Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Oct 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3935017)   #1
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scuderia Alpha Tauri

Welcome to new the Scuderia Alpha Tauri F1 team.

Bye Bye Toro Rosso

Well its really Toro Rosso with a new name still owned by Red Bull to promote its fashion brand.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...-2020-approved
Old 16 Oct 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3935018)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i very much like the new name.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3935022)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wonder how long it will last. I actually liked the Toro Rosso name, it had a nice catch
Old 16 Oct 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3935042)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Changing the name is not exactly a good move, you always suspect when companies change logo's or names that something is amiss and those running the company have run out of idea's to actually take them forward.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3935054)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the new name is that of RB's newish clothing line so just a better promotional use of the F1 platform perhaps?
Old 17 Oct 2019, 03:24 (Ref:3935096)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Makes more sense than promoting the same thing twice.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3935109)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Similar to Ferrari and Alfa Romeo.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 00:53 (Ref:3935288)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In that case it is Ferrari that is the clothing and merchandising company.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3935471)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've heard of Alpha Centauri but not Alpha Tauri.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3935480)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't Alpha Tauri the leader of the Conservative party?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3935483)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Clever.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3935489)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
How much confusion will it give the commentators as they refer to the Alfa with an "f" and the Alpha with "ph" ?

Or will they carry on referring to Toro Rosso as they did with Sauber?
Old 28 Jun 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4165797)   #13
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bringing back a thread from the dead. I don't think there is another thread devoted to Alpha Tauri.

Interesting news as to the direction of Alpha Tauri in 2024
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...arko/10488676/

I think the previous rumors were that the team was up for sale, but then Red Bull eventually decided against that (maybe no buyers at the price they may have wanted?) It seems like after they decided to keep the team, they started making staffing changes and implementing a new plan for the future.

Overall, it sounds like they will be rebranding and the name Alpha Tauri will go away. If they are looking to sell naming rights, that makes sense. The "Alpha Tauri" name was a marketing exercise anyhow. Also, while I had always thought they used as much as they could from a component perspective from RBR, apparently that is not the case. So there looks to be additional room for sourcing from RBR. I have seen speculation elsewhere that the problem was that while AT was sourcing some items from RBR they were still trying to chart their own path with respects to the technical direction of their car. It sounds like Red Bull has deemed that a failure and is expecting the AT team to be a full junior team to RBR and not some half way version of that. It also sounds like they are moving more (all?) operations to UK??? So days of the progeny of Minardi continuing to be run out of Italy are coming to a close???

Richard
Old 28 Jun 2023, 22:57 (Ref:4165810)   #14
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I still hold out hope that Seb Vettel will take over the Franz Tost role, and eventually step up to Helmut's role and oversee the whole RB family. He's the perfect candidate.
Old 29 Jun 2023, 06:59 (Ref:4165818)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Would be good if they went back to being Toro Rosso.
Old 29 Jun 2023, 07:22 (Ref:4165820)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Would be good if they went back to being Toro Rosso.
For what purpose?

The move to AlphaTauri allowed the team to become more than just the junior team to Red Bull - and establish its own identity. Going back to being the Italian for 'Red Bull' would (IMO) be a backwards step for the team.
Old 29 Jun 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4165822)   #17
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For what purpose?

The move to AlphaTauri allowed the team to become more than just the junior team to Red Bull - and establish its own identity. Going back to being the Italian for 'Red Bull' would (IMO) be a backwards step for the team.
100% agreed, especially as more and more is based at Bicester, and more and more will be sourced from RBR/RBT etc.
Old 29 Jun 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4165837)   #18
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But isn't this potentially a step worse than going back to just being Toro Rosso of old? They are moving away from having their own design philosophies (which to be fair are not working!) and even more of a Red Bull Junior team plus what will likely be naming rights sold as part of sponsorship? For all we know they might become "Big Bubba's Pizza F1 Racing" in 2024.

Richard
Old 29 Jun 2023, 15:04 (Ref:4165843)   #19
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
For all we know they might become "Big Bubba's Pizza F1 Racing" in 2024.

Richard

Well, as long as they deliver my Hawaiian pizza hot and on time, all's good!
Old 29 Jun 2023, 19:46 (Ref:4165871)   #20
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I hope that's Hawaiian as in "cooked on a volcano" and it doesn't involve pineapple, because you would not be welcome in Faenza if it did!

Anyway: I would genuinely love to see a proper upstart company come in, run a team at bargain prices, and occasionally do a giant-killing act. I do miss those days.
Old 29 Jun 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4165874)   #21
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I personally am looking forward to the livery. Maybe the entire car can look like a slice of pizza!

If we can get Daniel Ricciardo to drive for the team, they can go with that "PizzaMan Dan" name as well! When he is on the podium, no more drinking from his shoe, rather he pulls out a slice of pizza from a special pocket in his driving suit and stuffs the entire slice in his mouth!

Richard
Old 29 Jun 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4165878)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
For all we know they might become "Big Bubba's Pizza F1 Racing" in 2024.
I think I just found the name for my Fantasy F1 team for next season.......
Old 30 Jun 2023, 08:26 (Ref:4165919)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For what purpose?

Because it was such a cool name and it doesn't necessarily mean they have to go back to be a junior team.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4165921)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Because it was such a cool name
I think that depends on your view of languages.

To some monolingual English speaker, it might seem cool. But to most speakers of Romance languages, they just see it as Bull, Red.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4165922)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Minardi please...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House