Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Apr 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3527408)   #51
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That depends, are you a first timer to Le Mans or cheese?
Old 14 Apr 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3527526)   #52
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say that I am going to come along every year and then end up being detained by my comfortable chair (and refreshments) watching the build up, however I will try to make an extra effort this year to come and say hello as it's now been a few years since my last appearance.
I did see James and Ayse at Silverstone on Sunday morning, but was in a rush so couldn't stop, they both looked far too busy entertaining anyway
Old 15 Apr 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3527719)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah! Was that while we were having our bacon butties? Shame you were in a rush!
Old 15 Apr 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3527730)   #54
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah! Was that while we were having our bacon butties? Shame you were in a rush!
You were by a bench behind the startline stands near the food stalls, so you could have been, I was just about to say hello when someone drew your attention, I guess it was another Ten tenther. I'll find the time to stop by at Le Mans.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 12:39 (Ref:3527919)   #55
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think i recognised The Hat on saturday on the steps at the wing too in the latter stages of the elms race?
Old 16 Apr 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3527929)   #56
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think i recognised The Hat on saturday on the steps at the wing too in the latter stages of the elms race?
There was speculation that you were spotted on the steps at the Wing towards the tail end of the ELMS race - I'm guessing this is probably confirmation...

Simon will however I am sure make the point that it was not The Hat but rather New Hat, but principle remains the same.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3527934)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yes, i was with the laydeez (and some friends of one of the others). unfortunately i'd lost all brain power and was firing on emergency lighting only cause it was so cold

of course, the hat received an upgrade. are we to still call it The Hat or is it doing a zytek/gibson effort and are we to call it Maurizio or something instead?
Old 16 Apr 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3527951)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That was my winter hat, not the straw version for summer, i was certain it was you but smiled at you several times and you just seemed to look straight past me so doubts crept in
Old 16 Apr 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3527971)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
sorry, it's faceblindness, not a genuine malicious ignore move it was only upon seeing the hat that i thought "....that's familiar... but why..." and figured it out about 10 minutes later!
Old 16 Apr 2015, 16:34 (Ref:3527980)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh well, but do thank your quite tall friend, she smiled at me but i don't think she knew who the hell i was.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3528001)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yes, i was with the laydeez (and some friends of one of the others). unfortunately i'd lost all brain power and was firing on emergency lighting only cause it was so cold

of course, the hat received an upgrade. are we to still call it The Hat or is it doing a zytek/gibson effort and are we to call it Maurizio or something instead?
I like that - calling the hat Maurizio. I think I should have a name for my rather motley old hat too. Fred perhaps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh well, but do thank your quite tall friend, she smiled at me but i don't think she knew who the hell i was.
I think she was smiling at Maurizio, not you......
Old 17 Apr 2015, 10:00 (Ref:3528183)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I like that - calling the hat Maurizio. I think I should have a name for my rather motley old hat too. Fred perhaps....
in the interests of respecting saint fred dibnah of yorkshire, unless it's a flatcap that might be a bit blasphemous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
she said she thought she saw some of the le mans folks to be fair to her! that was what made me put two and two together.

so yeah, if anyone sees me at any circuit and i blank them, do come up and ambush me and identify yourself. and if you don't identfy yourself, please excuse me if i'm vague cause i'm trying to figure out who you are. genuinely *not* ignoring you, i just don't see or remember faces (prosopagnosia). ask anyone who i've collected from the airport

Last edited by bella; 17 Apr 2015 at 10:10.
Old 19 Apr 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3528846)   #63
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at the pics of the wonderfully filled table with fine cheeses and beverages from last year and the rather impressive amount of us Le Mans pilgrims, I couldn't help but wondering: Does the ACO have any idea of what we're doing there?

I mean, should we be concerned that "they'd want a piece of that action" ?
Old 19 Apr 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3528914)   #64
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Looking at the pics of the wonderfully filled table with fine cheeses and beverages from last year and the rather impressive amount of us Le Mans pilgrims, I couldn't help but wondering: Does the ACO have any idea of what we're doing there?

I mean, should we be concerned that "they'd want a piece of that action" ?
They better not want a "piece" of any of it! That's our cheese
Old 19 Apr 2015, 16:51 (Ref:3528926)   #65
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, stay away from our cheese and our meeting place
Old 19 Apr 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3528936)   #66
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
And i don't want them having any of the wine, pate or various other drinks, but we could offer some of the sweets just to stop them banning us from having our meeting
Old 19 Apr 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3528937)   #67
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Please not let them taste the rocket fuel
Old 19 Apr 2015, 17:14 (Ref:3528939)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Please not let them taste the rocket fuel
Actually that might not be a bad idea, speaking from experience it is very hard to talk after a swig of that stuff
Old 19 Apr 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3528950)   #69
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I that case we should let mr. Ecclestone drink a whole bottle of it....
Old 21 Apr 2015, 12:06 (Ref:3529664)   #70
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm another Le Mans noob but I'm going to try and stop by. Any requests on something you'd like me to bring from the US?
Old 21 Apr 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3529673)   #71
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretzel flavoured M&Ms, they are my favourite but fiendishly expensive over here.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3529694)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Totally aware that it might be very difficult for you to bring Cheese or heavy items so, try and bring something that is considered local to your area of the world and is easy to bring, however if that is difficult then just bring yourself/guests all our welcome.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 18:01 (Ref:3530297)   #73
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicknell55 View Post
I'm another Le Mans noob but I'm going to try and stop by. Any requests on something you'd like me to bring from the US?

Welcome Bicknell55,

I know something light and savoury: Beef jerky !
Old 24 Apr 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3530471)   #74
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wine

Wine, if someone like wine, it will be a pleasure to taste some with you during your journey in le Mans.

Old 24 Apr 2015, 15:56 (Ref:3530523)   #75
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have you guys got any idea how awful it is to listen to you go on about all the lovely adult beverages (not to mention the comestibles) when we commissaires are not able to partake? We will probably be ironing out last-minute changes to the new sector system. So think of us as you imbibe.
keke