Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2466239)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Monaco GP 2009

Someone else can do the fiddly bits but seeing as first practice is on I thought we should at least have a thread.
Old 21 May 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2466282)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm no good at the "fiddly bits" either.

To summarise:

Vettel lost an engine and Kubica and Heidfeld moaned a lot.No change there then.
Old 21 May 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2466284)   #3
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like everyone has lost interest. This thread feels like if I shouted I would get an echo. I can not comment on FP1 as I am at work and can not watch it.
Old 21 May 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2466287)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJ View Post
Looks like everyone has lost interest.
Maybe there's a more interesting racing series taking place elsewhere ?
Old 21 May 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2466293)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nice weather in the Principality!!

'F'ettel had a nasty engine set back there it seemed. Hamilton was the first to get down to some decent times but the Brawn quickly put that right!

Overall Red Bull seemed to be getting used to the new rear end more than anything else.
Old 21 May 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2466318)   #6
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
craigd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does that mean Vettel's race is screwed? 10 place grid penalty for engine change? The second one for him this year.
Old 21 May 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2466320)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Peter, I was about to do it as Chatters PMed me explaining that he just hadn't the time to do it and Burnsie isn't on-line the last few days. And I'm not good at writing in the BB, specially when I'm outdoors, I need some glasses also...arghhh...

I don't know about the fiddly bits, so if anyone has the will to do it, please do it.
Old 21 May 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2466322)   #8
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd View Post
So does that mean Vettel's race is screwed? 10 place grid penalty for engine change? The second one for him this year.
I think there's only a grid penalty when a driver has gone through all eight engines
Old 21 May 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2466441)   #9
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rosberg tops his 9th FP session of the season so far, so it seems the run of races where the driver on top in FP2 doesn't win the race
Old 21 May 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2466443)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remaining BBC coverage for UK:

Next Formula 1 coverage on the BBC
On TV
Inside F12009, 22/05/2009
22 May 200918:4519:00BBC News Channel
Formula 12009, The Monaco Grand Prix - Qualifying
23 May 200912:1014:15BBC One
Inside F12009, 24/05/2009
24 May 200903:1003:25BBC Two
On Radio
5 live Formula 122/05/2009
22 May 200921:3022:00BBC Radio 5 live
Formula 123/05/2009
23 May 200909:5511:05BBC Radio 5 live sports extra
5 live Formula 123/05/2009
23 May 200913:0014:00BBC Radio 5 live
On Red Button/Website
Interactive TV and website coverage
Old 21 May 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2466455)   #11
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I think there's only a grid penalty when a driver has gone through all eight engines
But Vettel and Barrichello got penalties in Malaysia. Was that just cos it was a gearbox change? If they lose one of their 8 engines early on, that's sure going to put a strain for the rest of the season!
Old 21 May 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2466487)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I think I heard that Kubica has lost yet another engine.Happy times at BMW.....not!
Old 21 May 2009, 15:45 (Ref:2466516)   #13
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoyed the BBC coverage today. It's one of the advantages of resting between jobs, as actors would say. The onboard stuff, particularly from Hamilton, was excellent. I also like the various commentators for free practice from the Radio 5 live team. Ant Davidson and Ian Phillips are excellent, being both informative and entertaining. They both pointed out the difficulties of the kerb going into Mirebeau, Ant from a drivers point of view and Phillips when leaving the Tip Top bar at 3am.
Old 21 May 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2466544)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
and Phillips when leaving the Tip Top bar at 3am.
Now all I get is an arabic commentary. Thus I lose the quality of the BeeB at this point.
Old 21 May 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2466546)   #15
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd View Post
But Vettel and Barrichello got penalties in Malaysia. Was that just cos it was a gearbox change?
Vettel's was the idiotic one for having an accident with Kubica. Barrichello's was 5 places for a gearbox change, just like Hamilton got in Australia and Glock in China.
Old 21 May 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2466577)   #16
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Vettel's was the idiotic one for having an accident with Kubica. Barrichello's was 5 places for a gearbox change, just like Hamilton got in Australia and Glock in China.

Ah, my mistake. Thanks.
Old 21 May 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2466581)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nope I think it was Vettel's.
Old 21 May 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2466602)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter, off to the beach !
Old 21 May 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2466663)   #19
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Now all I get is an arabic commentary. Thus I lose the quality of the BeeB at this point.
I have to say that in some ways I've enjoyed free practice days on the beeb better than the rest of the coverage Peter. A good mix of information, politics, fun and history. All the commentators Croft, Davidson, Hamilton and Phillips bring something different and Holly Samos in the pits is excellent. Today's coverage was excellent and gave a real feel of Monaco for those of us unable to afford to go.
The circuit really sorts the men from the boys as well which is rare these days.
Old 21 May 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2466800)   #20
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be interesting to see hwo RBR recover from losing both cars from parts of both sessions. With no testing and new rear aero i would think this is the weekend more then usual you ened to be running all session every session evaluating the rear end and dialling the car in
Old 22 May 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2466822)   #21
Mistral
Rookie

France
Nîmes, France
Mistral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again BMW is completely rubbish. While Ferrari and McLaren are slowly getting back to the front runners group, BMW appears to be worsening race by race. They might even consider do a ''Honda/Brawn'', giving up of this year and concentrating all efforts in the development of next year's car.
Old 22 May 2009, 01:14 (Ref:2466826)   #22
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't they do that last year when Kubica had won his first race?

Hindsight, as they say.........
Old 22 May 2009, 04:50 (Ref:2466846)   #23
v8fan
Rookie

v8fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
Didn't they do that last year when Kubica had won his first race?

Hindsight, as they say.........
Apparently... just not very well
Old 22 May 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2467037)   #24
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
best bit of the weekend so far.....walking past a couple of the team trucks watching a Ferrarri mech walk past the BMW truck take a sneaky look both was and pinch a pallet from under the truck
Old 22 May 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2467132)   #25
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shock Horror!

If Ferrari are found to be using BMW based storage and transportation devices what could be the potential fine?

Tags
formula 1, monaco