Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Mar 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3893899)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Question about Parking (Rouge) for a long period

My allocation for Tertre Rouge campsite tickets has since long been spoken for, but an extra mate of mine wants to join in to the fun. Very good, the more the merrier! But this brings along logistical issues. I can not get him in on Tertre Rouge with his car, so he bought a parking ticket for Parking Rouge. The parking is actually called that, and is in the Red Parking area, of course.
On his ticket is mentioned that it valid June 14th till June 16th, so friday till sunday. But he arrives on thursday afternoon! Parking is free on that parking apparently during qualifying, so no guaranteed place. Is this the case for all (Red) Parkings, ie. Expo, Rotonde? Can he leave his car there from thursday afternoon till sunday afternoon?
Old 28 Mar 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3893916)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Vince a good few years ago one of our team parked there and then joined us on the camp site, no problem, but that must have been over ten years ago
Old 28 Mar 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3893977)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Reply to my question I received on pistonheads:

"Parking Rouge is in a different area to Parking Expo and Parking Rotonde. Parking Rouge is accessed from Avenu du Panorma which runs parallel to the dual carriageway and you access the circuit across a pedestrian bridge. That area is open for practice but I think it might be closed on the Friday but fairly sure I have seen cars in it and I think it might be marshalled so if you are in it you can get out, whether they will let you back in is a different question! However if he has a parking ticket for that area and parks up during practice on Thursday I would be inclined to try and speak to the marshalls then, and just leave the parking ticket visible in the car."

So should not be a problem then
Old 28 Mar 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3893979)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Tourists always used (and still use) Parking Rouge. It's 10 years since my last trip with them but we certainly parked in there on Thursdays and Fridays without a problem. The gate was certainly marshalled though but if you had a ticket - no problem.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3894180)   #5
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Parking Rouge is free for practice sessions. Here the screenshot from the ACO ticketing but they will control on friday morning the cars that will stay.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2019-03-29 LE MANS org Official ticketing.png