Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Apr 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3234266)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
It's even older than that, this Pitpass story (includes comments from the Webber himself) is from mid-Feb: http://www.pitpass.com/48383-Exclusi...-Porsche-links
It was being rumoured last year.

I wonder when Heidfeld will get announced as I'd put my house on him winding up there.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3234268)   #27
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It was being rumoured last year.
Do you meant this? Via in-thread search: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...er#post3094006

I think that's more like a guess and not directly connected to this version of the rumor.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3234391)   #28
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and here is the customary denial:http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...tm_source=t.co
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:37 (Ref:3234397)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I thought after the comments on RLM at silverstone that it was all done and dusted but perhaps not
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:00 (Ref:3234414)   #30
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Marko used to get on quite well with the folk at Weissach so maybe he's helping Webber 'out'?
Marko helping Webber out? Thats gold

Forget what you read in the Australian media, they have no idea at all.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3234447)   #31
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I thought after the comments on RLM at silverstone that it was all done and dusted but perhaps not
Yeah not sure Hindy handled that bit of news quite right on reflection.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3234527)   #32
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
...and here is the customary denial:http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...tm_source=t.co
Longer quote from Hatz:
Quote:
However Wolfgang Hatz, the member of Porsche AG Board of Management in charge of research and development, said that this wasn't the case and that the rumours were wrong: "There is a test plan, and for sure Mark Webber is not part of them," he told AutoAction later on Sunday.

"We can have perhaps some F1 drivers in the future, but it is not necessary," he continued. "We will use some of our own drivers and add some external drivers - we have two cars and need six drivers next year.

"We still have plenty of time to decide our driver line up," he added. "What we need is the best combination of drivers that fit together. LMP1 is a team sport, and if you have three of the quickest drivers I am not sure that this is the best way."
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/189906/...c_rumours.html
Old 15 Apr 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3234535)   #33
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes - It is quite obvious that Webber wont be part of the "test plan" as that will be conducted in 2013 and the rumored contract is for 2014.

Also a point of interest: When Dereck Bell was asked about the Webber rumors and if he thought Webber would go to Porsche; his reply was "I hear he has gone".

Last edited by Spyderman; 15 Apr 2013 at 11:20.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3234610)   #34
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Most interesting about the Hatz quotes is that he says they only need six drivers.

I'm not sure whether they will run a third car in 2014 but I suppose there's no need to announce that now. I don't think we'll see that until a year later.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3234611)   #35
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Wouldn't read too much into that... if he had explained they need 9 only for one race, the answer would have gotten a lot longer and more complicated.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3234701)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
hey this gets even more complicated every day, i know the extra publicity is what everyone involved wants but they are milking this dry now
Old 15 Apr 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3234753)   #37
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gah, Hindy announced it as if there was an official announcement, I assumed until this morning that it was done and dusted.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 00:18 (Ref:3234967)   #38
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Gah, Hindy announced it as if there was an official announcement, I assumed until this morning that it was done and dusted.
I suspect Hindhaugh 'passed it on' to give his operation a twitter surge. Very clever and cruel marketing ploy.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 04:32 (Ref:3235021)   #39
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I suspect Hindhaugh 'passed it on' to give his operation a twitter surge. Very clever and cruel marketing ploy.
That must be why German news papr Bild is reporting it was well ( but a 3 year deal, according to Bild ) ...and that Webber was actually at the factory not long ago.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3235022)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
That must be why German news papr Bild is reporting it was well ( but a 3 year deal, according to Bild ) ...and that Webber was actually at the factory not long ago.
Isnt Mr Webber a fanboi of the 911 GT2... and has at least one in his shed?

More than likely he picked up a new road car from the factory.. and drove it home
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Apr 2013, 04:37 (Ref:3235023)   #41
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

More than likely he picked up a new road car from the factory.. and drove it home
Yep, drove it home to Australia...
Old 16 Apr 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3235026)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yep, drove it home to Australia...
Sadly Mr Webber hasnt lived here for a dozen years or more...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Apr 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3235036)   #43
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
A 3 year deal sounds more plausible. I doubt that the board has approved a 5 year LMP1 program.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 05:52 (Ref:3235045)   #44
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Sadly Mr Webber hasnt lived here for a dozen years or more...
During the F1 race they said ne went to his "Australian beach house" for the two weeks before the China race. Maybe presenters just making stuff up. Or he doesn't live there full time?
Seems like a bloke I'd like to have a pint with, no matter where he lives, or what team he drives for.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3235047)   #45
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
A 3 year deal sounds more plausible. I doubt that the board has approved a 5 year LMP1 program.
Agreed
Old 16 Apr 2013, 07:34 (Ref:3235090)   #46
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think it will be 5 years either but 5 years doesn't necessarily mean 5 years in a P1 Porsche...
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3235109)   #47
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
During the F1 race they said ne went to his "Australian beach house" for the two weeks before the China race. Maybe presenters just making stuff up. Or he doesn't live there full tme
I believe that Webber's main residence is in the UK. That said, I'm sure he has earned enough in his career to afford an extra house if he so desires.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3235130)   #48
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I believe that Webber's main residence is in the UK. That said, I'm sure he has earned enough in his career to afford an extra house if he so desires.
Webber pays taxes in the UK indeed.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3235131)   #49
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm sure if he's struggling for money he can rent a room out to Nick Heidfeld in his new apartment in Germany. Jean-Karl Vernay can sleep on the couch.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3235276)   #50
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...6050.bild.html

Sounds like typical Bild BS, most unreliable source of motorsport news, and in any case I doubt Bild has any sources but instead they're just repeating other rumors (which they already did pre-Chinese GP).

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBSQTTGn9s

Tags
formula 1, le mans, webber