Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 5 Apr 2002, 01:16 (Ref:252326)   #1
Glen Hartigan
Rookie

Glen Hartigan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T.G...continues to dig the I.R.L grave

IRL moves to discourage teams running in both CART & IRL. The IRL is not going to let any chassis manufacturer who supplies chassis' to CART to be a supplier in the IRL starting next year. That means a team must buy totally different cars to compete in both series.This will backfire in T.G's face....http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2002/0404/1363327.html

Last edited by Glen Hartigan; 5 Apr 2002 at 01:18.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:18 (Ref:252363)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If a chassis manufacturer can build both types for each series, I see no reason why Lola should not be allowed to compete in the IRL, and why Dallara should not be allowed to compete in CART.

It would certainly keep costs down.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 18:08 (Ref:252884)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I've got nothing good to say about TG, so I'll just say nothing.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 19:34 (Ref:252929)   #4
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
I've got nothing good to say about TG, so I'll just say nothing.
good thing about tg.

he hasnt't spaced out at the usgp finish line.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 21:33 (Ref:253002)   #5
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know why TG has made this rule. Dallara were expected to join next year to help fill the void that Reynard will leave.

Lola said it can supply the whole CART grid, but I have my doubts.

George wants to ruin CART.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 00:00 (Ref:253087)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very disappointing move by Tony George, a person that I cannot manage to appreciate, no matter how I try.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 00:42 (Ref:253106)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This just goes to show that TG really doesn't care about the fans, and is only really interested in filling his own pockets and enlarging his already massive ego.

Last edited by mac; 6 Apr 2002 at 00:42.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 00:47 (Ref:253107)   #8
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a new version of the 25 and 8 rule. CART has changes it's package to conform to the IRL only to be screwed again. This rule would mean that CART team owners still need to purchase different equipment to run the Indy 500. Will Tony George make engine manufacturers supply the IRL exclusively next?

Every time CART extends an olive branch to come closer together, T.G. shoves it back.

Unfortunately for Tony, at the moment CART is looking like the stronger series despite what some members of the media would have you believe.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 01:20 (Ref:253119)   #9
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony George is a sad B*stard IMO with nothing better to do than make life difficult for anyone who is involved in CART to possibly get involved in the IRL and the Indy 500, well the best thing that the CART boys is do is enter cars for Indy or even better for the whole season, and show the IRL boys how it should be done.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 02:10 (Ref:253141)   #10
enzo
Racer

enzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony MAY try to introduce such a rule, but would most likely find himself on the losing end of a "Restraint of Trade" lawsuit.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 08:46 (Ref:253238)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting point, Enzo.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 12:25 (Ref:253408)   #12
paper
Rookie

paper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would it be a good idea for cart to promote off this fsllacy of rule.. cart,, "too tough for indy",, drivers in pre race ads, challenging irl drivers,, claiming their leader is too frightened to let them face the best,, I know this is very playground,, but it could really portray the actual immaturity, poor sportsmanship and the irl deamaning qualities... if you were a driver,, would you like what is happening? does any competitve person enjoy such protection? ......paper
Old 6 Apr 2002, 14:29 (Ref:253473)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Sadly I think this year the IRL teams will rule at Indy. There isn't a good CART team that can win at Indy.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 15:30 (Ref:253553)   #14
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't discount Jimmy...
Old 6 Apr 2002, 15:35 (Ref:253557)   #15
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
He wasn't great at Fontana!

So I think Jimmy will be a top 10 finisher, but won't win the race. CART only has Team Rahal and Team Green to win with. This is because Ganassi and Mo Nunn have an IRL team.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 15:39 (Ref:253562)   #16
Speed Demon
Racer

Erm, yes, but don't Kenny Brack, Bruno Junquiera and Tony Kanaan all count as CART? And the squads engineering their cars can't be crewed by the same people as the normal IRL drivers. So therefore, I'd still say they were counted as a CART team. Besides, if you asked Chip and Mo, I reckon they'd consider themselves CART teams first.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 18:28 (Ref:253645)   #17
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Its just my way of thinking. Did anyone ever mention Walker Racing as CART last year?

No, because they ran in IRL as well. So this is why I said Ganassi and Mo Nunn are not CART, they are both.

Your talking driver wise, which I'm not.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 23:11 (Ref:253833)   #18
Speed Demon
Racer

Well, I thought Walker Racing as a CART team last year. I work on the principle that if they were in CART before the formation of the IRL, they are a CART team. And no matter how hard RP protests, he still has a CART team in my opinion.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 23:43 (Ref:253851)   #19
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the whole purpose of splitting the forums was to stop cross-league slagging. I guess this means that it is open season on the CART fourum. If cart fans want to come troll the IRL forum, they can expect the same treatment.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 23:54 (Ref:253853)   #20
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just that the sad B*stard that Tony george is can't play nicely with the other boys that like playing with their toys at the same time, he wants to bully everyone until he can play alone, A F*cked up individual if you ask me.

Last edited by OVERSTEER; 6 Apr 2002 at 23:55.
Old 7 Apr 2002, 02:27 (Ref:253921)   #21
enzo
Racer

enzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
I thought the whole purpose of splitting the forums was to stop cross-league slagging. I guess this means that it is open season on the CART fourum. If cart fans want to come troll the IRL forum, they can expect the same treatment.
Strange, I seem to recall that you are continually preaching doom and gloom in the CART forum, and take particular delight in pointing out every possible flaw that CART has. And all supposedly is fine for you to do so because, in your opinion at least, you are right.

Well, bubba-bo, if the truth about the IRL and TG is out there, we ought to be able to explore it also in the IRL forum!

What's good for the goose, and all that..........
Old 7 Apr 2002, 02:35 (Ref:253925)   #22
Glen Hartigan
Rookie

Glen Hartigan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin

Before long you will not have to worry about two forums,just one,CART
Old 7 Apr 2002, 06:10 (Ref:253943)   #23
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
When CART lost its Michigan date, the fans were unhappy and expressed themselves. When CART made a fiasco out of Texas, and then wouldn't return the promoter's money, the fans were unhappy and expressed themselves. When Tony George made this new rule, the fans became unhappy and are trying to express themselves. Nobody's bashing the IRL here, Doctor. So sit down and relax. This rule directly effects CART and its teams, and deserves to be discussed. When I clicked onto the IRL forum here, no warning window appeared reading "No CART fans allowed".

What Tony George is doing here is wrong. Surely he looks at the numbers and notices that nobody is watching open wheel racing on television anymore. He looks into the stands and this fact is driven home. Likewise for CART. The market isn't big enough to support two major series in North America, and that is certainly no secret. Something must be done to try to bring the two sides back together. Before either, or both, of these two premier leagues falter. And just when we thought that maybe a little bit of headway was being made in that direction...
Old 7 Apr 2002, 07:17 (Ref:253957)   #24
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
Surely he looks at the numbers and notices that nobody is watching open wheel racing on television anymore. He looks into the stands and this fact is driven home. Likewise for CART. The market isn't big enough to support two major series in North America, and that is certainly no secret. Something must be done to try to bring the two sides back together.
Indeed. The divorce must be solved, and fast, otherwise BOTH series will eventually dwindle and die.

CART have been offering olive branches in the past few months, like taking the same chassis/engine combo as the IRL, but Tony George must reciprocate these moves by some of his own to make any sort of reunion possible.
Old 7 Apr 2002, 15:46 (Ref:254188)   #25
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by enzo

Strange, I seem to recall that you are continually preaching doom and gloom in the CART forum, and take particular delight in pointing out every possible flaw that CART has."

And since the forums were split, I have mostly stayed off the CART forum. But if CART fans are going to come here and start calling George names and pull other childish stunts, they have no right to expect IRL fans not to give it back to them.

"Well, bubba-bo, if the truth about the IRL and TG is out there, we ought to be able to explore it also in the IRL forum!"

Truth is one thing, which is fine, but this entire thread is a giagantic troll.