Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2020, 10:40 (Ref:4022320)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kimi once said the first three corners are good, but the rest of the circuit is s*** and we all remember what Mark Webber said when he compared this track to Mugello. That says it all!

Anyway, was so good to hear the V10 of that 05 Renault demo. Who says sound isn't important? And the car was on slicks rather than those horrible grooved tyres it originally ran. I wonder if it didn't have traction control too?
Old 12 Dec 2020, 11:00 (Ref:4022322)   #27
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Anyway, was so good to hear the V10 of that 05 Renault demo. Who says sound isn't important? And the car was on slicks rather than those horrible grooved tyres it originally ran. I wonder if it didn't have traction control too?
I’ve no idea if anybody ever said sound isn’t important, who do you think said it.

Yes, I saw they ran the old car on tyres it wasn’t designed for.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 11:05 (Ref:4022323)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s just with this big obsession with electric cars, that some people don’t seem fussed about the sound of a racing engine, when for me that’s part of the attraction of racing cars. The spine tingling engine note
Old 12 Dec 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4022324)   #29
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
You probably would have enjoyed the 80s turbos. Or maybe you did!
Old 12 Dec 2020, 11:17 (Ref:4022325)   #30
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s just with this big obsession with electric cars, that some people don’t seem fussed about the sound of a racing engine, when for me that’s part of the attraction of racing cars. The spine tingling engine note
Me too!

Then tihis from free practice 3, I thought they had banned engine modes!!??

12 December, 2020 - 10:47
Hamilton is told he's losing most of the time to Verstappen 'on the straights' suggesting there's a lot more engine mode to come from Mercedes.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 12:10 (Ref:4022331)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You probably would have enjoyed the 80s turbos. Or maybe you did!

Unfortunately I am on the verge of turning only 30, so I am not old enough to have seen that era when it happened. But I do enjoy watching races from that era, so much simpler than it is now
Old 12 Dec 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4022332)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Me too!

Then tihis from free practice 3, I thought they had banned engine modes!!??

12 December, 2020 - 10:47
Hamilton is told he's losing most of the time to Verstappen 'on the straights' suggesting there's a lot more engine mode to come from Mercedes.
You can’t change the mode in qualifying and the race, but you can in practice. Presumably so you can test and improve reliability.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4022334)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You can’t change the mode in qualifying and the race, but you can in practice. Presumably so you can test and improve reliability.
I think also they turn the engines down a bit in practice to increase engine life in these days of limited components and grid penalties.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 12:50 (Ref:4022336)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this the last race for the black Mercedes livery? It's awesome and should stay.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 12:55 (Ref:4022340)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Ta, thanks guys.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 13:16 (Ref:4022346)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Is this the last race for the black Mercedes livery? It's awesome and should stay.

Old 12 Dec 2020, 14:10 (Ref:4022355)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max pips Lewis and Bottas to take pole and Norris qualifies 4th. Exciting times.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 14:21 (Ref:4022360)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis comes back, circuit is rubbish. Going to be a boring weekend.

I guess someone forgot to tell Max and Lando!
Old 12 Dec 2020, 14:42 (Ref:4022362)   #39
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Posiible. They reverted to a silver livery in Formula E too for the upcoming season
Old 12 Dec 2020, 15:10 (Ref:4022364)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They should have had Russell in the car!

Well done Max!
Old 12 Dec 2020, 15:35 (Ref:4022369)   #41
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't usually get excited by much these days (im old & miserable) but i have to say i was very excited by Verstappens & Norris`s qualifying laps. All we need now is for Hamilton NOT to lead into turn 4 and then we can have a race!
Old 12 Dec 2020, 16:39 (Ref:4022382)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice one Max.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 17:34 (Ref:4022390)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well not what we expected was it lewis on the second row could make the first corner interesting, after that not sure the race will be that exciting, but we can hope
Old 13 Dec 2020, 09:10 (Ref:4022530)   #44
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Should be a good race. Well done to Verstappen and Red Bull, but star of the show for me was Norris. I think he even surprised himself with that lap.

Nice to see Albon in the mix at least, his first run in final qualifying is probably more akin to where that car is expected to be.

Kvyatt also had a good day.

This race is probably the last time for many things:
Kvyatt in F1?
Vettel in a Ferrari
Ricciardo in Renault
Perez in F1?
Magnussen in F1?
Albon?
Sainz in a McLaren

and so on
Old 13 Dec 2020, 10:51 (Ref:4022551)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

Great job by Max to pull that lap out the bag. Albon only 5th, but not far off pole. Now is the time to show what he is made of if he is to have any chance to remain in F1. Norris showed he is not going to let the performance of another young British star last race get the better of him. Lewis admitted he's not feeling 100%, so no wonder he's only third.

Still with Perez at the back, what chance a second win
Old 13 Dec 2020, 12:53 (Ref:4022590)   #46
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This week I do not have pie, but I may have a beer while flitting between the telly for the race and the kitchen to tend to beef joint that's going in the oven when they start the parade lap...
Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:05 (Ref:4022593)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RP vs Mclaren!

Havent seen a battle for 3rd in the constructors in a long time!

RP took that 15pts penalty early this year...in terms of entertainment, what a great penalty amount.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:14 (Ref:4022594)   #48
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Croft ..... STOP SHOUTING!!!!!!
Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:15 (Ref:4022595)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean and uneventful start. with Verstappen in the lead.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:28 (Ref:4022599)   #50
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Stroll potentially earning back millions for his dad.

not often we get a chance to pay our parents back!