Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Dec 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3180640)   #1
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The World Ends..Murphs Goooorrrnnneeeeeeee

The World did end today for Kiwis today....Murphs pulls the pin on a full time V8 Drive...http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/12/21/...-v8-supercars/
Old 21 Dec 2012, 01:24 (Ref:3180642)   #2
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm more annoyed at the world not actually ending than Murphy not having a full-time drive, and by that, I'm not really annoyed at all.

He hasn't really achieved a lot in the last few years. Neither did Bargwanna, and he's gone. Skaife's form slumped, and he left. Same goes for Seton, Morris, etc.

We know Ingall's next. Steve Johnson won't be too far behind.

You can't drive these things forever. If you're in the bottom half of the field, 90% of the time, you'll be fighting to keep your seat next season.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3180646)   #3
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out

Cya!!!
Old 21 Dec 2012, 02:01 (Ref:3180648)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its like a weight is lifted from my shoulders, The rage is no more!

That being said, If i had a team, i would have already rang him for a enduro ride
Old 21 Dec 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3180649)   #5
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well its not as if we didn't see that coming from a mile away.

oh well, at least Murph has seen this coming and found his feet in the SuperTourers, so he will still be doing his thing in NZ, and then of course enduros for the SC's
Old 21 Dec 2012, 04:27 (Ref:3180673)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The world is said to be ending at 10.11pm Sydney time, so a ways to go yet

Meantime, its interesting that Mr Percat and Mr Murphy, both represented by Mr Henderson's DSEG management group, were said to be competing for the second Tekno seat

One might have thought that negotiations would be interesting, representing 2 clients wanting an identical outcome, with one always going to lose out..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Dec 2012, 04:30 (Ref:3180674)   #7
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No I am going to miss old Murphy.

Thanks for that great lap at Bathurst!
Old 21 Dec 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3180694)   #8
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The best thing about Murph is the way he winds up Aussies....

And we still haven't forgotten the underarm bowl..
Old 21 Dec 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3180695)   #9
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO! with Murph gone who will left too do quick laps at Bathurst now. MURPH'S lap of the God's will be remembered for year's to come.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3180727)   #10
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well I guess now that Murph has gone it's time to find a Murph replacement - I guess that it's now out of Courtney - Tander or Johnson , someone has to wear the black hat , it must be in the rules somewhere
Old 21 Dec 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3180733)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Im gonna miss Murph driving around in the Pepsi Max ****box, Im not going to miss him coming back next year in a solid enduro drive (888??) and showing that hes still got what it takes to compete in V8s (sure he's not at his peak but he's still got more then what most people give him credit for).
Old 21 Dec 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3180930)   #12
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am sure that "Murph" would love to have his time again when making some of the decisions he has made from about his K Mart days on ??
Like him or hate him he has always worn his heart on his sleeve and been a real character of Australian/NZ motorsport. He has always told it like it is and this rolled in with the old fashioned whinge and a pretty good ego has made him unpopular at times.
Nobody can take away winning Bathurst or "that lap" and who could forget " 5 minutes" and his Bathurst tangle and verbal with Ambrose.
Love him or hate him the guy could steer, was successful, brought some great entertainment to many and left a multitude of memories for motorsport lovers on both sides.
His passion for Bathurst is well known and knowing "Murph" whether good or bad, there may well be more memories to come.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3181081)   #13
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out

Cya!!!
+1
Old 23 Dec 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3181281)   #14
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
clap calp.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 23 Dec 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3181486)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was time to call it. He hasn't been competitive or won a race for almost a decade thanks to poor decisions outside the cockpit or poor circumstances. It's probably better to find a competitive ride for the enduros than driving a boat anchor around the back of the field. I'm sure he can still compete in other series and work the media scene for another decade if he chooses.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3181515)   #16
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filthy, I am. Damn him for that one lap. How on earth was this clown allowed to win Bathurst 4 times??? It's kind of funny how a few days of inspiration counters 18 years of mediocrity. A poor reflection on New Zealanders that he is a popular figure.

Seriously Marcos, you should've punched this spanner's head in that day at Bathurst. An opportunity missed.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3181531)   #17
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to see him out of the series in 2013. However if he's competitive in the enduro's (odds on he will be), and if he can put in a good showing in the SuperTourers (a certainty going on his form in the series this year), then I think he'd be in for a chance for a full-time drive in 2014.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes in the 2013 SuperTourer season, especially with the Supercars off his chest for a year. I expect he'll dominate (much like he did this year bar the two rounds he missed).

Either way, Murph will continue to have hero-status in New Zealand. Deservedly so considering all the charity work and public speaking he does locally, not to mention the unwavering attention he pays his fans.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 01:54 (Ref:3181533)   #18
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Filthy, I am. Damn him for that one lap. How on earth was this clown allowed to win Bathurst 4 times??? It's kind of funny how a few days of inspiration counters 18 years of mediocrity. A poor reflection on New Zealanders that he is a popular figure.

Seriously Marcos, you should've punched this spanner's head in that day at Bathurst. An opportunity missed.
Marcos is probaby a cream puff he quickly moved back when Murphy started going off
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:09 (Ref:3181546)   #19
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Marcos is probaby a cream puff
There is no response to this.

Quote:
he quickly moved back when Murphy started going off
You know, unless it's obvious that the person is more than capable of smacking you, if you do take a step back, like Marcos did, you should regain yourself and then take two steps forward. It's not as if Greg is some Macho Man. He's more like one of those dogs that barks really loud and aggressively. Then once you step in the yard, run around the corner of the house and bark from there. It's just no one has ever tested him out, like that whale Morris. Muppets.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:17 (Ref:3181548)   #20
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
There is no response to this.
cream puff maybe?
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3181552)   #21
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
cream puff maybe?
Maybe something a bit more bitter or sour.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3181556)   #22
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
a cream puff that's been left out for a week?
Old 24 Dec 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3181566)   #23
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
I don't know what that tastes like. I would try to either.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3181619)   #24
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg who?
Old 24 Dec 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3181724)   #25
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
Greg who?
Is that you Lowndsey?