Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jun 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3828593)   #126
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Bit of throttle blending to help get the point across helped it look that bad.
It looked like that to me, or more he was just conceding the position early without defence. Very odd behaviour, once again Sutton scraped out some points in race 3.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 09:08 (Ref:3828601)   #127
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I guess we will see whether TOCA are forced to act before Croft...

If engines are designed to have parity, isn't TOCA mandated to give BMR a "workable engine solution" given the package they have?

Forgive me if I am oversimplifying, but can't TOCA just turn up the boost on the BMR engines?
Old 12 Jun 2018, 09:21 (Ref:3828603)   #128
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I guess we will see whether TOCA are forced to act before Croft...

If engines are designed to have parity, isn't TOCA mandated to give BMR a "workable engine solution" given the package they have?

Forgive me if I am oversimplifying, but can't TOCA just turn up the boost on the BMR engines?
The Subaru engine woes are nothing to do with parity or Toca. Swindon have had to reduce the engines power to prevent any further engine failures. When Swindon have come up with a solution to that, they can return to the power they should have been running. That will require more engine changes though. They could always try tugging on the heart strings of the other teams and Toca and ask for penalty free engine changes.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 09:42 (Ref:3828608)   #129
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another big failure was Stephen Jelly, on a supposed BMW track he failed to score a single point again
Old 12 Jun 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3828611)   #130
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
The Subaru engine woes are nothing to do with parity or Toca. Swindon have had to reduce the engines power to prevent any further engine failures. When Swindon have come up with a solution to that, they can return to the power they should have been running. That will require more engine changes though. They could always try tugging on the heart strings of the other teams and Toca and ask for penalty free engine changes.
correct. its nothing to do with toca that their engine isnt up to scratch.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3828615)   #131
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
another big failure was Stephen Jelly, on a supposed BMW track he failed to score a single point again
Jelly just isn't suiting NGTC, the focus was not great but Cook, Jackson and occasionally Butcher showed it still had a bit of pace last year, all the people saying he would be better in the RWD car I'm just not seeing it he's about where he was before.
I'd rather they dug up Mat Jackson, dusted him off and put him in it after Croft
Old 12 Jun 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3828622)   #132
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Ah ok, there was me thinking it was because they had been handed some kind of duff engine boost scenario, didn't know it was down on boost to stop it blowing up.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3828629)   #133
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah ok, there was me thinking it was because they had been handed some kind of duff engine boost scenario, didn't know it was down on boost to stop it blowing up.

When you spend time looking the interesting thing on both Price and Plato is they are always slow in any speed trap, any data engineer will tell you that there is always an outlier , i.e a particularly great exit , or a mistake , missed chicane etc that adds to the straight line speed at some point but even variables dont help, the Price and Plato cars are woeful in a straight line , Suttons is slightly better so suspect team favouring him with the best of the engines they have, this leads me onto the famous Quote from Dave Price when Nigel Mansell complained about his Dolomite Engine when racing against Brett Riley in British F3, Mansell felt Price favoured Riley and challenged him on the engines, Price simply replied that was impossible because all the Dolomite engines were s**t and unfortunately that is currently the state of play on the Scoobys.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3828642)   #134
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Plato's season so bad, he's behind Dan Lloyd in the standings, who's only just returned to the series!
Old 12 Jun 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3828646)   #135
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Plato's season so bad, he's behind Dan Lloyd in the standings, who's only just returned to the series!
Plato's level with me! 😁
Old 12 Jun 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3828704)   #136
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
It looked like that to me, or more he was just conceding the position early without defence. Very odd behaviour, once again Sutton scraped out some points in race 3.
I think Jason's smart enough to know that scrapping with someone over 4th from last place (or similar no significant position) and risk damage on the car is metaphorically and literally pointless. And it'd cost BMR financially. They are already against a wall so making the situation even worse for no reward doesn't make sense.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3828710)   #137
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Any clues as to why they are in such a financial mire?
Old 12 Jun 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3828715)   #138
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys

Everyone saying about the grid squeeze incident just look back over history, ther have been some real big ones at Snetterton, Oulton and Brands.
More cars, and more equal cars means a lot more need to be desperate to gain or defend a position

Look at the 2017 Junior Ginetta races - Smalley Jumps harper (now Porsche) but gets squeezed into the wall and spun around Dyson I think it was...........its no different...drivers get spat off who are not to blame.....jeepers look at what happened to Smalley in Sundays Ginetta live race, binned off minding his own business giving away a top 2 (given the pace he had a win was an opportunity)

Its racing and happens all the time...........just about being smart to it or having a budget that you dont have to back off!
Old 12 Jun 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3828723)   #139
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if they are in financial mire doesn't it mean they were big failures in gathering sponsorship ? after all they won the title previously, surely a good way to attract sponsors....
Old 12 Jun 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3828724)   #140
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
.....the Price and Plato cars are woeful in a straight line , Suttons is slightly better so suspect team favouring him with the best of the engines they have.
JP was the first to get a Swindon engine whilst Sutton and Price were still using the Mountune units from last year.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3828727)   #141
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Lack of budget, pure and simple. Even some of the independent teams seem to have much better budgets allowing them to get some serious testing done during the winter. Something BMR failed to do for last year and this year. As a result of last year's lack of budget they struggled to pay last season's bills.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3828811)   #142
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Oulton Park is a great circuit. It might not be the widest, but from a driver's point of view it's one of the best on the calendar (if not the best) - plus it's always one of the most popular with spectators, and is near plenty of big cities and towns (Manchester, Liverpool, Preston etc).

I suspect if one track is to disappear from the calendar in the not too distant future it will be Rockingham
Don't say I didn't tell you
Old 13 Jun 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3828816)   #143
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
JP was the first to get a Swindon engine whilst Sutton and Price were still using the Mountune units from last year.
Which if rumours are to be believed he paid for out of his own pocket. Going by the performance so far the Mountune was probably the better one to have!
Old 13 Jun 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3828821)   #144
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Which if rumours are to be believed he paid for out of his own pocket. Going by the performance so far the Mountune was probably the better one to have!
Well, the Mountune engine was certainly pretty trick and let's face it, didn't look short of pace at the end of last season did it?