Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Apr 2003, 09:24 (Ref:556976)   #1
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic & Vintage fun and games on the Silverstone International Circuit.

I have entered my Bugatti T44 for the Vintage Sports Car Club event at Silverstone, Saturday week, 12th April.

Barring further problems with my gearbox I shall be competing, otherwise marshalling. This should be a fabulous day out, relatively inexpensive, post war single seaters as well as pre-war cars, more overtaking in one race than the whole F1 season! For further details go to www.vscc.co.uk.

If you have never been before just give it a try....
Old 3 Apr 2003, 12:43 (Ref:557198)   #2
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since I posted the above I have just checked the regs for the day, the programme includes;
(1) High speed trial open to all eligible cars.
(2) 4/5 Handicap races.
(3) 10 lapper for Vintage, pre 1930 racers.
(4) 12 lapper for pre 1961 single seaters.
(5) 8 lapper for pre 1941 sports cars.
(6) 10 lapper for invited 1950's sports cars.

Not neccessarily in that order!

Steve McQueen.
Old 3 Apr 2003, 17:22 (Ref:557460)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eclectic, I'm hoping I might get to the meeting; it's usually good fun and makes a great start to my spectating season. I tend to film everything that moves on 4 wheels (three, counting the Morgans!!!) in the paddock, so might see you there. Very envious of the Bug!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 4 Apr 2003, 06:39 (Ref:557976)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's going to be a good and busy weekend that weekend VSCC at Silverstone on the Saturday and HSCC at Donington on the Sunday
Old 8 Apr 2003, 15:32 (Ref:562888)   #5
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there on saturday...providing an invaluable service to those who feel it necessary to deviate from the track!
Old 10 Apr 2003, 19:34 (Ref:565450)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice One Chezza. Hope you are not kept too busy - I believe they've forecast rain but I hope they are wrong. Have a good meeting! And you too, Eclectic!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 10 Apr 2003, 20:53 (Ref:565545)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there of course - wouldn't miss the VSCC opener for anything. But for a change I'm there in an official sort of capacity. If you see the big green "Collectors Carbooks" shop bus, pop in and say hi!
Old 11 Apr 2003, 08:00 (Ref:565939)   #8
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please call in and see me opposite Collectors Carbooks and peruse my photographs TED WALKER(FERRET FOTOGRAPHICS)
Old 15 Apr 2003, 19:53 (Ref:570443)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Tim, Hi,

I didn't see your posting until now but it must have been you that I purchased 5 old bound volumes of Motor Sport (and a couple of other books) from. Second year running that you have lightened my wallet! You missed a good meeting if you were cooped up in the van all day long!

Hi, also to Eclectic, who I introduced myself to. Hope you enjoyed your day. Out in 2 event; it appeared you completed both with no mechanical malardies. There are more comments on KRT's VSCC Silverstone thread.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 21:28 (Ref:570531)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi John,

I do remember the sale! But I must emphasise this was my first trip out with the bus. Up until now, I've been a customer too, and I was asked to help out, I suspect, on the grounds that I've bought so much of the stock myself in the past, that I'd probably have half a clue what I was talking about!

Eclectic, sorry not to catch you after your second race. I was manning the van during the 50s sports cars, and after that, it was time to up sticks. Hope I can get to see the Bugatti in action again in the very near future. (Meant to ask you about the coachwork - looks intriguing.)

Delighted to meet David McKinney, gfm and Ted Walker. Hope to chat more next time. Looks like the VSCC meetings are a great place for get-togethers. Must organise a real, good old noggin and natter sometime.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 08:37 (Ref:572892)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Hi, Tim,

Poacher turned Gamekeeper then ... well sort of? You may recall that you noted that my 'assistant' (KRT917, incidentally) had elected to disappear just as I needed help carrying my purchases! Didn't get to meet the other guys, though, because after the pit walkabout, spent most of the time at Luffield filming the action out of Bridge round to Woodcote. Noggin and Natter sounds a good idea!
Old 18 Apr 2003, 16:08 (Ref:573291)   #12
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must defend myself here - I got out of the way so that other people could get in and look at the fantastic selection of books! It definitely had NOTHING to do with the fact that they looked heavy!!