Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Oct 2012, 09:05 (Ref:3154247)   #1
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 2012 Season Finale, Brands Hatch GP, Oct 20/21

Well folks, here it is - the grand end-of-term party.

With 20 points for a win, 1 point for pole, 1 point for fastest lap in each race and 1 point for leading each race there's a theoretical maximum 67 points to play for (assuming pole, fastest lap in each race and winning each race).

Head boy at the start of the weekend is Gordon Shedden, closely followed by prefects Jason Plato and Matt Neal. In fourth place, with an outside chance only if the three ahead have a disastrous weekend and he grabs all the points on offer is Andrew Jordan.

There are more potential combinations and outcomes than my A-Level maths can calculate, but one thing's for sure - any non-finish for the top 3 will likely take it to the weekend's third race, although Shedden could win the championship by the end of race 2...

When the bell rings at the end of the school day on Sunday, who will have been best behaved? Will it be a studious, calm and educated outcome, or will it be a set of playground fights? Will the headmaster have to step in and put any of the protagonists in detention?
Old 19 Oct 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3154258)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Not sure to be honest, it's too tight to call. I'd like to see Shedden take it though - he's the least objectionable of the 3 with a realistic chance of winning (Jordan needs too much bad luck to hit the others to be in contention).
Old 19 Oct 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3154296)   #3
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what i want to see is shedden win but it be finally decided in race 3. also want to see aron smith get top step on the podium.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3154321)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It would be great if some of the smaller teams did well, like Rob Austin and Dan Welch.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3154361)   #5
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
It would be great if some of the smaller teams did well, like Rob Austin and Dan Welch.
What he said.

Hoping for Shedden as champion, and WSR as indie champions.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3154370)   #6
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sheds champion, Jordan indie champion, Plato left crying into a pile of haribo and sandwiches.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3154371)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I still haven't seen one of his sandwiches... are they only for sale in the tesco petrol stations or the main tescos store as well?
Old 19 Oct 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3154382)   #8
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I still haven't seen one of his sandwiches... are they only for sale in the tesco petrol stations or the main tescos store as well?
Only the petrol station.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3154388)   #9
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank goodness this is the last round of the year...not exactly been a classic has it?

If Honda don't win, there's something seriously wrong. And I'm saying that from a totally neutral point of view. Pretty clear since the start of the season that Honda have by far and away had the best chassis, and if they were on a level footing with everyone else turbo wise a Honda driver would probably have had it wrapped up weeks ago.

So A* effort by everyone at TOCA and Alan Gow for fabricating it into a "last round decider" again.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3154390)   #10
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Only the petrol station.
....as he nerfs the pumps whilst passing them on his way out.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3154403)   #11
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Annoyingly, it is actually a really nice sandwich.

Back to the topic...

Hoping for Shedden to take the title, I thought at the start of the year that it's "his turn" really, much as '09 felt like it was Turkington's year. Jordan for the indie title and Pirtek for the teams, just to complete the Honda set
Old 19 Oct 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3154413)   #12
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to Shedden win as he's certainly deserving. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind seeing Plato win -- it would even out from 2011 where I felt the normally aspirated cars got the shaft on "equality." Heck, if you just took transcripts from 2011 and 2012 and blanked out the names, you wouldn't be able to tell who was talking!

I'd love to see Dave Newsham show us one last bit of Vectra magic, though

Steve
Old 19 Oct 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3154466)   #13
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The NGTC cars struggled last year on the GP track, so maybe we'll see some S2000s up front?

What about another Newsham win? It'll probably the last ever chance for the venerable Vectra to taste the front again, BTW.
Old 20 Oct 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3154734)   #14
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still really struggle to cheer for Newsham, he seems really nice and a proper gent, friends that have spoken to him say he's straight up and has a lot of time for the fans, but I cannot stand his team mate. fair enough he's got a winning team together, but it's his incessant basking in someone else's glory that really does it for me (such as his Vettel-itus, if you haven't won the race, you keep that bloody finger down!)
Old 20 Oct 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3154740)   #15
markreeves
Racer

England
Hull
markreeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MG's have got a new paint job for Brands for cancer research, look so much better than usual.

Edit: Picture of it here: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=8288
Old 20 Oct 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3154765)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well it's a big improvement isn't it? The usual scheme just looks like someone's thrown some stickers up in the air and they've landed on the car.
Old 20 Oct 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3154771)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markreeves View Post
The MG's have got a new paint job for Brands for cancer research, look so much better than usual.

Edit: Picture of it here: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=8288
Still a bit messy but way better as their regular livery.
Old 20 Oct 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3154792)   #18
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little look at the title race from recent years - makes good reading for Shedden if history is anything to go by...

http://www.mattsalisbury.co.uk/2012/...dent-a-little/
Old 20 Oct 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3154962)   #19
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was one of the most exciting qualifying sessions I've seen for a while, really tight right to the end. Should make for some great racing tomorrow.

Hopefully Shedden can keep out of trouble at the start, then may the best man take the title
Old 20 Oct 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3155052)   #20
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The two Team HARD cars look superb in white on track. Aaron Williamson was on fire too this afternoon!
Old 20 Oct 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3155084)   #21
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good effort from Williamson and from what I've read the team did minimal running in the FP sessions.

The grid looks promising for tomorrow, I predict a strong WSR weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
Sheds champion, Jordan indie champion, Plato left crying into a pile of haribo and sandwiches.
Admittedly I chuckled at this despite being a Plato supporter..
Old 20 Oct 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3155097)   #22
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly an interesting quali. What was going on with Mr Wrathall's smoke machine? Williamson very impressive - will he be able to race as well as he qualifies?

Well, for the first time in about five years I'm actually going to be able to attend this one. First time ever at Brands, as well. Can't wait!
Old 21 Oct 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3155379)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Top 3 in Race 1 was Neal, Jordan, Onslow Cole.

Shedden finished 5th with Plato 8th so Shedden has actually extended his championship lead by 3 to 18pts. But Matt Neal's only 20pts behind now.. I can almost see him stealing it at the last race!

Jordan is 35pts ahead in the Independants with only 40 available.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3155385)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh for a race 3 showdown. All three equal on points... what odds on that?
Old 21 Oct 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3155402)   #25
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andy Neate needs his licence removing. That was shocking. Lots of damage, expense and hopefully no injury after that boneheaded move.