Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 10 Jul 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3750217)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One handed sim racing

HeyHey there, I had an accident last year which left me with zero movement ib my left side, so while working out how to adapt my hobbies to my new limitations, my thoughts are on sim racing now. I have a healthy gaming laptop which I used to hook up to a 48inch TV, and enjoyed many mods on rFactor via an xbox 360 pad, I was fairly quick online with it too, so while dipping back into it, i'd like to the route of iRacing evebtually. For control. I'm thinking a Thrustmaster TMX as it seems good value at £120 in Maplin. My concern is...i've had a go on a Logitech G29 with Project Cars on PS4 and I found the fource feedback quite harsh, I didn't get the chance to change any settings for FFB, so I don't know how typical it was, but it was almost impossible to keep the car pointing in the right direction with one hand. The Reviews of the TMX generally point to its force being quite weak, but can FFB be turned off in iRacing? A wheel with 3 pedals and shifter would be useless for me, so Fanatecs while a lovely bit of kit aren't even worth thinking about. I even thought about the SRW wheel but from what I've seen, only one paddle on the right side is analogue, so i'd have proportional throttle but not brake?

Basically with no left hand or leg, any suggestions to get back into sim racing without costing the earth? i reckon a wheel with FFB turned right down is the ideal answer, but open to ideas!
Old 10 Jul 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3750229)   #2
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A while ago I raced with a guy called Rhys aka. SouthPawRacer. He has to drive with one hand, but the way he drives and controls the car, it's really competitive and amazing to watch. Plus, he is really friendly and I'm pretty sure he can give you a few ideas or suggestions.

Here is a video of his YouTube channel, you can contact him over there or just watch it for inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zczdaGbyTUw
Old 10 Jul 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3750258)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How he managed to do that amazing
Old 10 Jul 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3750288)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would imagine fella

If you go onto some of the more sim minded forums like racedepartment you might get some offers of help from some of the companies who advertise there.

At the least its worth emailing a few, you could easily get some help and they could use your disability to R+D some new stuff so that people in your situation might be able to play sims.