Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Nov 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1463015)   #26
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But one question must be allowed: WHY did the LMES need a better TV coverage? WHY should their be a better local promotion?

The point with the facilities is a track problem not a LMES problem.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1463024)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz.lmp1
But one question must be allowed: WHY did the LMES need a better TV coverage? WHY should their be a better local promotion?
I am sorry but I cant understand why you think that better TV coverage or more spectators at the event are not desirable.

Quote:
The point with the facilities is a track problem not a LMES problem.
Not really true - LMES should negotiate the facilities available for the event within their contract with the circuit - such as Grandstands being open (Silverstone), food outlets open etc. Also information about the race such as event radio which in my mind is essential in endurance racing could be supported by LMES
Old 17 Nov 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1463047)   #28
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I am sorry but I cant understand why you think that better TV coverage or more spectators at the event are not desirable.
Because i now that free TV coverage and more local promotion costs money. Whre did you get this money from? From the teams with a higher entry fee? Than we have less teams but a few minutes of TV coverage (for me the current wy with motors tv is an excellent way)? That´s not what i want. Sportscar racing and long endurance racing are the heaven for "real" fans but difficault to understand for the normal fans which knows that a race is about 300km and would decide in the pitlane ...

I´m right that it would be great for teams and drivers toi have large crowds at the track - but on the other hand i don´t forget the costs to achieve this ... and then i think it is better to improve the serie as they did in the last two years without expensive promotions. For me the LMES did it very clever: they accept a lot of internet magazines and with this coverage they reach a lot of "real" motorsport fans for 0 EURO.

Quote:
Not really true - LMES should negotiate the facilities available for the event within their contract with the circuit - such as Grandstands being open (Silverstone), food outlets open etc. Also information about the race such as event radio which in my mind is essential in endurance racing could be supported by LMES
So that´s a track problem. At the Nürburgring and Monza most of the grandstands are open. How would you finance an event radio for the LMES when Radio Le Mans has problems every year at THE race?

I agree that it would be great to have radio or the PDA system they use (have used?) in the ALMS but i also know that most of the car owners and drivers are happy with the current system - and they are the one who finance this.

The other way would be more works entries. Then we have the possibility for more TV coverage, etc. but then we would have the discussion that privatiers can´t win again the GruppeM Porsches like we have in FIA-GT.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1463137)   #29
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

To be honest I'm very happy with the Motors TV coverage of LMES having been brought up with almost next to no Sports Car racing TV coverage. You should see the look of joy on my wife's face when I inform her I'm going to tape ALL 6 HOURS of a LMES race and then watch it later.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1463142)   #30
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Certainly for the Silverstone events the radio service was back by Embassy Racing, who also supported the same service at all of the mainland F3/GT rounds this year.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1463148)   #31
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Hello,

To be honest I'm very happy with the Motors TV coverage of LMES having been brought up with almost next to no Sports Car racing TV coverage. You should see the look of joy on my wife's face when I inform her I'm going to tape ALL 6 HOURS of a LMES race and then watch it later. To a certain extent "We've never had it so good". That doesn't mean to say that improvements couldn't be made.

I think one of the problems with LMES is it is not an FIA organised series as far as I know and therefore has less clout. If the Circuit owners treated Formula One the same way, Bernie would walk away laughing his head and Max would probably Fine the Owner.

If circuits don't want to play ball then move to one which will like Silverstone to Donington??

Perhaps the ACO will get more involved and help pay for promotion of the series which is their's after all.

Nick
Old 24 Nov 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1469102)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I would like to see RfH with that Dome S101 Hybrid with either the Mugen or the Judd GV5 engine in it . It was a quick machine last year and sounded great !
Old 24 Nov 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1469106)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49
I think one of the problems with LMES is it is not an FIA organised series as far as I know and therefore has less clout. If the Circuit owners treated Formula One the same way, Bernie would walk away laughing his head and Max would probably Fine the Owner.
Le Mans doesnt want to be Fia sanctioned or need the Fia to run its own series . The last time the Fia got involved with Le Mans they almost ruined it . Indeed they did ruin the 1992 race with 29 starters .

Let the Fia go play with their F1 series and leave Le Mans alone . Le Mans dont need 'em !!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1469360)   #34
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the FIA were involved then costs would soar and everything would become a total farce. Just see The Badger's 1992 comment.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 15:32 (Ref:1469368)   #35
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that doesn't mean they didn't learned from it ..

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Nov 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1469369)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah ..... they learned "NOT" to become involved with the Fia or not to allow the Fia to become involved with them !!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1469409)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The agreement is that the FIA/ACO will agree on the LMP and GT regs, but the ACO will be given free reign to organise their own LMP races.

The FIA will concentrate on F1 and to a lesser extent the FIA GT series.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1470013)   #38
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Hello,

I would agree that the last thing the Le Mans Series needs is the FIA organising it but my original remark about the ACO having less clout seems to stand. I would have thought it was in the ACO's best interest to really promote their own series and if the circuits don't want to play ball then go to where they do want to.

What I'm trying to get at is, Sports Car racing has to get in the same position that F1 is with regard to getting the best for their races. When I was following the Group C Sports Car series, it seemed to have that appeal and effect.

Roll on next year

Nick