Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2018, 11:34 (Ref:3827130)   #101
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
And hopefully at some time in the future it will also work on the Dartford (Thames) Crossing that Sanef now run.
There's no gates there, so it's simply the online payment now
Old 6 Jun 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3827135)   #102
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
There's no gates there, so it's simply the online payment now
True, Simon.
And a very easy payment system. I put my childrens' cars on my account so they aren't penalised for coming to visit me.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3827137)   #103
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
True, Simon.
And a very easy payment system. I put my childrens' cars on my account so they aren't penalised for coming to visit me.
I think you mean to Dave

See you on Saturday

Simon
Old 6 Jun 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3827153)   #104
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think you mean to Dave

See you on Saturday

Simon
Yes I did.
Sorry Simon and sorry Dave!
See you on Saturday week.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3827232)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For the dense among us (ok, just me...), what's a Sanef Tag? Presumably not a new F1 powerplant....?
Old 6 Jun 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3827256)   #106
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is the little plastic box that gets you through the toll booths without paying.

Sanef is the company that runs some (all?) of the French toll roads.

I believe 'Tele Peage' (with some accents over some of the letters, that I wouldn't know how to type even if I knew where they went) is the official name.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3827259)   #107
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have copied others on here and had my AC regassed and the radio ear defenders arrived today. Just need to check camping gear and the rest of the check list to be ready in a weeks time :-)

Sean
Old 6 Jun 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3827276)   #108
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
It is the little plastic box that gets you through the toll booths without paying.

Sanef is the company that runs some (all?) of the French toll roads.

I believe 'Tele Peage' (with some accents over some of the letters, that I wouldn't know how to type even if I knew where they went) is the official name.
How much do these things cost?

(Edit - just looked it up for myself).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 6 Jun 2018 at 21:38.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 07:10 (Ref:3827313)   #109
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If you are travelling alone they are useful, but if you have a passenger they can just flash a credit card, cheaper and easier, just noticed that was my 8,000 th post on the forum. Not bad after 12 and a half years.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 07:42 (Ref:3827318)   #110
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Get a life!
Old 7 Jun 2018, 10:12 (Ref:3827350)   #111
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The telepeage tags also have the benefit of shorter queues at the booths as there are often tag-only lanes, plus are a few seconds quicker than card payments to get the barrier to go up.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 11:12 (Ref:3827637)   #112
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Get a life!
That is his life
Old 8 Jun 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3827639)   #113
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
How much do these things cost?

(Edit - just looked it up for myself).
Just so everyone knows, the Bip & Go costs €1.70 every month you use the badge and nothing the months you don't use the badge.
For regular users like me, it's €16 per year.
You're charged the tolls at the standard rate.
The downside is a one-off €10 for activation and €10 shipping to UK.
Time saved in Summer traffic is considerable - you use the dedicated lane both when entering and leaving the toll section and on busy routes, there are now non-stop télépéages where you just roll through at 30 kph.
As Simon pointed out, it's really handy driving a right-hand drive car alone in France and Spain. Sadly, I clock up 1000s of miles like that in France and Spain every year.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 06:18 (Ref:3828789)   #114
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
The SuperU supermarket in Arnage has had a make over. Slightly larger than before and more upmarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk