440)   #463
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Yes but there was still a couple of GT3 collisions with lower class cars. So if that can reduce the number of safety car periods from 8 to 4/5. Then its worth it. I just don't think the M4s and KTX's brought up much to the race.
I think the Spa24 is evidence enough that just by taking away class cars - you don't automatically eradicate safety cars.

GT4 is important for the future of the event and I feel adds far more than it allegedly takes away.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3883449)   #464
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2019 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Meanwhile the Nurburgring 24hr runs everything from small hatchbacks right up to GT3.

The difference being you have to earn your Ring permit to race in the 24hr by doing several VLN races and staying out of trouble. Doesn’t matter who you are-there are no exceptions and you can’t just jump into a GT3 car for those races towards the permit either which helps the driver give an understanding of what’ll happen when they get lapped by the front running pack and how to react properly. If you’ve ever seen an onboard from a slower car when that happens it can be pretty crazy.

In fairness to the B12 you can’t do the same thing given there’s only three events a year on the track.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3883474)   #465
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair point(s).
Old 15 Feb 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3884431)   #466
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Triple 8 / STM ever figure out what the brake drama was?
Old 15 Feb 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3884433)   #467
Langers
Veteran

Quote:
How poor must the brakes/running of the #888 Vodafone Benz have been when the pilot literally falls out of the car in cramped up pain? Story Here

Cant recall any race driver saying they had to use 2 feet to pull the car up!
Paul Stokell used to stamp on the brakes with both feet in the Procar VW R32s
Old 16 Feb 2019, 01:56 (Ref:3884534)   #468
Umai Naa
Veteran

Allegedly the symptoms for both the Golf and the Merc were caused by excessive ABS intervention.

Why? Lack of front grip.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3884550)   #469
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Allegedly the symptoms for both the Golf and the Merc were caused by excessive ABS intervention.

Why? Lack of front grip.

When you are in ABS control it makes no sense to step harder on the brake pedal.

And the drivers should feel that they are in ABS control and tell the engineers.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 08:26 (Ref:3884557)   #470
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... or turn it off/down.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 12:58 (Ref:3884796)   #471
Langers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
... or turn it off/down.
The Golfs ended up with an on / off toggle switch. In the AMG it would be adjustable, so I’m sure the fix isn’t that easy.